Look out Philly! Here we come!

by Meghann on August 18, 2011

Gooooooooddddd Morning!

Good to know Derek still had a sense of humor after waking up at 6:00am.

That’s better. (minus the frizzy hair. whoa.)

Derek and I are currently waiting to board our flight to Philly, then we’re on our way to the Healthy Living Summit!

Did I mention Derek is going to Philly too?!?! Because he is!! He has plans for a ‘guys weekend’ with a few friends while we’re up there, but I plan to put him to work while we’re there. He’s going to learn way more about stuffing swag bags today and tomorrow then he’ll probably ever want to learn. I also think I found our bouncer for the cocktail party. πŸ˜‰

I made a jar of overnight oats last night and ate them right before we went through security.

In the mix

• 1/2 cup Oats
  • Soy Milk
  • Plain Yogurt
  • Chia Seeds
  • Raisins
  • Cinnamon
  • Vanilla Peanut Butter

With a peach on top!

It was so easy, I just threw it in my bag on the way out the door and didn’t have to worry about tracking down a meal at the airport.

The only thing missing was Maddie to help lick the last drops from the jar.

Now, I need to figure out what to do with this hair. If you see me in a ponytail later today, you know why. πŸ™‚

See ya!

1 Ashley August 18, 2011 at 7:58 am

Yay! Safe travels. I need to figure out these OIAJ. Every time I’ve made them I haven’t liked them πŸ™
Ashley recently posted..Mission Wake Up

2 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 18, 2011 at 8:01 am

Your hurr (hair) looks fine! Have a safe flight πŸ™‚
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Chop Chop Farewell

3 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat August 18, 2011 at 8:01 am

I need to track down some of that vanilla PB!! Safe travels to the HLS – sounds like you are going to have a blast! Unfortunately I can’t make it this year because I have another fitness conference this weekend to go to (still loads of fun – I’m super pumped) but I’m keeping my fingers crossed that they don’t fall on the same weekend again next year. Have a fantastic time! πŸ™‚
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Moksha vs Bikram: What’s the Difference?

4 Halley(Blunder Construction) August 18, 2011 at 8:07 am

I’m flying into Philly this afternoon! Safe travels + good luck with the swag!!
Halley(Blunder Construction) recently posted..City of Brotherly Love

5 Corey @ Learning Patience August 18, 2011 at 8:07 am

Have a safe trip and have fun! xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..My Blog Mistake

6 Marissa @ applesofmyeye August 18, 2011 at 8:10 am

ah I’m so jealous you’re going to philly right now! I go to school at UPenn and can’t wait to get back there to start the semester in a few weeks!
Marissa @ applesofmyeye recently posted..Not Cute

7 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake August 18, 2011 at 8:12 am

Have a great time! I live about 45 minutes outside of Philly!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Simple Summer Supper

8 Sweet and Savvy August 18, 2011 at 8:14 am

I’m so jealous of those OIAJ! Vanilla PB on it’s own sounds wonderful. Where did you find that?
Sweet and Savvy recently posted..Perfect No Bake Cookies

9 Alicia from Poise in Parma August 18, 2011 at 8:17 am

That’s great that Derek was able to join you on your journey. Always nice to have a travel companion. Enjoy Philly and have fun at HLS!
Alicia from Poise in Parma recently posted..thoughts on an indoor eight mile long run

10 CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com/ August 18, 2011 at 8:17 am

Fly Safely!! I will be there in a few short hours as well! I really need to get my hands on some of that Naturally Nutty because the vanilla just sounds fantastic! See you soon!
CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com/ recently posted..Power Packed PB & O!

11 Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life) August 18, 2011 at 8:18 am

I can’t wait to read all about the HLS fun! I wish I could go this year, but I’m in for next year, once Baby D arrives πŸ™‚
Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted..My Plans for A Post-Baby Bod

12 The Teenage Taste August 18, 2011 at 8:20 am

Your hair looks fine, Meghann! You should see my hair right now – I feel it getting bigger by the minute! πŸ˜‰
Have a great time at HLS! πŸ˜€
The Teenage Taste recently posted..Pico de Gallo

13 Jane @ Jane's Addictions August 18, 2011 at 8:22 am

Love overnight oats (and I have you to think to turning me onto them :)). Fage 17.6 ounce containers are great for it, and I can just easily toss it out afterwards. I also always pack my own food for long flights, but that’s usually lunch and snacks. Have fun at the summit! Can’t wait to hear how it goes.
Jane @ Jane’s Addictions recently posted..As Big And Juice As They Come

14 Susan August 18, 2011 at 8:23 am

Hope you have a blast and that everything goes off without a hitch!! Going to miss seeing the gang this year. xoxo
Susan recently posted..Chemo Superhero

15 Samantha @ Bikini Birthday August 18, 2011 at 8:24 am

I’m excited for all the recaps!
Have a great weekend πŸ™‚

16 Army Amy* August 18, 2011 at 8:25 am

I like your hair! I will say that when I have a long or early flight, my will look a hot mess and I don’t care who knows it!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Where’s the beef?

17 Hope August 18, 2011 at 8:27 am

Have a safe flight! Just a word of warning, the weather is absolutely miserable here in Philly today! It’s been pouring, thundering, and lightning since 6:30 this morning! Be careful! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Old Blue Eyes…

18 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups August 18, 2011 at 8:30 am

Great idea about the Oats in a Jar on the go! Safe travels!!

19 Ali @ Ali Runs August 18, 2011 at 8:43 am

I was just in the Tampa airport last night!! Have a safe flght and good luck stuffing the swag bags’
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Storm Chaser Ali

20 Marisa E August 18, 2011 at 8:44 am

Yay!!! Have a safe trip…it’s pretty yucky in Philly right now. Hope you bring the Florida sunshine with you!!
See you tomorrow!!!!!!!!

21 Christina August 18, 2011 at 8:49 am

I love Philly! It’s the best!

Have fun!!!

22 Cait's Plate August 18, 2011 at 8:54 am

YAY!!! Have so much fun! Can’t wait to see all the recaps – wish I could be there πŸ™

23 Hillary August 18, 2011 at 8:59 am

1. Your shirt is adorable. Love it.
2. Whenever Derek wears his MM shirt, I swoon. I need to make shirts with my blog name and have my boyfriend wear them so I can swoon some more ; )
3. Be safe, have fun!
Hillary recently posted..Any Pizza, Naan Pizza

24 Taylor @ Crumbs Don't Count August 18, 2011 at 9:03 am

Haha…living in Florida pretty much guarantees flat and frizzy hair with the humidity at 100%. MISERABLE! At least we are all in the same frizzy boat together!
Taylor @ Crumbs Don’t Count recently posted..I Just Wanna Make You Sweat

25 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers August 18, 2011 at 9:06 am

Safe travels, and all that jazz. And I must admit, I kind of like the frizz.

MUST remember to pack my umbrella (ella, ella, eh?) for the weekend. The forecast…. is rough.
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..No Rest for the Wicked (and sweaty and tired!)

26 Coline August 18, 2011 at 9:13 am

Oooh wow! great idea have a good fun, Love it.
Coline recently posted..play angry birds online

27 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) August 18, 2011 at 9:17 am

Woo! Safe travels!
Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) recently posted..Moving day part 2

28 Katy (The Singing Runner) August 18, 2011 at 9:24 am

Woo hoo!!! See you in Philly! πŸ˜‰
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: Prepping for #HLS

29 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet August 18, 2011 at 9:28 am

Have a safe trip today! And how awesome that Derek is going with you.

Can’t wait to meet you in Philly πŸ™‚

30 Tara August 18, 2011 at 9:33 am

your shirt (or is it a dress?) is so cute, where is it from?? πŸ™‚

31 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife August 18, 2011 at 9:35 am

Ahhhh safe travels!

Love the idea of a quick airport breakfast πŸ™‚
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Super Foods + Thankful Thursday

32 michelle August 18, 2011 at 9:55 am

Have a safe flight!

33 Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine August 18, 2011 at 10:06 am

You look cute Meghann. πŸ™‚ Wishing you lots of luck with everything this weekend!!

34 Sara @my less serious life August 18, 2011 at 10:38 am

Inspired by the blogger world, I made my first batch of overnight oats last night – delish! But, yours had vanilla pb! Yum yum! I also had the thought that, in the right container, this would be the perfect thing to make the night before a busy day where there was no time for sitting down to breakfast. And, you proved that here! Love it!

-Sara-
Sara @my less serious life recently posted..the cereal experiment: Cascadian Farm Hearty Morning

35 Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life August 18, 2011 at 10:44 am

Have so much fun and good luck with everything!

I love packing snacks to take to the airport with me. It is sooo much cheaper and healthier than airport food!
Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life recently posted..Baked Tortellini Casserole

36 Laura August 18, 2011 at 10:55 am

Ahh Philly is miserable today!! If I’m not attending the HLS but live in Philly, is it ok to still come out afterward to meet everyone?

37 Yolie @ Practising Wellness August 18, 2011 at 10:56 am

Safe and happy travels, and have an amazing time! So nice to be travelling with your beau too πŸ™‚ Great call on the breakfast…it saves so much time and hassle trying to find something healthy at the airport…oats in a jar is perfectly portable, too! Genius, lol! πŸ™‚ xyx
Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..a special homemade supper

38 Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes August 18, 2011 at 11:15 am

Have a great time at HLS!!
Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes recently posted..WIAW…Surprise!

39 Mallory @ It's Only Life August 18, 2011 at 12:03 pm

You look so pretty! Love your hair like that / that shirt.
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Why I’m a Foodie

40 Jessica @ The Process of Healing August 18, 2011 at 1:05 pm

I think your hair looks cute!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Checking In

41 Nikki August 18, 2011 at 2:59 pm

I love Overnight oats when I know I will be in a hurry the next morning… or in a hotel with a fridge. Have a great time at the HLS! I am so jealous about hearing about all the other bloggers who are going… keep us informed if the wifi prices don’t prevent you from signing on!
Nikki recently posted..Breakfast Bagel Brunch

42 Emily@SavoryandSavage August 18, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Have a safe trip!

You picked a very cute traveling top πŸ™‚
Emily@SavoryandSavage recently posted..Can you identify this herb?

43 Mary @ Bites and Bliss August 18, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Lucky! You’re going to have so much fun!
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..Traded

44 Shayla @ The Good Life August 18, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Good luck with HLS!! Wish I was going so I hope to live vicariously through you and the other bloggers on your trip! I’m hoping next year I get to go…perhaps you could host it in California??!! πŸ˜‰

45 Hilary August 18, 2011 at 4:05 pm

I recognize that airport! Love love the Tampa airport. and those oats look amazing!

46 Hilary August 18, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Oh yeah! Can’t wait to see you at HLS…and tell Derek thank you for all the swag bag stuffing! πŸ˜‰
Hilary recently posted..Birthday Gifts

47 Christine (The Raw Project) August 18, 2011 at 6:24 pm

Have fun at HLS! So jealous you’re going!
Christine (The Raw Project) recently posted..WIAW & Green Hummus

48 Mary August 18, 2011 at 6:55 pm

I do the same thing with overnight oats when I travel. Easy, portable, healthy breakfast!

49 Allison August 19, 2011 at 7:39 am

FYI: I’m pretty that you can take oats through security- it’s not considered a cream, HA!
Allison recently posted..Bed Never Felt So Good