30 out of 40 isn’t bad

by Meghann on August 17, 2011

The goal: 40 miles

Reality: 30 miles

I woke up to rain this morning and decided to wait it out. I lost thirty minutes off my ride, but at least I had a dry seat to sit on. I’ve decided cycling in the rain isn’t very fun, no fun at all. πŸ˜‰

On my way to the trail I tried the acai-pomegranate Mix1.

It’s the 90 calorie version of Mix1, so it wasn’t as a thick as the others. It was still good, but tasted a bit watered down.

My ride was quick and painless. It felt great to just get out there and ride. I took all my built up stress and just left it on the road. I was happy when the sun broke free from clouds just before my turn around point. It ended up being a beautiful Tampa morning.

Gorgeous! πŸ™‚

30 miles later I was ready for breakfast.

In the bowl:

• 1/2 cup Shredded Mini Wheat
  • 1/2 cup Cinnamon Cheerios
  • 1/2 cup Cocoa Brown Rice Cereal
  • Plain Yogurt
  • 1/2 Peach
  • Cinnamon <– loved the cinnamon!

I just check into my flight for Philly!!! Less than 24 hours now!!

1 Chloe (In Fine Feather) August 17, 2011 at 10:36 am

Now that I’m finally in Atlanta I am even MORE impressed by your HIM training in the summer heat. It’s so hot here! Great job!
Chloe (In Fine Feather) recently posted..Where the Players Play

2 Samantha @ Bikini Birthday August 17, 2011 at 10:36 am

30 miles is nothing to balk at. That’s pretty impressive!

3 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers August 17, 2011 at 10:37 am

Bahhhh that’s the best feeling, checking in for your flight! Makes it so real.
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Demand and Dinner

4 Corey @ Learning Patience August 17, 2011 at 10:45 am

30 miles is awesome! You always motivate me girl…and sometimes make me feel super lazy…but mostly motivate me πŸ™‚ Beautiful picture… xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..Best Pizza Crust Ever and WIAW

5 Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life August 17, 2011 at 10:50 am

Somtimes waiting for the sun is sooo worth it!!! 30 miles is still great and 30 more miles that I probably could do!
Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday – A Day In My Life…

6 Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food August 17, 2011 at 10:53 am

I’m glad the weather turned around! It looks like it was beautiful! Oh…and also beautiful? That bowl of cereal! πŸ˜€
Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food recently posted..WIAW: Family Edition

7 Lindsey @ SoundEats August 17, 2011 at 11:04 am

I haven’t seen that Mix1 before! I wonder if I’d like it better than the others? I tried a regular after a big race up here and I wasn’t a fan – thought it tasted too thick and chalky.

P.S. I wish I had more time to travel, because I know a lot of people doing the Augusta HIM and I’d love to come cheer y’all on!
Lindsey @ SoundEats recently posted..Banana Zucchini Bread

8 Meghann August 17, 2011 at 11:06 am

They sell the 90 calories ones in Publix! I know a lot of people doing Augusta too! It’s going to be a big race. πŸ™‚

9 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather August 17, 2011 at 11:20 am

WHoop 30 is still great. You’re so right, I’m no fan of riding in the rain either. Not one bit.
Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather recently posted..3 New Spent Grain Granolas to Win!

10 Heather @ Side of Sneakers August 17, 2011 at 11:27 am

Ah thanks for reminding me to check in too! πŸ˜‰

11 Cait's Plate August 17, 2011 at 11:40 am

Wow – 30 miles just sounds incredible to me. I would wholeheartedly agree with you that 30 out of 40 ain’t bad at all!

And I can definitely see how biking in the rain would be no fun at all – don’t blame you for not liking it!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Flavor & Texture

12 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss August 17, 2011 at 11:44 am

I have a fruit and yogurt bowl almost every day for lunch, and cinnamon is a favorite regular add-in!
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..You Learn Something New Every Day.

13 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 17, 2011 at 11:44 am

Wow πŸ™‚ Those Tampa skies do look beautiful & clear– and I thought Orlando had it made in the shade
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Oodles & Oodles of Green Noodles

14 Mary @ Bites and Bliss August 17, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Good job!! Looks like a beautiful ride, too!
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..So call me a dork.

15 Ali @ Ali Runs August 17, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Cograts on getting your bike ride in even with all of the stress you’re under with the HLS! I’m more likely to skip a workout when I’m stressed, even though that’s when I need a workout the most!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Storm Chaser Ali

16 Hillary August 17, 2011 at 12:43 pm

I don’t even like looking at rain, never mind biking in it—good call on waiting it out ; )
Hillary recently posted..On Pins and…Oreos

17 Kim Bee August 17, 2011 at 12:43 pm

New follower looking for inspiration. Glad I found your blog. 30 is amazing!
Kim Bee recently posted..I’m still alive! Days 30, 31, 32, 33 Recaps

18 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife August 17, 2011 at 12:44 pm

WOOT! 30 miles is GREAT.

Yeah for HLS πŸ™‚
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Speed Work

19 Nikki August 17, 2011 at 12:57 pm

I plan on biking this evening. Such a beautiful day, and I need to get back into the cycling swing of things!
Nikki recently posted..YOGA HIGH!

20 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen August 17, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Nice ride! I’ve got a *hopeful* 20 miles on the bike later today that I’m looking forward to πŸ™‚
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..WIAW: Vacation style!

21 Allison August 19, 2011 at 7:42 am

Cinnamon= staple in my diet- it makes everything better πŸ˜€
Allison recently posted..Bed Never Felt So Good

22 Jess @InStyleDog August 22, 2011 at 3:43 pm

I don’t know how much you have time to check/read comments right now (Healthy Living Summit, what!), but I just ran across this in my Google Reader and immediately thought of you! Well, I thought of Blue, actually.

Anyway – I know she’s given you a fair share of troubles & I’m sure this bike is pretty expensive but the technology looks pretty rockin’:
Jess @InStyleDog recently posted..Follow Friday – Slate Hope