Ready, Set, Go

by Meghann on August 15, 2011

Big day!

Lots to do! Lots to say!

I was up extra early so I could squeeze a quick brick workout in before the day began.

I knocked out 15 miles on the bike in a little under an hour, then headed back for 3 miles in under half an hour. If I had the time, I would have done more. I felt like I was just getting warmed up by the time the 15 miles were up!

Breakfast was a quick bowl of cereal when I returned.

• 1/2 cup Quaker Life Cereal
  • 1/2 cup Shredded Mini Wheat
  • 1/4 cup Back to Nature Granola
  • Plain Yogurt
  • 1/2 a Peach
  • Honey Peanut Butter

The Quaker Life Cereal was the star of the bowl. I’m sort of obsessed lately. It was BOGO at Publix a couple of weeks ago and Derek and I came home with 4 boxes, it’s the one cereal we both can actually agree on. πŸ™‚

Bonus points that Quaker is the main sponsor for this year’s Healthy Living Summit. Unfortunately there will not be any Life Cereal at the event (sadness), but we will have a Quaker Oatmeal Bar on Sunday and mini boxes of Quaker Oatmeal Squares in the swag bags (awesomeness). I’m really looking forward to the oatmeal bar! It’s been too hot to make oatmeal lately, but it’s not too hot to have someone else prepare it and feed you with it. No sirree. πŸ˜‰

1 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 15, 2011 at 10:10 am

QUAKER IS THE SPONSOR!? Now I’m even more upset that I’m not gonna be at HLS πŸ™
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Bacon Lips

2 Ali @ Ali Runs August 15, 2011 at 10:10 am

Awesome work out! It’s all about getting it in when you can.
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Florida Running

3 Bobbi August 15, 2011 at 10:12 am

I so wish I was going to HLS!!!!
Bobbi recently posted..Eat Like an Athlete Part I

4 Cait's Plate August 15, 2011 at 10:13 am

That looks like a seriously good bowl. I would’ve gone with Quaker Oatmeal Squares myself (BEST cereal ever) but Life is a good second choice for me!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Mason Morning

5 Mary August 15, 2011 at 10:18 am

Awesome workout!
Mary recently posted..Tri the Worx Triathlon Recap!

6 Hillary August 15, 2011 at 10:18 am

Mmm, I love Life cereal! Don’t know that I’ve ever had the oatmeal squares, though!
Hillary recently posted..Crabtastic

7 Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio August 15, 2011 at 10:24 am

I’m excited to meet you at HLS! I love Quaker… awesome sponsor!
Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio recently posted..A New Hangout Spot!

8 michelle August 15, 2011 at 10:27 am

I’m looking forward to reading your recap(s) of the HLS and seeing all the pics
michelle recently posted..Frankfurt Marathon Training: Week 7

9 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen August 15, 2011 at 10:29 am

It is too hot for oatmeal, I made it this morning and tried to eat it outside on the deck at the beach and immediately started sweating! Nice workout πŸ™‚
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..The perfect beach day

10 Hannah August 15, 2011 at 10:44 am

We have those same bowls! lol I received a free sample of the Quaker cereal in the mail haven’t tried it yet, but this makes me want to! lol

11 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss August 15, 2011 at 10:51 am

life cereal and I…. we go waaay back. and I love it.
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..HLS Bound… For The Party.

12 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups August 15, 2011 at 10:53 am

I haven’t had Quaker Life in so long!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Hot Dog Heaven and sister time

13 Amy August 15, 2011 at 10:53 am

Morning Meghann,
Remember i had asked for help regarding running in the evening? Well i had my night race over the weekend-it was supposed to be a 10km, but due to a (healing) knee injury i cut the distance to 5km instead. I got my fastest 5km time by almost 3 minutes!!! And it was the first time i ran a sub-30 minute 5km race. I know that seems slow to most people, but for me that is pretty darn speedy πŸ™‚ Thanks to you and all your readers for the PM running advice-it definitely helped!!
Cheers

14 Meghann August 15, 2011 at 10:56 am

Heck yeah!!!!!!! Congrats Amy!!!!! Sub-30 is definitely speedy by all standards. You rock!

15 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife August 15, 2011 at 11:52 am

mmm Quaker makes some good stuff (with a whole lot of sugar though, haha). Sounds like it’s been a good morning so far!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Yoga Is Calming

16 Alex August 15, 2011 at 12:18 pm

What kind of surface is that? Pebble tiles? Is that on your counter? Me and my boyfriend are renovating our new apartment and I am looking high and low for ideas. If that is a counter surface it is definitely pretty cool….
Alex recently posted..Dreams of Steel: Tomohiro Inaba

17 Meghann August 15, 2011 at 12:57 pm

It’s the floor of my porch. πŸ™‚

18 Khushboo August 15, 2011 at 12:28 pm

An oatmeal bar??? I would be all over that!!
Khushboo recently posted..Why hello there, Hunger!

19 Sara August 15, 2011 at 12:48 pm

I am doing a little ‘experiment’ of sorts on my blog – testing out different types of cereals for taste and nutrition. I recently reviewed Quaker Oatmeal Squares (which are delicious, by the way) and thought you might enjoy the read: http://mylessseriouslife.blogspot.com/2011/08/cereal-experiment-quaker-oatmeal.html
Sara recently posted..weekend review: asparagus from heaven

20 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) August 15, 2011 at 12:57 pm

An oatmeal bar?! Another reason I wish I was going to the HLS πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Chicago Marathon Training- Week Five

21 Brittany August 15, 2011 at 1:02 pm

I’ve never tried Quaker Life but I’m obsessed with Quaker Oatmeal Squares!

22 Hope August 15, 2011 at 1:28 pm

I love Quaker Life but Quaker Oat Squares are my absolute favorite! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Could You Take My Picture…

23 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers August 15, 2011 at 2:00 pm

I just received a mini box of the Quaker Oat Squares as a freebie not too long ago…. I guess I must utilize them quick, before they meet a new one from the swag bag!!

I’ve been feeling like a human vacuum lately with cereal, mini boxes might be the way to go for portion control!
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Good Karma Omelet

24 Mary @ Bites and Bliss August 15, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Ahh I love Quaker!! Cool they’re sponsoring!
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..Yoga’s for hard core fighters.

25 Army Amy* August 15, 2011 at 5:44 pm

When I was little, my mom bought Quaker cereal. I remember sneaking bites of it. Yum.*
Army Amy* recently posted..The Hottest Half: Race Recap

26 Kim Foster MD August 15, 2011 at 7:13 pm

You’re so disciplined, getting up all early. Impressive!
Kim Foster MD recently posted..Losing Weight the French Way: Weighing In On The Dukan Diet