more ยป" />

5 Minute Lunch

by Meghann on August 12, 2011

Things I need to do this afternoon:

• Bank
  • Laundry
  • Pack a bag for the weekend
  • Empty the dishwasher
  • Take out the trash
  • Clean kitchen
  • Publix
  • Answer e-mails
  • Wrap up projects
  • Blog

Hours I have to do it all in: 3

That should explain why my lunch looks like this.

Sweet Potato. Marinara Sauce. Ricotta Cheese. Done.

Lunch in 5 minutes or less or bust.

At least it was good. ๐Ÿ™‚

Derek and I are heading to his family’s beach condo for the weekend. There’s no internet in the condo, so I’m hoping to sneak to the office to get my fix while we’re away. This will be my last hoorah before the craziness of next week begins!

Anyone else escaping for the weekend?!

• blog

1 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 12, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Beach condo?
..When are you picking me up? ๐Ÿ˜€
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Thick Oats & Cafe Ragazzi

2 Ellie@fitforthesoul August 12, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Mmmmm great idea! haha, I was craving sweet tater today and have none in the fridge–now you doubled my craving! ๐Ÿ˜€ Have a great day and take care!
Ellie@fitforthesoul recently posted..My WIAW #3 and the Venue Hunt

3 allison @ thesundayflog August 12, 2011 at 2:24 pm

good luck! im heading to manasquan nj to visit my roomie from africa =) cant wait!

4 Sami August 12, 2011 at 2:38 pm

may i recommend adding hummus next time? delish ๐Ÿ˜‰

xo

5 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen August 12, 2011 at 2:40 pm

I’m escaping for the week! Headed down to NC to the beach for the week tonight! Enjoy your fun weekend!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Tempo run & my top 5 favorite running gear

6 Cait's Plate August 12, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Regardless it looks like a pretty delicious lunch! Sometimes the simpler, the better ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck getting everything done!

7 Meredith August 12, 2011 at 2:43 pm

me! Carolina Beach this weekend! ๐Ÿ™‚

8 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups August 12, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Have fun at the beach! Love ricotta–looks like a good lunch to me!

9 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers August 12, 2011 at 2:45 pm

I have only two things on my agenda:

-pool
-chocolate crack

Dream big, right?
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Football. Football. FOOTBALL! (oh, and Friday.)

10 Kara August 12, 2011 at 3:08 pm

I’d love to escape to the beach this weekend! Instead, my escape is an 18 mile run tomorrow and 10 on Sunday. Yay for 50 mile training, lol!
Kara recently posted..That guy who trolls my blog wrote a post

11 christina cadden August 12, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Have fun!!!

12 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) August 12, 2011 at 3:35 pm

I wish I was escaping for the weekend! Can I come with?
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Fifteen Miles- Oh, $@!#

13 Corey @ Learning Patience August 12, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Lunch looks yummy! I will be surfing tomorrow morning and Sunday going out on boat all day — so fun!! xoxo from Trinidad – Have a great weekend!
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..Date night should not include screaming children

14 amyt @ chicken nugget momma August 12, 2011 at 3:55 pm

We are leaving for Daytona Bch Sunday for a few days….can.not.wait!
amyt @ chicken nugget momma recently posted..On a daily basis

15 Hilary August 12, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Nope! No plans on the weekend….just switched to a new host, so that should be taking up most of my time. For 5 minutes, that lunch looks pretty darn good.
Hilary recently posted..Recipe for a perfect Thursday

16 Mary @ Bites and Bliss August 12, 2011 at 4:46 pm

Mmm sweet potato! That looks so good! Have fun at the condo!!
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..Easy Roasted Chickpeas and a winner!

17 Hillary August 12, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Far from escaping, this is the first weekend I’ll have spent at home in nearly a month!

18 allpointswhole August 12, 2011 at 5:52 pm

Interesting! I will have to try that!

19 Jessica @Baybaybites August 12, 2011 at 5:56 pm

That lunch looks so good! I might just have to try that. Course, I love anything with cheese.
Jessica @Baybaybites recently posted..Happy Birthday To Me!

20 Joyce @ Jranola Joyce August 12, 2011 at 6:16 pm

That looks really good! ๐Ÿ™‚
Sometimes quick lunches are the best!
Joyce @ Jranola Joyce recently posted..Artichoke Red Quinoa with Avocado

21 Emily@SavoryandSavage August 12, 2011 at 6:20 pm

No plans for the weekend. I am hoping to finally design a unique looking header for my blog *fingers crossed* for some creative inspiration this weekend.

Have fun at the beach.
Emily@SavoryandSavage recently posted..I just couldn’t resist

22 Katherina @ Zephyr Runs August 12, 2011 at 6:57 pm

Savory sweet potatoes, something I never end up trying even though I know it’ll taste delicious! Hope you got all you needed to accomplish done; have fun at the condo!!
Katherina @ Zephyr Runs recently posted..Mighty Leaf Tea Review & Giveaway

23 Anna August 12, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Enjoy your weekend! My escape plans involve painting my new place and moving ๐Ÿ™‚
Anna recently posted..Birthday Recap

24 Jane @ Jane's Addictions August 12, 2011 at 10:19 pm

No escapes for me ๐Ÿ™ but I have a busy crazy week coming up. At least the weather is expected to be nice so I hope to do a bunch of fun stuff outside before the long hours at the office start. Have fun on your getaway!
Jane @ Jane’s Addictions recently posted..A post about a post

25 CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com/ August 13, 2011 at 5:44 am

that lunch looks pretty darn awesome. I wouldnt think to mix sweet potato with what i normally think of with pasta but i must try that ASAP. I like sweet potatos way better than pasta anyway haha but normally with ketchup…
CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com/ recently posted..Super Salad and Smoothie Combo

26 Yolie @ Practising Wellness August 13, 2011 at 7:27 am

Mmm… delicious lunch! Speedy is not a bad thing at all! Our weekend plans are bike riding and bbqing…so much fun! Of and gardening. have a wonderful weekend away! <3 xyx
Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..fear foods vs. fear situations

27 Krystina (Organically Me) August 13, 2011 at 8:37 am

Just a relaxing weekend at this casa. A romantic dinner for two last night, Winter Park farmer’s market this morning, and if I can convince my boyfriend to go to the beach tomorrow, then that’s happening!
Krystina (Organically Me) recently posted..New Beginnings