more ยป" />

Thursday Night Speed

by Meghann on August 11, 2011

Lordy, lordy, I’m exhausted. I can barely keep my eyes open to type this. ๐Ÿ™‚

This afternoon I once again had my booty handed to me at the Tampa Tri Team Thursday night speed workout.

We started with a a .75 mile warm up, then moved to four rounds of a 400 lap at a 5k pace followed by an 800 lap at a 10k pace, and finished with a .75 cool down. I haven’t pushed my body that hard to go that fast in a while. I was able to hold my first 400 at a 6:50 pace, but quickly fell after that. I believe my last one was somewhere around a 7:45. My 800 started at a 7:45 pace and fell to an 8:30 at the end. I need to work on that.

I finished with just over 4 miles under my belt. Not bad for a Thursday night.

Before meeting with the team, I had a Kashi Bar.

By the time I got home I was sweaty, stinky and STARVING. I asked Derek to help start dinner while I took a quick shower. It should be noted that he jokingly declined from the couch when I asked and I started crying tears of hunger. Don’t mess with hangry Meghann.

Derek came through and chopped up some carrots and onion while I got in the shower. We really had no plan for dinner, I just knew I wanted carrots. We both stared at the pan, then opened the fridge to see what we could add.

Mushrooms? Sure.

Leftover Chickpeas? Toss them in.

Then Derek saw some eggs and suggest we add a few eggs as well.

That’s how we ended up with this.

I finished the plate off with a piece of toast, spinach, cheese, and hot sauce. Yum.

I had the last of the Keylime Pie Frozen Yogurt for Dessert.

My eyelids are getting heavier. I need to go to bed now.

Good Night!

1 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) August 11, 2011 at 9:33 pm

Awww! Doesn’t Derek know not to joke around with a hungry runner? Haha ๐Ÿ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..WIAW and a Lunch Date

2 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 11, 2011 at 9:34 pm

I know allll about the hunger tears. For real, that’s my thing.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..on listening to your body

3 Mallory @ It's Only Life August 11, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Sometimes the most random dinner creations are the best!

I totally know where you’re coming from– you DON’T want to mess with me when I’m hungry! Oh, my poor boyfriend…
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Shopping Success + My First Giveaway!

4 Carly D. @ CarlyBananas August 11, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Aww Meghann, I had the hunger tears after the track last night! I really wanted cereal and we were out of milk and I just melted down because I didn’t want to walk to the store to get more – the store is visible from my window. It was not a big deal but I couldn’t take it!!
Carly D. @ CarlyBananas recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: Summer Meal Planning

5 Ashley August 11, 2011 at 9:44 pm

I agree, sometimes the most random of dinners are the best. Key Lime anything always makes life better ๐Ÿ™‚
Ashley recently posted..The Care Package

6 Rachel August 11, 2011 at 9:46 pm

I did a track workout this evening at about 5:30…it was SO STINKIN’ HOT! I met my family at Tijuana Flats (buy one get one free coupon–holla!) and I had the hungries, as well. And of course, when I got home I had to have some lowfat ice cream and some chocolate ๐Ÿ™‚ There’s something about speed that just makes me want more calories ๐Ÿ™‚ Have a good night!
Rachel recently posted..We interruptโ€ฆ

7 Chloe (In Fine Feather) August 11, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Sometimes random scrambles are the best kind of meal. And I am super impressed by your consistency in workout regimens – it will be so fun for all of us to see you finally complete your 1/2 IM!
Chloe (In Fine Feather) recently posted..Vegetarian Revelations

8 Hillary August 11, 2011 at 9:51 pm

So not ashamed to admit that I’ve cried the ugly hungry tears many times before, too. You’re not alone!
Hillary recently posted..Back in the Kitchen

9 Jessica @ Sushi & Sit-Ups August 11, 2011 at 9:51 pm

That’s my favorite Kashi bar flavor! Yum!
Jessica @ Sushi & Sit-Ups recently posted..Shari

10 Cait's Plate August 11, 2011 at 10:01 pm

Haha – I’m the same way when I’m starving! DO NOT mess with me! That salad looks fantastic – that’s usually my go-to “hangry” solution too. Quick, easy and filling!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Mark of a Good Meal

11 Alaina August 11, 2011 at 10:36 pm

I will curl up in a ball with hunger pains after a hard workout. I literally hurt when I’m hungry.

Great job on the speed workout! ๐Ÿ™‚
Alaina recently posted..Lazy, Yet Productive

12 Laura @ Backstage Balance August 11, 2011 at 11:14 pm

Sounds like a great workout! I am looking toward incorporating track workouts into my Marathon training, at some point. I need speedwork in my life!
LOL on the tears of hunger thing – Zak has totally felt the wrath of a hangry Laura, too!
Laura @ Backstage Balance recently posted..Four weeks ’til Pikes Peak

13 Kelsey @ Snacking Squirrel August 11, 2011 at 11:22 pm

you can barely see the bread anymore with all those gorgeous and delicious toppings! mm and good call on the eggs- yummy!! <3
Kelsey @ Snacking Squirrel recently posted..Best Veggie Burgers

14 Gina @ running to the kitchen August 11, 2011 at 11:52 pm

I did a 4 mile tempo run tonight, speedwork is painful while you’re doing it but you feel so good afterwards!
Gina @ running to the kitchen recently posted..15 miles & a stir fry

15 Lauren August 12, 2011 at 6:21 am

I get the same way when I am starving! My husband knows better by now. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Lauren recently posted..The Summer Wind Down

16 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 12, 2011 at 6:39 am

This looks very much like many of my meals– concoctions ๐Ÿ˜€
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Things Iโ€™m Loving Thursday: Second Edition

17 Hope August 12, 2011 at 8:16 am

I love making random meals. My dinner was random last night too and it worked out perfectly ๐Ÿ™‚
Hope recently posted..Zucchini and Eggplant Bakeโ€ฆ

18 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers August 12, 2011 at 9:39 am

I imagine finishing the Keylime Pie Frozen Yogurt was sort of like saying goodbye to a dear friend… I hope you’re coping with the loss, somehow.

Also, sounds like a killer night of training. You DEFINITELY deserved that dinner, scrambled as it may have been!
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..August is the New October

19 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me August 12, 2011 at 9:46 am

Hah! At least he helped you. My fiance would’ve been like ehhhh, let’s just get pizza.
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Screwy Dreams

20 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) August 12, 2011 at 10:49 am

Haha that’s how MOST of my dinners are created. Hope you’re feeling more rested this morn!
Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) recently posted..A stress-free, thankful Friday

21 Ali @ Ali Runs August 12, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Track workouts are killer!! Congrats on doing so awesome! Also–I can totally relate to crying when hungry. But most of the time I cry over stupid things when I’m extremely tired. Like ridic things. I need my beauty rest!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Cherry Hill Loop

22 Allison August 12, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Sounds like a good “catch-can” dinner (on nights my momma didn’t want to cook, she would say “catch what you can,” which was then abbreviated)! Egg scrambled with lots of veggies and some type of protein are a go-to for me after long days, so filling!
Allison recently posted..From Ma Phoneee