Dragging

by Meghann on August 8, 2011

Happy Monday Everyone!

It has been a slow moving Monday around here. First, I had to practically drag myself to the gym (the person at check-in asked if he should sing to me to wake me up), then the ole site was down when I returned. Lovely. Is it too early to go back to bed? πŸ˜‰

I really, really, really didn’t want to get in the pool this morning, but I put my swimsuit on anyways and headed out the door. I took my time putting my swim cap and googles on, then promised myself a short workout and reminded myself that the sooner I jumped in, the faster it would be over.

I tackled Courtney’s Pyramid Workout, hoping the broken up laps would go by faster than other workouts. Quick and easy.

Pyramid Workout

Warm Up

• 250 yds easy

Main Set

• 16 x 25 @ :35
  • 8 x 50 @ 1:10
  • 4 x 100 @ 2:20

Cool Down

• 150 yds easy

Total: 1600 yds

I hopped out of the pool and headed to the weights (after a quick change) for my final workout of NROLFW Stage 2A (can you believe I’m already in the final week of stage 2?!)

I left the gym still not fully awake, but at least I had my work out done for the day. πŸ™‚

Breakfast

• 1/2 cup Mini Shredded Wheat
  • 1/2 cup Cinnamon Cheerios
  • 1/2 cup Erewhon Cocoa Brown Rice Crispies
  • Plain yogurt
  • Strawberries
  • Honey Peanut Butter

I forgot how good a little scoop of peanut butter is in a bowl of cereal. It’s like a little treat in every spoonful.

I need caffeine.

Lots of caffeine.

Let’s get this work week started. )

1 Megan @ Life As Megan KNows It August 8, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Your breakfast always looks so good! Makes me kind of jealous I work in a an office!!
Megan @ Life As Megan KNows It recently posted..first β€œlong” run…

2 Cat @Breakfast to Bed August 8, 2011 at 12:05 pm

My son slept in this morning, and I snuggled next to him and fell back asleep. Must be Monday.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Walking Around in the Buff.

3 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) August 8, 2011 at 12:07 pm

It’s absolutely imperative that I have peanut butter with cereal. It doesn’t keep me full otherwise!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Chicago Marathon Training Plan- Week Four

4 Arie August 8, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Im the same way, I need to add peanut or almond butter to cereal to keep me full.

5 Emily@RunningPerspective August 8, 2011 at 12:07 pm

looks delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome workout! defff gonna try to incorporate it into mine!!
Emily@RunningPerspective recently posted..battling with myself

6 Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine August 8, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Mondays always require lots of caffeine. πŸ™‚ Glad the site is back up!

7 Candice August 8, 2011 at 12:13 pm

way to go! it always takes me FOREVER to get my butt in the pool.. either because I’m on a weekend hangover or the water is to cold.. haha! i ran this morning instead.. after pressing snooze 12 times.. ugh. bring on the caffeine!

8 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 8, 2011 at 12:15 pm

YEY CAFFEINE
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Timer of True Love

9 Mary August 8, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Those berries look so good!

I’ve done the same thing about getting my workouts in, At least you’re done, and you never regret a workout πŸ™‚
Mary recently posted..Floating Coffee Shops

10 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn August 8, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Ahhhh I know isn’t it the best?! I love sunflower seed buttah cause you can drizzle it πŸ˜‰ Girl get dat coffee I had three cups on saturday!!! #badhabit #sorryimnotsorry
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..Bigger-Than-Your-Momma’s-Booty Anniversary Giveaway!

11 michelle August 8, 2011 at 12:56 pm

I felt pretty sluggish this morning myself and had to motivate myself to get my run on. I always feel so much better after it’s done that I almost forget that I never felt like doing it to begin with. Almost.
michelle recently posted..Frankfurt Marathon Training: Week 6

12 Army Amy* August 8, 2011 at 12:56 pm

That breakfast looks great! I need more fresh strawberries in my life!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Hottest Half: 12 Mile Training Run

13 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather August 8, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Mmmmmm that looks like a great breakfast! Strawberries have been so sweet lately πŸ™‚

Swimming rocks. I need to try this pyramid workout asap.

14 Corey @ Learning Patience August 8, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Love your breakfast – looks so good! Pat on the back for getting your workout in – even when you didn’t want to! πŸ™‚ Wishing the best for you today… πŸ™‚ xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..Running – My Hate to Love Story

15 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss August 8, 2011 at 1:46 pm

I hear ya on the caffeine, girlfriend! I just hit a PDR of 16 miles yesterday, and I’m duh-raaaaging today.

P.S. how have I not been over here before? I’m so behind. πŸ™‚
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..Where I’ve Been

16 melissa (fitforclass) August 8, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Start slow and taper off as mark twain would say, and fully enjoy a nice caffeine kick. Love the swim workout!

17 Jenny @ Best Jenny Ever August 8, 2011 at 2:16 pm

I’ve just started swimming and wanted to incorporate weights into my workouts. Do you shower and do weights with your hair wet? Sorry for the silly question, I’ve just been trying to figure out the logistics.
Jenny @ Best Jenny Ever recently posted..Posting Fail

18 Meghann August 8, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Yep, I rinse off, change, and head to weights with wet hair. I usually bring a towel around with me to catch any drips my wet hair may leave behind.

19 Jenny @ Best Jenny Ever August 8, 2011 at 2:23 pm

I may have to try this tomorrow.
Jenny @ Best Jenny Ever recently posted..Posting Fail

20 Cait's Plate August 8, 2011 at 2:26 pm

I had a very similar breakfast – completely with lots of caffeine!! Hope it gives you the pick-me-up it did for me!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Lunch Routine

21 LauraJayne August 8, 2011 at 3:37 pm

I like peanut butter on anything – but especially breakfast! Looks so good!
LauraJayne recently posted..A Sugar & Gluten-Free Life?

22 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife August 8, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Nice! Happy MONDAY!! πŸ™‚

23 Yolie @ Practising Wellness August 9, 2011 at 5:54 am

Good on you for getting up and getting moving, even though you didn’t feel like it – bet you’re so glad you did, especially when the blog went down – one less thing to fit in during an obviously crazy day! <3 Your breakfast looks deliciuos – so vibrant with all the pop of colour from the strawberries. Delish. πŸ™‚ Take care, lovely! xyx
Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..my favourite yoga pose

24 Sarah August 10, 2011 at 7:37 am

I know how you feel except I am having this problem on a wednesday. I am CURRENTLY staling my workout by reading blogs…. EXHAUSTED!
Sarah recently posted..Most Random Post Ever