more ยป" />

Sweat-tastic

by Meghann on August 4, 2011

Whoa!

Speed work with the Tampa Tri Team was INTENSE tonight.

Our track is still under construction (it should re-open at the end of this month!), so we were confined to the YFC parking lot for the majority of our workouts. We would run a lap of the parking lot, do some agility drills, then another lap. The worst was when we had to do a lap of squats, then run a lap at 5k pace – OUCH!

I was soaked in sweat by the time we were done. Not a dry patch of hair or fabric on me.

And I discovered something new. Apparently my uber-comfy Champion shirt stretches when it’s drenched in sweat.

It went from a shirt to a dress in the span of an hour.

That’s the first time I’ve had that happen. I must have REALLY been sweating it up.

Before my sweat-tastic run session, I had some pretzels with mustard.

(and 1/2 a pint of unpictured blueberries ๐Ÿ™‚ )

Post-run all I wanted was something cold for dinner. A large smoothie in a bowl seemed to do the trick.

In the blender

• Spinach
  • Vanilla Protein Powder
  • Frozen Peaches
  • Frozen Mando
  • Vanilla Soy Milk
  • Xanthum Gum
  • Ice

On top

• Chocolate Granola
  • Honey Peanut Butter

I firmly believe smoothie are the best post-run meals (for both morning and night!).

Attune Chocolate Bar for dessert.

The alarm is set early – I have a FORTY mile bike ride to rock in the morning!

Good Night!

1 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 4, 2011 at 9:57 pm

I was going to say that I’ve never seen a legitimate “running dress” haha
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Things Iโ€™m Lovinโ€™ Thursday

2 Chloe (In Fine Feather) August 4, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Well now you know when your shirt starts drooping you are getting an AWESOME workout in!
Chloe (In Fine Feather) recently posted..21 Days of Yoga

3 Cait's Plate August 4, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Haha oh my gosh! That’s so funny how much that stretched! It does look uber comfy ๐Ÿ™‚

I love ending the day with a good workout – I did the same tonight and it was perfect!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Last Sunset

4 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups August 4, 2011 at 10:13 pm

I agree about smoothies! They’re a great way to cool down and renourish. Plus they’re delicious!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Downtown PourHouse

5 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles August 4, 2011 at 10:16 pm

Good luck on your bike ride tomorrow morning!!
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Vegan Pesto

6 Matteson @Healthy High Schooler August 4, 2011 at 10:16 pm

Smoothies in a bowl are quickly becoming one of my favorite meals for these hot summer temps!

7 Michelle @ Crazy*Running*Legs August 4, 2011 at 10:51 pm

I learned about the “running dress” the hard way – during a 16 mile run with my pace group. One of the girls asked me about my dress. I thought she was joking, until I looked down and realized you couldn’t see my shorts. I have 6 of those shirts (including the color you wearing) and it’s still my preference when running. I love that it doesn’t stick to me! Guess I can deal with it being a dress.

Good luck with your ride tomorrow! Sending you lots of “hope your ass doesn’t hurt” vibes.
Michelle @ Crazy*Running*Legs recently posted..Boston Vacation – Day 4

8 Beth August 4, 2011 at 11:00 pm

I have the same Champion shirt and I wore it on a run yesterday in the pouring rain… yup it also turned into a dress. It was an interesting look on me!

9 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen August 4, 2011 at 11:49 pm

I’ve never had that happen to me yet with those shirts. You must’ve been sweating like crazy!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Scenes from Seattle

10 Sana August 5, 2011 at 12:01 am

Bahahaha, you are soakeddd!

11 karla August 5, 2011 at 12:01 am

That happened to my same champion top when I ran 12 miles in the Dallas heat this past weekend…felt like extra weight by the end if my run. Sounds like you had an awesome workout tonight. Good luck on your bike ride tomorrow!

12 Vanessa @ Swift as Shadows August 5, 2011 at 12:17 am

Magical stretching shirt! =)

Just wanted to say that Meals and Miles (or Inner Workings…) was the first healthy living blog I ever read — before I realized there was an entire online community devoted to healthy eating/fitness/etc. My blogroll is packed now, and I don’t always have time to keep up with them daily, but I do make it a point to check back on this one often. And you never cease to inspire me — maybe even without meaning to. I’ve only worked up to a few miles at a time (running), but I’m striving for more thanks to you and so many other girls in the blogging community. So THANK YOU! =)

13 Amber @ Stop and Smell the Wildflowers August 5, 2011 at 2:21 am

Haha, sorry, I just cracked up at your shirt/dress. I’ve never had that happen, how strange.
Amber @ Stop and Smell the Wildflowers recently posted..Just Around the River Bend

14 Mary August 5, 2011 at 5:37 am

woo hoo! 40 miles!!

Good luck! ๐Ÿ˜€
Mary recently posted..Hot Hot Run

15 Lauren August 5, 2011 at 6:51 am

I agree. Smoothies are the way to go after a pure sweaty run.
Lauren recently posted..Solace in the Kitchen

16 Ali August 5, 2011 at 7:48 am

I have had the SAME thing happen to the same shirt! So weird!
The lap of squats sounds killer!!
Ali recently posted..3rd Half Marathon

17 Jane @ Jane's Addictions August 5, 2011 at 8:24 am

You never know when a girl might want to ditch her workout and hit the clubs instead, so you are all set with your 2 in 1 champion shirt ๐Ÿ˜‰
Jane @ Jane’s Addictions recently posted..How do you like those melons?

18 Meghann August 5, 2011 at 11:10 am

haha true enough!

19 Carolina @ Peas in a Blog August 5, 2011 at 8:37 am

That is my favorite running tank ever, I have it in an obscene amount of colors. I don’t think it’s ever stretched out that much for me but let me get back to you this week as I hit double digit runs ๐Ÿ™‚
Carolina @ Peas in a Blog recently posted..Oyster Fried Rice.

20 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife August 5, 2011 at 8:46 am

I love a nice GOOD sweat ๐Ÿ™‚ And yeah, smoothies after are a MIUST!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..BodyPUMP Weight Selection

21 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun August 5, 2011 at 8:55 am

The lap of squats followed by a quick speed lap – yea that would kill me too. And I can’t believe your shirt stretched like that! Wow!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Thank The Sweet Heavens

22 Krissy @ Shiawase Life August 5, 2011 at 9:04 am

LOL same thing happened to me with my Champion shirt this week when I wore it to bikram…
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..GO for the GOLD.

23 Sarah August 5, 2011 at 9:23 am

40 miles? Holy moly! Good luck!!
Sarah recently posted..Update me!

24 Hillary August 5, 2011 at 9:36 am

Smoothies are the best post-anything meal, in my book. Especially in the summer!
Hillary recently posted..Sheโ€™s a Mono-eater

25 Laura S. August 5, 2011 at 9:44 am

Im having trouble visualizing the lap of squats. How does that work?!

26 Meghann August 5, 2011 at 11:13 am

Basically they’re moving sqauts where you squat and move to the side at the same time.

27 Cat @Breakfast to Bed August 5, 2011 at 10:46 am

That is both gross and hysterical and I love it.

28 Mimi August 5, 2011 at 2:28 pm

We were workout attire twins last night! I wore the same shirt in the same color!

In other news, that workout sounds intense! And following it up with a 40 mile bike ride? Crazy!
Mimi recently posted..Wedding: The Ceremony