more ยป" />

Nice and Easy Swim

by Meghann on August 4, 2011

Good Morning!

I’ve really been switching up my workout schedule this week. I skipped spinning on Tuesday, went to swing yoga instead of swimming yesterday, and hopped on my bike for my first mid-week ride in who knows how long last night. It’s been a great change. ๐Ÿ™‚

I did make up yesterday’s pool session when it hit the gym this morning. I wanted to get a nice long swim in to balance out the hard and fast one from Monday. I followed Courtney’s ‘Nice and Easy’ swim workout and ended up with a total of 2200 yards under my belt.

The workout called for 8x200s, which sounded ridiculously long at first, but splitting it into two sets of 4x200s made it seem shorter for some reason. I was in and out of the pool in 45 minutes.

After a quick change, I hit the weight room for NROLFW Stage 2B. I found it interesting that the same people who are in the weight room on Mondays and Wednesdays were also there today. I wonder if they’re there everyday?!? hmm…

Breakfast

A big bowl of cereal

• 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crisp
  • 1/2 cup Erewhon Chocolate Brown Rice Crispies
  • 1/2 cup Cinnamon Cheerios
  • Black Cherry Chobani
  • Blueberries

Cereal is good.

Happy Thursday everyone!

1 Cait's Plate August 4, 2011 at 10:01 am

Cereal IS good. That bowl looks amazing. It’s always nice to switch up the workout routine, helps keep the body guessing ๐Ÿ™‚
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Back to Sleep

2 TanyaS August 4, 2011 at 10:01 am

I was wondering the same thing when I went to the gym an hour earlier than usual and saw the same people. Wondering just how long those beefy dudes spend there!

3 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 4, 2011 at 10:03 am

I really need to switch up my workouts too ๐Ÿ™
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Spots Muchos Spots

4 Vikki August 4, 2011 at 10:04 am

Meghann, with the weight lifting thing, how is that going? Have you noticed any changes yet?
Vikki recently posted..Hooping Practice

5 Meghann August 4, 2011 at 10:06 am

Yes, I’ve notice the changes. I doubt anyone else can see it, but I can ๐Ÿ™‚

6 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) August 4, 2011 at 10:05 am

I notice a lot of the same people at the gym too! Especiallly in spinning ๐Ÿ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..WIAW- Pudding for Breakfast

7 michelle August 4, 2011 at 10:07 am

On the rare occasion I do two-a-days, I sometimes see the same people there and wonder if they are there twice a day, everyday! If so, that’s hardcore. Or insane.
michelle recently posted..Pump it up! Why you should lift weights

8 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife August 4, 2011 at 10:13 am

I love a good swim workout!

I did one on Tuesday and it felt GREAT ๐Ÿ™‚ Goooo weights!! I love how it makes me feel to lift heavy!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Meal Time + Thankful Thursday

9 Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio August 4, 2011 at 10:24 am

Switching up workouts is so good for you … it’s good to break routine.
Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio recently posted..In Cod We Trust

10 Yolie @ Practising Wellness August 4, 2011 at 10:29 am

Yup, cereal is indeed good ๐Ÿ˜‰ I love switching up my workout routine and going with the flow, because that way it keeps exercise and fitness fresh and fun ๐Ÿ™‚ xyx
Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..music is my therapy

11 Karin August 4, 2011 at 10:30 am

Sweet’
Karin recently posted..Dealing with Infertility-My side of the Story

12 Corey @ Learning Patience August 4, 2011 at 10:31 am

Switching it up is supposed to really help you body out — your workouts become more effective! ๐Ÿ™‚ Off to hit the pool myself – xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..7 Vegetable Quinoa Soup

13 Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life August 4, 2011 at 10:34 am

I love cereal recently! I’m not sure if its the weather but I have been having serious cravings!!!!

2,200 yards in the pool that is super impressive!
Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life recently posted.."Meat-Less" Ball Subs

14 Ashley August 4, 2011 at 10:54 am

mmm those blueberries look delicious..I just picked some up so I need to add them to my cereal too! I am a big fan of switching up workout orders/days
Ashley recently posted..Dedication

15 Girl in the pink August 4, 2011 at 11:00 am

I really want to try swing yoga, but haven’t found a place that offers it. It looks so fun!
Girl in the pink recently posted..Quick Strength Train

16 Mary August 4, 2011 at 11:07 am

Have you tried your tri suit in the pool yet?
Mary recently posted..On the Right Track

17 Meghann August 4, 2011 at 11:28 am

No, I’m taking it with me this week to Lucky’s Lake to try there.

18 Andrea @ The Skinny Chronicles August 4, 2011 at 11:48 am

You never fail to inspire me to get off my behind and exercise. For that, I thank you! I don’t know how you do it, but I am muy impressed.
Andrea @ The Skinny Chronicles recently posted..Dispatch From the Garden II

19 Hillary August 4, 2011 at 11:49 am

The same people are always at the gym at the same time as me, too. It’s like this unspoken friendship we have going on ; )
Hillary recently posted..Better Than A Barista

20 Aleyta August 4, 2011 at 11:52 am

Oh my word you give me serious work out inspiration. I need to get my butt moving today!
Aleyta recently posted..The song I’m loving:

21 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) August 4, 2011 at 11:53 am

I give you major kudos for making it to so many early spin sessions- for the life of me, I cannot seem to get up in time for the 6:15-ers at my gym, and always juuuuuust miss them.
Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) recently posted..Mickey-shaped pancakes

22 Marissa Elliot August 4, 2011 at 12:53 pm

i’m curious, do you have any gage for how many calories are burned during your typical swim sessions? When I swim (not often) I am always STARVING for some reason, so i’m curious!

23 Meghann August 4, 2011 at 1:20 pm

I have no idea, but that’s a good question.

24 Cat @Breakfast to Bed August 4, 2011 at 1:13 pm

I love the snowflake bowl. Although, I suspect your bowl is as close as you get to snow in sunny fla!

25 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen August 4, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Gotta love the simplicity of cereal!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Scenes from Seattle

26 Ali @ Ali Runs August 5, 2011 at 7:57 am

I always find it interesting to see the people in my gym on their schedules. It’s weird how I grow to expect certain people at the gym at a specific time. Sometimes I wonder if they know me too!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..3rd Half Marathon

27 Melissa August 5, 2011 at 11:34 am

I’m new to doing swim “workouts” as opposed to just getting in the pool and swimming for however long I feel like. When doing a workout like this one, how long do you rest between sets?
Melissa recently posted..Music, swimming, and cat pee, oh my!

28 Meghann August 5, 2011 at 11:38 am

It’s sort of built in because the times have all be tailored for my speed. So, I have 4:30 to do 200 yds, but I usually finish them in 3:55ish so I have 35 seconds to rest. At exactly 4:30 I’ll do the next 200. Mak sense?

29 Melissa August 5, 2011 at 11:50 am

Interesting… I’d never thought of doing it that way. So you get more rest time if you swim harder, less if you take it easy. Thanks!
Melissa recently posted..Music, swimming, and cat pee, oh my!