Tire Changing Part III – Third Time’s a Charm

by Meghann on August 2, 2011

Success!

I have two functional, fully inflated tires on my bike!

It only took two days, three people, and a little trial and error to get it right. πŸ˜‰

Remember that bubble problem Courtney and I were having at the valve stem when we tried pumping the tire?

Well, the bubble was happening because the tire was pinching the tube. When the tube expanded, it was picking the tire up with it – not good.

Luckily, the guy at the bike shop had a quick fix to solve it. He made sure the tire was completely deflated, then pushed the valve up into the tire. This pushed the tube up and alleviated the pinching problem on the rim.

It took him 10 seconds to solve a problem that Courtney and I spent 40 minutes this morning scratching our heads about.

Lesson learned? When in doubt, ask a pro. Got it.

The good thing is I now know if this ever happens again how to solve it on my own. Win.

The bike shop was the highlight of my afternoon. The rest of it was filled with Starbucks.

I sipped on a passion fruit ice tea and snacked on a Kashi granola bar while putting out the small Healthy Living Summit fires that have been popping up.

I had high hopes for dinner this evening, but I’m afraid it fell flat.

The mini-meatloaves tasted off.

It’s been a while since I’ve made a meatloaf of any kind and I was going off of memory with my usual recipe. Unfortunately something was missing and the flavors never fully came together. I’m still not sure where I went wrong, but what-ever I did, it just didn’t work.

I do know where I went wrong with the mashed sweet potatoes. Vanilla soymilk is NOT the same as regular when it comes to potatoes. Not at all.

And the vegetables were another eh.

They were a new microwave steam bag of veggies that were just a touch too sweet for my taste.

No worries, though. I still finished my plate. πŸ˜‰

I enjoyed the LAST slice of Fruit Pizza for dessert. (I told you I would end up eating all the leftovers. πŸ˜› )

There’s a cupcake wars marathon tv and now I want a cupcake. Derek asked if he turned the Rays game on if I would want to go to a baseball game. Nope. Then I would want peanuts. πŸ˜‰

Good Night!

1 Courtney August 2, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Congrats on figuring out the tire situation!!
Courtney recently posted..Wait… August?!

2 Army Amy* August 2, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Yay! You solved the tire trouble!*

3 Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine August 2, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Haha. The best thing about baseball games is the peanuts. πŸ™‚ And the beer of course!

4 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen August 2, 2011 at 9:15 pm

That tire solution still sounds super confusing to me but glad you got it figured out!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Cherry coconut chocolate chip raw dough balls

5 Laura (Cookies vs. Carrots) August 2, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Glad you got the tire fixed!
Laura (Cookies vs. Carrots) recently posted..Yoga Tips and Tricks

6 Hillary August 2, 2011 at 9:21 pm

WOOT! Glad you got it sorted out!

And I’m the same way with food cravings as a result of watching TV shows. The only time I’m turned off of food is usually when I’m watching Adam Richman dominate something on Man V Food. Nothing can turn me off to ice cream (or burgers, or hot dogs, or sushi) quite like that show can ; )
Hillary recently posted..Totally Tropical

7 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me August 2, 2011 at 9:25 pm

Glad it all worked out! I can’t stand those baking shows on Food Network. I enjoy the cooking shows so much more.
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Long Day

8 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 2, 2011 at 9:37 pm

I would think vanilla soymilk would taste gooood in sweet potatoes!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..high protein cherry chocolate almond granola

9 Cheryl August 2, 2011 at 9:46 pm

I make “Muffin Tin Meatloaves” also! Perfect serving sizes and they freeze well!! Make Derek take you to the Rays game Friday, it’s Ladies night and postgame concert is The Go-Go’s! On second thought..maybe you should go with your favorite girlies : ) I’m going with mine!

10 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 2, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Haha wow that fruit pizza lasted a long time..
I guess thats an excuse to go make my own πŸ™‚
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Coffee Talk: Why Weight Train?

11 Courtney August 2, 2011 at 10:57 pm

i love passion tea lemonade! baseball makes me want those frozen strawberry lemonade thingees.
Courtney recently posted..Welcome to Bummersville… Population Me

12 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife August 2, 2011 at 11:00 pm

WOOT. You did it! Nice work πŸ™‚

13 Emily@SavoryandSavage August 2, 2011 at 11:42 pm

Grats on getting the tire fixed! Biking seems a lot more complicated than I remember it being as a kid. But then again I am sure I wasn’t the one fixing the tires.
Emily@SavoryandSavage recently posted..Healthy dinner 7-11 style

14 Sophie August 3, 2011 at 4:17 am

Mmmmmm, I definitely need to try that fruit pizza! πŸ˜€

Well done with the tyres! At least you are a little more confident now πŸ˜€
Sophie recently posted..Getting A Sweat On.

15 Cait's Plate August 3, 2011 at 6:18 am

That’s a bummer they tasted off – they look quite good! Yay for the successful tire change! πŸ™‚
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Can’t Judge a Book by It’s Cover

16 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups August 3, 2011 at 6:45 am

I’m glad you were able to get the tire figured out! The fruit pizza lasted pretty long! I think it would’ve been gone the next day in my house…
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Apple chicken sausage and brown rice

17 Hope August 3, 2011 at 8:16 am

Glad the tire situation is taken care of. πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Engagement Picture Preview!…

18 Jane @ Jane's Addictions August 3, 2011 at 8:30 am

Yay! Your tire is fixed, you can bike again πŸ™‚ The fruit pizza looks amazing! I’ll try using pita for the crust (anything with yeast seems way too complicated for me.)
Jane @ Jane’s Addictions recently posted..Seven Links

19 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers August 3, 2011 at 8:43 am

Whew, tire-gate 2k11 is complete. Now get out there and RIDE!!
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Zum-bad to the Bone!

20 Ali @ Ali Runs August 3, 2011 at 9:27 am

Glad you were finally able to figure out what the problem was and even better, now you know how to fix it next time you happen. You are becoming quite the expert with all things tri related πŸ™‚
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..3rd Half Marathon

21 DefineDiana August 3, 2011 at 9:41 am

Ha! Loved what you said about wanting peanuts if you started watching baseball with Derek. I would so totally do that!

22 Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life August 3, 2011 at 10:02 am

I had that same Kashi cherry dark chocolate bar today as a snack and I wasn’t impressed… there was not enough cherry or chocolate! haha
Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life recently posted..What I Randomly Ate Wednesday…

23 Meghann August 3, 2011 at 10:12 am

I have to agree with you on this one!

24 Rae August 3, 2011 at 10:32 am

Per the veggies, I usually cut any flavor bag with an equal amount of regular steamed broc….light sweetness and more nutrients πŸ˜‰
Rae recently posted..By George!