more ยป" />

Take Out

by Meghann on June 24, 2011

It’s been a LONG day.

First the AC (the AC guy finally came around 2:30 and made some adjustments to our pipes to prevent the system from backing up again *fingers crossed*)…. then problems with the Healthy Living Summit Site (don’t got to it – it’s a mess right now)… the rainy drive to my parents….. and so on and so on.

I need comfort food when I did make it home.

Hello Dixie Crossroads Take Out

Titusville isn’t famous for much, but it’s famous for Dixie Crossroads and rock shrimp

I ordered a dozen Rock Shrimp to go with a side of sweet potato, steamed veggies, and corn fritters.

Beer was needed

IMG_0368.jpg

As was homemade brownies and ice cream for dessert.

It’s 11:00pm on a Friday night and I’m the only one still awake. How is that possible?

1 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) June 24, 2011 at 11:11 pm

11:00 pm is a late night at my house! I like to be in bed by 10. It rarely happens, but it’s so nice when it does ๐Ÿ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..All Runs Come To An End

2 Val @ Balancing Val June 24, 2011 at 11:12 pm

Lol, im right there with you!

haha!
Val @ Balancing Val recently posted..Flourless Chocolate Cake

3 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 24, 2011 at 11:16 pm

It’s only 10 here and I’m the only one awake! ๐Ÿ™‚

I hope your day is better tomorrow!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..favorite kitchen tools

4 carissa June 24, 2011 at 11:18 pm

What’s rock shrimp? How are they cooked?
carissa recently posted..Ohm – yoga time!

5 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out June 24, 2011 at 11:21 pm

Aww, I hope tomorrow is better, doll.
Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out recently posted..Attitude is Everything and a RAW Meal Giveaway!

6 Julie @ There and Back Again June 24, 2011 at 11:24 pm

Too funny – my AC broke four days ago (OBX heat and humidity is probably almost as tough as Florida in the summer!) and discovered your blog the next day. I must have subconsciously needed reassurance that I’m not alone! Ours was all fixed as of this morning, hope yours is up and running soon!! ๐Ÿ™‚
Julie @ There and Back Again recently posted..One Day, Three Lighthouses

7 Sana June 24, 2011 at 11:31 pm

Good luck with the HLS site issues!

8 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food June 24, 2011 at 11:56 pm

So sorry it’s been such a rough day ๐Ÿ™

I’m so glad you get to spend some time with family and have a delicious meal. I’m the only one up as well! ๐Ÿ˜›

9 Mary June 25, 2011 at 12:37 am

Take out always makes a tough day a little better.
Mary recently posted..It’s Like Riding A Bike

10 Amber Faye @ One "Faye" At A Time June 25, 2011 at 1:05 am

Looks awesome! I ALWAYS crave comfort food when I have a crappy day! I hope tomorrow is better and I REALLY hope your AC has no more issues! I can’t imagine not having AC and I live in Utah..

11 Kari June 25, 2011 at 2:04 am

It’s good to know i’m not the only one still awake.

And now I really want some takeout. No shrimp here, but lots of thai food. Hmm.
Kari recently posted..Sitting on a Secret.

12 Ashlyn June 25, 2011 at 8:08 am

I googled rock shrimp and Titusville, Fl was the first to come up! What is it exactly?

13 Laura H. June 25, 2011 at 10:09 am

Aaaaah I love rock shrimp and corn fitters!!! I’ll have to get some when I go home to T-ville next ๐Ÿ™‚

14 Courtney June 25, 2011 at 10:15 am

oh yes, take-out is always great after a long day ๐Ÿ˜€
Courtney recently posted..Everybodyโ€™s Doing It

15 Melissa @ TryingToHeal June 25, 2011 at 11:21 am

11pm? girl, i was asleep at 9.30 friday night!! haha!
Melissa @ TryingToHeal recently posted..Too Hard On Myselfโ€ฆ

16 Stephanie June 25, 2011 at 11:28 am

oh no, sorry for the rough day. you’re take-out looks good though! get some sleep and enjoy the rest of your weekend
Stephanie recently posted..Salad Threepeat

17 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife June 25, 2011 at 2:51 pm

I am always in bed by 11….but I am never the last one to bed!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..What Is Diet?

18 lauri (redheadrecipes.com) June 26, 2011 at 7:31 am