Dogdration

by Meghann on June 24, 2011

I can say this is a health and fitness blog, but we all know the truth…

This is really a blog about an adorable Jack Russell named Maddie.

Maddie. Maddie. Maddie.

Only the cutest Jack Russell in the whole wide world (said in a squinched up baby voice only a mother could get away with πŸ˜‰ ).

So, it would only make sense that a PR company would contact me with a product Maddie might want to try. I mean, she is the star of the show after all. πŸ˜‰

The product was the Trail Bowl & Bottle from InStyleDog.com. (They originally wanted to send the complete ‘Wag & Go Outdoor Pack’, but Maddie is too small for the doggy “back-pack“)

IMG_0322.jpg

The portable water bowl and bottle is pretty nifty. It’s basically a foldable bowl that can easily attach to a back pack for hiking or exploring with a latch and a easy to fill water bottle that tucks safely inside.

The bowl/bottle is something I see coming in handy at the beach, on hikes, and basic traveling with Maddie. It’s was a cool, but what really had my attention when the package arrived was the hydration pack they sent with the bowl and bottle.

ummm….

IMG_0327.jpg

Dogdration? Premium Pet Water? PEANUT BUTTER flavored pet water?

Now, you’ve got mine and Maddie’s attention. I’ve never heard of peanut butter flavored water before. Especially peanut butter flavored water for pups.

IMG_0332.jpg

Now, THIS we had to try.

I thought for sure Maddie would be all over this, but she wasn’t. πŸ™ She took a couple of sips and then walked away. I mean – come on! – it’s peanut butter flavored water Maddie. What’s not to love?

I left the rest of the water by her bowl in case she wants it later, but so far, no go.

The other water that came in the pack?

IMG_0346.jpg

Caffeinated Water for the dog walker (aka me). Haven’t tried this one yet. I’m saving it for my drive to Orlando later this afternoon.

It should be interesting. πŸ™‚

Lunch

I’ve had this package of sardines in the cabinet for what seems like forever now. It got buried in my snack box and was only recently rediscovered.

Sardines are something I would never have tried until I saw them on Kath’s blog a while back. Leave it to her to make sardines look good. I figured if she could eat sardines, then I could too.

I mushed up the sardines in a can and smothered them on some toasted thins with parmesan cheese. Since they came pre-coated in tomato sauce, they really didn’t need much else. πŸ™‚

With my sardine sandwich (which left my fingers really stinky) I made a side salad of spinach, cheese, carrot, olives, and pecans with some balsamic vinegar drizzled on top.

It’s 2:30pm and the AC guy still hasn’t arrived. When he does get here, I might hurt him. Just sayin.

1 Katherine June 24, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Did you try the peanut butter water?? I would find it really difficult not to.

2 Miranda June 24, 2011 at 3:04 pm

agreed! how could you NOT try it?!

3 Kate June 24, 2011 at 3:27 pm

I was going to ask the same question! I would definitely have tried a sip!

4 Meghann June 24, 2011 at 3:27 pm

haha – i don’t know. I have no desire to try it at the moment.

5 Rebecca @ How the Cookies Crumble June 24, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Oh I’d definitely try the peanut butter water! They make safer stuff for pets then they do humans so I’m sure it’s okay to try. It is kinda funny how they sell “vitamin water” which is simply sugar water to humans and people are all over it, but pets that have a more natural instinct have no interest in some flavored water. Maddies says, “Give me the real PB mom!”
Rebecca @ How the Cookies Crumble recently posted..Caprese Salad

6 Courtney Smith June 24, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Caffeinated water?!? My dreams just came true. LOL. That’s cute, I’m sure the pugs could use something like that, especially on these hot summer days.
Courtney Smith recently posted..Foodgasm

7 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen June 24, 2011 at 3:00 pm

I could totally get on board with caffeinated water. That’s genius!

8 Sarah June 24, 2011 at 3:00 pm

PB water for dogs?? Interesting..

I hope your ac get fixed for good this time!
Sarah recently posted..Stuck in a Rut..

9 Kelly June 24, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Peanut butter-flavored water sounds hilarious, I’m surprised Maddie didn’t chug that right down. My little dog would probably love that! Then again, my yorkie will eat anything.
Kelly recently posted..Cooking with Kelly: Pretty Rose Engagement Cake

10 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday June 24, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Flavoured water for dogs? I think that’s a little bit ridiculous.

Oddly enough though my dog has a penchant for wine. She’s so refined.

11 Angela@pinching and packing June 24, 2011 at 3:08 pm

I just went outside in this Florida heat and it took me about 2 seconds to start sweating. I don’t know how you are doing it without AC!
Angela@pinching and packing recently posted..Fit Travel Friday

12 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles June 24, 2011 at 3:08 pm

I cannot believe they have flavored water for dogs – pure craziness! I’ve those fold-up bowls before, and they seem to be convenient.
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Cold Morning

13 lauri (redheadrecipes.com) June 24, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Forget the dog, I would totally drink pnut butter water!! Maybe you and maddie should trade! Tee hee, maddie on caffeine would make for a fun roadtrip! J/k!

I have no desire to try sardines, eventhough kath does make them look good!

Hope that ac man shows up… for his sake!

PS, maddie is too cute!
lauri (redheadrecipes.com) recently posted..Rethink The Food Label

14 Meghann June 24, 2011 at 3:27 pm

haha – i have no desire at the moment to try the water. I will say it smelled like dirt though πŸ™‚

15 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups June 24, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Sounds like an awesome product! I’m glad Maddie gave her honest opinion. So many dogs are selling out these days. πŸ™‚
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Takeyama Sushi

16 Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio June 24, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Maddie is so cute!!! She deserves that PB Water!
Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio recently posted..Everybody’s Working For The Weekend!

17 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife June 24, 2011 at 3:20 pm

WHOA. PB flavored wateR? That sounds nuts. But kinda cool!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Zumba Dances

18 Arie June 24, 2011 at 3:20 pm

I want to know how the PB water tasted? My dog has a bowl like that and its wonderful after trips to the beach.

19 Taysa June 24, 2011 at 3:24 pm

I hope I’m not the only person disgusted that there is a company making bottled water for dogs. I mean, how useless/wasteful is that?
Taysa recently posted..Thursday Thin/Fitspiration: Zuzana

20 molly June 25, 2011 at 4:27 am

You’re not the only one, Taysa!

21 Sana June 24, 2011 at 3:41 pm

The AC guy better have baller service!
Sana recently posted..Smoothie In A Bowl: SIAB

22 Hillary June 24, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Can I just admit right now that I totally would have tried that PB flavored water?
Hillary recently posted..Not Brownie Cookies

23 erica June 24, 2011 at 3:52 pm

i was just reading about dog-water! (trying to eliminate my dog’s tearing and staining i’ve been reading to try bottled water…then i stumbled upon dog-water!)

24 Laura (Cookies vs. Carrots) June 24, 2011 at 4:00 pm

I love this dog bowl! I may have to get one for my little guy πŸ™‚
Laura (Cookies vs. Carrots) recently posted..Snack Pack Attack

25 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) June 24, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Cute! Not going to lie… I would totally drink that peanut butter water πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Personal Training- The Second Workout

26 Lisa June 24, 2011 at 4:18 pm

You should pretend you are about to leave your condo to do something important. Because that is when repair people always come. Always.
Lisa recently posted..Sunny Seed Story #11: Sunny Seed Ice Cream Sandwich

27 Krystina (Organically Me) June 24, 2011 at 4:29 pm

I guess I’m the only one who thinks peanut butter water sounds repulsive? :\
Krystina (Organically Me) recently posted..My First Day of Summer + Orlando Page

28 Amanda @ There Are 2 Sides June 24, 2011 at 4:32 pm

Do they make other dog water flavors??
Amanda @ There Are 2 Sides recently posted..t shirts for all

29 Meghann June 27, 2011 at 10:52 am

Nope. Looks like Peanut Butter was the only one listed on the website.

30 Julia @ The Bosky Blog June 24, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Oh man! I’m loving the peanut butter water! My dog is a serious PB addict. How big does the dog have to be for the backpack? I’m gonna check it out!

31 Meghann June 27, 2011 at 10:50 am

I believe it was 30 lbs.

32 Kristin @ eat healthy. be happy. live well. June 24, 2011 at 8:17 pm

That little travel water bowl looks great! My honey and I love to hike and our pup is getting big enough to go with us, so that would definitely come in handy!
Kristin @ eat healthy. be happy. live well. recently posted..Staying healthy

33 Kari June 24, 2011 at 8:22 pm

I’m not so sure about the flavored water, but I love the foldable bowl. I’ve been wanting to get a dog for ages and I’m just waiting until I can move into a place that will let me, but this will be a good idea when the time comes. Keep us posted on whether she ever ends up drinking the water.

Also…did you taste the PB flavored one? I mean, I know it’s for the dog, but I would be so curious.
Kari recently posted..Tachy Med Student: What’s In a Third Year’s Pockets

34 Meghann June 27, 2011 at 10:52 am

I didn’t. I’m scared, but I’ll probably work the courage up to it eventually.

35 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 24, 2011 at 8:37 pm

If I were you, I would have tried the peanut butter water. Just saying..
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..favorite kitchen tools

36 BroccoliHut June 24, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Haha, my blog has turned into a forum for JRT-lovers too! (see tonight’s post for proof!) I bet Miss Margot would love the Wag & Go for our trips to the park πŸ™‚

37 Meghann June 27, 2011 at 10:54 am

I <3 Margot. She's an angel. πŸ™‚

38 Gina June 24, 2011 at 9:25 pm

Oh my gosh – peanut butter flavored water? Where is this for humans – because I need it asap. I always see these portable bowls around, and they seem like a really great idea, and your dog is adorable!

39 Catherine@happinessafterheartache June 24, 2011 at 10:47 pm

I don’t think my Goldens would have tried the flavored water either. I don’t know how I know that. They like peanut butter though. Still wondering how I know they wouldn’t like it.

40 Gina @ Will Run for Cupcakes June 24, 2011 at 11:01 pm

I heart Maddie and I’m sure Molly would love PB flavored water. I think I would too…yikes!
Happy Friday πŸ™‚
Gina @ Will Run for Cupcakes recently posted..Time Out

41 Jessica @ The Process of Healing June 24, 2011 at 11:05 pm

Caffeinted water? Um yes!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Posts I love… Last Week

42 Kath June 24, 2011 at 11:13 pm

Stinky, but nutritious!!!

43 Marissa June 25, 2011 at 10:55 am

You need to try the peanut butter water and tell us all how it tastes!

… And, hey now… I think its only fair to say that ALL Jack Russells are cute–especially MINE! lol
Marissa recently posted..Go Big or Go Home…

44 Mac June 25, 2011 at 2:57 pm

What a great idea that doggy back-pack is! I may have to mention it to my mom, for the dog, and of course I’ll keep it in mind for when I get one of my own πŸ™‚
Mac recently posted..Big Step in the Life of a Foodie

45 Jess @InStyleDog June 27, 2011 at 10:34 am

We thought the PB water was pretty sweet, too! Glad you … er, Maddie! got to try it out! If she doesn’t like it straight out of the bottle, try freezing them into ice cubes and putting them in her regular water. Some dogs just don’t like it warm!

Hope that caffeinated water works out for you on the way to Orlando πŸ™‚

Thanks for the review! Glad it looks like the bowl/bottle will be handy on your travels. That was our hope! Enjoy!