Another week has come and gone in Half Ironman Training. (see full plan here)
Two weeks down – 14 more to go!
Previous Wrap Ups:
Here’s what week 2 looked like going into it
And here’s what actually went down.
Not many changes, but definitely some noticeable ones (like adding a rest day and taking out a run)
- Swim Test Set (2000 yds)
- NROLFW Stage 1B
- 60 min Spin
- 30 Min Run (3.5 miles)
- An illegal track run with Courtney (3.5 miles)
- Champions Mud Bash (3 miles)
- Swim: 2000 yds (approximate)
- Bike: 15 miles + Spin
- Run: 14.5 miles
- Strength: 2 Days
- Misc: 20 mins
- I feel like I’m doing a lot, but all my numbers are low (for me) – I guess that’s what you get when you try to train for three sports at once? I also have to keep reminding myself that it’s only the second week of training and the workouts will get longer and harder. It just takes time to build up to that – time I will be thankful I had in the future.
- I cut my run on Sunday because I felt like I needed to add a day of rest into my work out. Sometimes rest is more important than sticking to a schedule and it felt good to just have a day of nothing after a hard week of work. 🙂
- Having a training buddy has been a TREMENDOUS help! MAJOR THANKS to Courtney for hitting the workouts with me. I’m not sure I could do this without her! 🙂
Lunch today reminded me of something you would find in a little kid’s lunchbox…. Or maybe it would have just been my lunch box?
You have the classic grilled sandwich.
Little kids like grilled cheese, almond butter, spinach and carrot sandwiches right?
And pretzels with mustard.
A meal any kid (or adult) would be proud to eat!
Running and Listening to Your Body
Running isn’t always about miles, pace, and time – sometimes it’s about listening to your body. Check out my post at Attune Foods this month as I talk about my own journey of listening to what my body has to say.