Feels Good to be Home

by Meghann on May 2, 2011

Maddie is great at making me feel good, but Derek is even better.

I missed him. My family is now complete again. πŸ™‚

My afternoon dream… Passing out on the couch while playing catch up with the DVR

My afternoon reality.. Fighting with the internet connection and catching up on 5 days worth of vacation e-mails.

Still, feels good to be home. : )

I had a Cornbread VitaTop with some Peanut Butter at one point

And did squeeze in a trip to the grocery store.

Derek somehow managed to go the full week I was gone without making a trip to the grocery store (minus the mysterious beer in the beverage center, of course). We were due for a major haul. Some damage to the joint account later… it feels so good to have a restocked fridge. πŸ™‚

Dinner was one of Derek’s favorites – Homemade Nachos.

We covered a baking sheet with blue corn tortillas.

Topped the chips with black beans, olives, tomatoes, onions, and cheese.

Baked everything for 10 minutes at 350.

I had my serving with spinach, salsa, and yogurt.

Oh, and 1/2 of one of those mysterious beers. Don’t want them to go to waste. πŸ˜‰

For dessert I had a serving of mint ice cream with a bit of granola.

Derek and I are having serious internet issues. When I have it set up so the internet works with my computer, his doesn’t and vice versa. This isn’t good. :/

1 Cristina May 2, 2011 at 9:55 pm

We have problems at my house too with the internet (also 1 Mac and 1 PC) so I’m interested to hear how you get it straightened out!

2 Kristy @ KristyRuns May 2, 2011 at 9:55 pm

I love how you always have a cute little dessert every night. πŸ™‚ You seem to have the best ice cream!
Kristy @ KristyRuns recently posted..Big Peach 5k

3 Katy (The Singing Runner) May 2, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Ick! I hate internet issues! My apartment complex has awful internet!!!
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Here- There and Everywhere

4 Hilary May 2, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Gah…HATE internet issues….was having some on the weekend! I like how the spinach and yogurt bump up the nutrition in the nachos. πŸ™‚
Hilary recently posted..I ate all weekend

5 Holly @ The Runny Egg May 2, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Those nachos look so good!

Boo to internet issues — they are so frustrating.
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Pizza Bread

6 michelle May 2, 2011 at 10:00 pm

We just did a major grocery shop tonight. Our fridge was looking so bare and sad.
michelle recently posted..Eugene Marathon 2011

7 Kacy May 2, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Have you checked your Internet plan? I know I’m signed up to where only one computer can access the wifi at a time. I think it costs more money to have more than one connection.
Kacy recently posted..Parents Weekend

8 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles May 2, 2011 at 10:09 pm

I feel like a lot of bloggers are posting Mexican food for the upcoming Cinco de Mayo celebration! I posted enchiladas today though it wasn’t intentional!
Those nachos look great. I need to remember to make them for dinner – they’re so easy to throw together!
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Current Events Enchiladas

9 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food May 2, 2011 at 10:20 pm

so glad you’re home safe and sound sorry to hear about the internet issues, that is not fun.

Love the homemade nachos Idea – so delish! πŸ™‚

10 rebecca lustig May 2, 2011 at 10:23 pm

homemade nachos is one of the simplest yet most delicious meals! love it

11 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday May 2, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Yoghurt, eh? That’s interesting. I guess it’s kinda like sour cream.

12 Meghann May 3, 2011 at 7:06 am

It is! Derek can’t even taste the difference.

13 Baker Princess May 2, 2011 at 11:09 pm

I’m so intrigued by your choice of yogurt! I can imagine it being good, and it always looks good when I see it on savory foods, but I still haven’t brought myself to try it. So tell me… how good is it?!?!

14 Meghann May 3, 2011 at 7:05 am

It tastes exactly the same as sour cream!

15 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife May 2, 2011 at 11:50 pm

I love homemade tacos/chips!!! It does feel good to be home, eh?? πŸ™‚

16 Jessica @ The Process of Healing May 2, 2011 at 11:58 pm

Yay for tiny families! And those nachos look aaaamazing!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Breakfast of the Year

17 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) May 3, 2011 at 12:10 am

I’m having issues with my internet, too. We figured out that my dad’s car alarm screws it up!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..OC Half Marathon

18 Angela May 3, 2011 at 12:28 am

Do you use yogurt as a sour cream substitute?
Angela recently posted..Philadelphia Cooking Creme

19 Meghann May 3, 2011 at 7:03 am

Yes! It tastes exactly the same and since we always have yogurt in the house it’s just easier to have that then buy sour cream

20 Emma (Namaste Everyday) May 3, 2011 at 3:34 am

that is so sweet! Also, I look forward to your dessert posts every day. They are also so creative!
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..Glacier Country

21 Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] May 3, 2011 at 3:42 am

Does he have a Mac? We had the same problem where I live – I had to set the proxy specifically to my computer!
Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] recently posted..Meuse Living- part i

22 Meghann May 3, 2011 at 7:05 am

I do! And it was giving me a DNS or proxy error and I was trying to figure out what the heck a proxy was. We’ve never had this problem in the past, it’s so strange! The only thing working right now is my computer – we can’t even get our phones to connect to the wifi! – but before my computer was the only thing not working. So strange!

23 Christine @ Burning It Off May 3, 2011 at 6:30 am

Cornbread vita tops? OMG! I’ve never seen those before but it is now my mission to find them!!
Christine @ Burning It Off recently posted..Step and Flow

24 VeggieGirl May 3, 2011 at 6:54 am

Hope your internet connection gets better! Mine’s been REALLY slow lately.

Also, I hope you didn’t change your phone number – I texted you last night, haha.

25 Meghann May 3, 2011 at 7:03 am

I got it! Sorry, I was sleepy it didn’t respond. Thanks for the kind words πŸ™‚

26 VeggieGirl May 3, 2011 at 7:14 am

NO worries! πŸ™‚ Hope you were able to get a good night’s sleep.
VeggieGirl recently posted..Back To The Big Apple We Go!- Part 3

27 Lauren May 3, 2011 at 6:57 am

Meghann! I am so glad you are okay. I was reading your posts and tweets but couldn’t comment until now. I definitely know how scary that can be and just thank God that nothing happened to you!! Hope you were able to relax and unwind last night. Take care sweetie!
Lauren recently posted..WINNER of the Glass Dharma Giveaway

28 McKayla (green groats) May 3, 2011 at 7:38 am

What a great way to have nachos! I love the yogurt on salad mix.

And, mint and granola ice cream….yumm.
McKayla (green groats) recently posted..Fruit and Salmon Salad

29 Hope May 3, 2011 at 8:12 am

I’m glad that you are okay and were able to relax tonight with Derek and Maddie! πŸ™‚ Those nachos look really good! I love using yogurt as a substitute for sour cream! πŸ™‚

I hope your internet issues got resolved! I hate when the internet doesn’t work like it’s supposed to! So frustrating!
Hope recently posted..Winery Early Birthday Celebration &amp Weekend Catchup…

30 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life May 3, 2011 at 9:52 am

I’m so glad you are home and safe after your crazy indicent on the highway!!!
Elizabeth@The Sweet Life recently posted..Fear of Hunger- Part 2