Cycle Morning

by Meghann on April 15, 2011

Happy Friday!

‘Twas a beautiful morning for a little bike ride. πŸ™‚

IMAG0610.jpg

Ahh… totally forgot my sunglasses in the car and didn’t realize it until I was a mile into the ride. #Fail πŸ™

I survived though πŸ˜‰ and it really was a beautiful morning for a ride.

I hit traffic on the way to my trail (random Golf tournament traffic in the middle of nowhere?) and got a much later start than what I wanted. By the time I got to the trail head, the bike out of the car, the tires pumped, and everything squared away an hour had passed since I left the house. Yikes!

That’s why I prefer running over cycling – very little prep work and driving to trails isn’t a necessary. πŸ™‚

IMAG0609.jpg

The ride was great. I’m slowly building my mileage up and was happy with the 15 miles I accomplished today. Yay training!

I had a late breakfast when I returned home of Red Velvet Pancakes with Ricotta, Honey, Strawberries, Chocolate Chips, and Granola.

My last two pancakes. πŸ™ Next time I want to try it with chocolate cake mix, just to mix it up a little bit.

It’s Friday, Friday, Friday….

Did you hear the rumor that Glee will be covering Rebecca Black’s Friday? Now THAT I have to see.

1 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 15, 2011 at 11:06 am

Can you nod just ride your bike to a trail?

2 Meghann April 15, 2011 at 11:20 am

I don’t live in a very cycle friendly area. The nearest trail is 6 miles away and requires really busy roads to get there.

3 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food April 15, 2011 at 11:10 am

looks like a great morning ride! I can’t wait for it to warm up here so I can get out to do the same! πŸ™‚

I am still lovin those pancakes! πŸ™‚

4 kristy @ kristyruns.com April 15, 2011 at 11:10 am

I’ve been running on that trail before! πŸ™‚ looks like a stellar post-ride breakfast! Mmmmm!
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..Quality Time

5 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles April 15, 2011 at 11:11 am

What a great morning for a bike ride! And yes, I’m excited it’s Friday! Enjoy your day, Meghann! πŸ™‚

6 Fit Chick Britt April 15, 2011 at 11:12 am

Awesome ride! I wish I had a trail like that to train on. The only place to train on my bike is the open road with all the cars and that can be pretty scary.

7 Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing April 15, 2011 at 11:21 am

Dear Lord, please no more Rebecca Black…!!! On Glee? Ahhh it’s everywhere!!! πŸ˜‰
Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing recently posted..Vegan Gluten-Free Dough Balls- Cinnamon Raisin Coconut Chocolate Chip

8 Amy April 15, 2011 at 11:23 am

I heard that Glee might do a cover of that Friday song…which would make me respect the Glee producers just a LITTLE bit less! That song is redonk.

Those red velvet pancakes make me swoon. I’ll have to try ricotta cheese and fruit/honey as a topper!
Amy recently posted..hmph

9 Ashley April 15, 2011 at 11:24 am

I bet chocolate would make those pancakes epic.

10 Lauren (Neeps and Taters) April 15, 2011 at 11:31 am

Mmm I still have to try those pancakes!!

Yes Glee is covering Friday, I think Puck is singing it..
Lauren (Neeps and Taters) recently posted..Top 10 Foods!

11 Holly @ The Runny Egg April 15, 2011 at 11:32 am

I’d be ok with never hearing the song “Friday” ever again.
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Pizza Bread

12 Runeatrepeat April 15, 2011 at 11:59 am

I would have driven off the path if I forgot my sunglasses – I think my eyes are super sensitive and totally water without shade!
Runeatrepeat recently posted..Pre-Run Salad and Drinks

13 Biz April 15, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Wow – way to get some mileage in today! I have air in my bike tires, but it was 39 degrees this morning – still too chilly for me! πŸ˜€

Happy Friday Meghann! πŸ˜€
Biz recently posted..1 FAQ and Flashback Friday

14 chloe@ 321delish April 15, 2011 at 12:09 pm

when is your 1/2 IM? Are you following a specific plan? So awesome that you can get out on a Friday morning and ride! im jealous! I have to save my rides for the weekend.
chloe@ 321delish recently posted..Woman Night

15 Julia April 15, 2011 at 12:15 pm

I will admit to rocking out to the Friday song a few times…..its not a good song but its catchy darn it!
The hubs and I are planning to get our bikes out pretty soon, we have trails that are adjacent to our house that connect into one of the county parks and we can access their trails, its pretty convenient!
Julia recently posted..The BeforesPart 2

16 Amy April 15, 2011 at 12:29 pm

I didn’t know you could freeze waffles and just toast em up! What a great idea!
Amy recently posted..Falling &amp Failing

17 Shannon April 15, 2011 at 12:34 pm

I wish there were more trails where I live. I love biking but it is way too hilly where I live to go not on a trail
Shannon recently posted..Stomach Ache

18 Brittney April 15, 2011 at 12:36 pm

As bad as Rebecca Black’s song is, I have to say it’s been stuck in my head more than a few times. And awesome job on the 15 miles! I’m like you and live in an area that isn’t bike friendly. Mine sits outside and collects dust lol.
Brittney recently posted..Operation Miami- Week 9

19 Hope April 15, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Those pancakes look so good! I can only imagine how they would taste if they were chocolate! Yummy! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..A Summer Preview…

20 katie April 15, 2011 at 1:02 pm

I can’t wait to ride a bike in the summer! They just put a new bike trail in near me!

Loving the breakfast!!
katie recently posted..Happy Birthday Waffle Bliss

21 Sarah April 15, 2011 at 1:11 pm

I dont live in a very bike friendly area either and i have been having a hard time finding good trails nearby! Hopefully I can find a few good ones this spring!
Sarah recently posted..Self Serve Froyo and Playlists

22 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat April 15, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Great job on the training Meghann!! That’s fantastic! I agree though – cycling does take a bit more prep. I hadn’t heard about Friday on Glee but, like you said, I MUST see it. I wonder if they’ll make it sound good!? πŸ˜‰
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Top Eats and Week 1 Gum-Free!

23 Christine April 15, 2011 at 2:26 pm

That’s exactly why I don’t have a bike- the idea of loading up and driving every time I want to ride is too much. Someday, though!
Christine recently posted..Holy Hypocritical- Batman!

24 Emily @ Savory and Savage April 15, 2011 at 2:30 pm

I had the urge to pull my bike out of storage today – and then I got back from my walk/run and read your post about your bike ride, lol,

Looks like a beautiful place for a ride!
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Its all about the portions

25 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 15, 2011 at 3:40 pm

It is true, cycling can be a pain in the butt….but the weather looks pretty there!!

26 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me April 15, 2011 at 4:51 pm

what a fun morning. The weather looks beautiful!
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..A Walk and a Hike

27 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out April 15, 2011 at 6:24 pm

I haven’t gotten into biking yet, probably for the same reasons. I’ve got too much stuff to keep track of already. If I gain a bike, I’ll lose a dog or something.
Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out recently posted..Connect the Dots