The Second Bedroom

by Meghann on March 30, 2011

The dreaded second bedroom…

I’ve been ignoring it since the day we moved in. It’s my future office/ guest room and I don’t even know where to start with it. Do you?

As I’ve been ignoring it, the room has also become the breeding ground for all the stuff I’m not quite sure where to place yet. All my keepsakes, frames, scrapbooks, books, etc. Where does it all go?

This is the part where moving in with someone is tough. The other day I put some frames up and asked Derek his opinion on them. I told him to just look at the frames and ignore the photos because I planned to change them. He glanced up and said ‘they’re very you.’

The frames were very me – blue and spirally- and that’s what I thought he meant. Then he said the photos were all of me, my family, and my friends, aka ‘very me.’ Once again I told him to ignore the photos and just look at the frames, but the conversation made me second guess everything else that was still packed in the second room. All of which is ‘very me.’

That’s why it’s easier to just keep everything closed up in the second room for now. I’m not quite ready to tackle all of that yet.

Besides, the current plan is to tackle one room at a time – and the second bedroom is on the bottom of that list. Unfortunately the impending visit of my parents this weekend (yay!) and my siblings the weekend after (more yay!) forced me to at least make enough space in the room for a blow up mattress. A big hole in the middle will do, right?

One day there will be a futon (a totally hip, functional futon) and a real desk (a girl can dream!), but for now the cluttered mess with space for a blow up will have to do. πŸ™‚

Anyone have any ideas on how to make this space functional instead of just a room for boxes? πŸ™‚

My morning was spent tackling the room and my lunch hour was spent getting crazy in the kitchen.

After the success of my Grilled Cheese, Carrot, and Almond Butter Sandwich last week, I’ve been waiting to take it a step forward. Today I tired a Grilled Apple, Almond Butter, Raisin, and Blue Cheese Quesadilla

It was messy and more savory than sweet (blue cheese can be a little overpowering), but really good. The cheese and almond butter blend together nicely and the apple gives if a nice crunch.

The remaining apple was enjoyed on the side.

As well as a handful of green beans.

The room still needs a bit more work and I have plans of meeting a friend at a nearby coffee shop to get some work done.

Have a great day everyone!

1 Dori March 30, 2011 at 2:03 pm

Yummy quesadilla!
Dori recently posted..At Which Everyone Pays Attention to Dori

2 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles March 30, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Look at that green meal – even the place mat! πŸ™‚

3 Emily Malone March 30, 2011 at 2:07 pm

After I moved in with Casey, I realized that I didn’t actually want a lot of that stuff anymore. I got rid of most of my girlier frames and cutesy stuff, and actually felt so relieved once it was all gone – clutter can really weigh you down! Plus we had fun picking out NEW stuff that we both liked together!

Start with furniture, then worry about the boxes.
Emily Malone recently posted..Week 11- My Pregnancy Journey

4 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday March 30, 2011 at 3:10 pm

I agree, you’ll first need to pick out some furniture and bookshelves that have lots of room for storage

5 Carolyn March 30, 2011 at 3:15 pm

I agree (and was in a similar situation recently). Maybe see how many of your scrapbooks/girly things will fit into that bookcase and then toss the rest. (not the pictures!) but the inexpensive things that you’ve just collected through the years. We recently turned a generic 2nd bedroom into a yoga/reading room. I still kept some of my girly photo frames and race bib etc on the wall but my BF also has plenty of his stuff up too. Plus we use the room much more as a yoga/work-out room & reading area much more often then we had guests stay the night.

6 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) March 30, 2011 at 2:08 pm

That quesadilla looks INSANELY delicious. We have really similar taste in food!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Modesto Half Marathon Recap

7 Freya March 30, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Our dining room is like your second bedroom – we have plans for it…but ohmygosh, there is so much to do in the house in general before we can get to it! I never walk in there, it’s too sad πŸ™
Freya recently posted..Don’t Come Here

8 Fit Chick Britt March 30, 2011 at 2:08 pm

The combination of the apple, almond butter, blue cheese, and rasins sounds strangely good. I love ALL those things! As for the bedroom, I probably don’t offer the best advice. I turend our 2nd bedroom into a work out space, it has all my old photo frames and pictures in it like you’re talking about, and a lot of junk (thankfully most of that is in the closet).

9 Katherine: Unemployed March 30, 2011 at 2:09 pm

I would never think to mix cheese and nut butter!
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Dilbert

10 Hannah @ Healthy Whip March 30, 2011 at 2:09 pm

I’m jealous at how big the room is! Our second bedroom is really small, and most of it is taken up with a Swiss ball! It’s full of junk though, we’re tackling it each weekend bit by bit.
Hannah @ Healthy Whip recently posted..Fast and Tasty Tomato

11 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 30, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Oooh I’ve had a similar situation! I used to live in the Middle East but only packed what I knew I’d need in university when I moved back here to Canada. Every time my mum came to visit, she’d bring me more and more stuff from my old room. It just sat there for AGES in a pile because I had no use for it, but also didn’t have the heart to throw it out! Good luck with the sort! πŸ™‚
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Spotlight on Spring Produce- Fennel

12 Callie March 30, 2011 at 2:15 pm

I seriously need to have my mom come up and help you out. That’s what I always do when I can’t figure out how to arrange a space – she and my sister are brilliant at it!
Callie recently posted..Prince and Princess Party

13 Meghann March 30, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Yes! Send help!

14 Holly @ The Runny Egg March 30, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Your quesadilla looks delicious!

Could you put a larger bookcase in that bedroom to hold your stuff? Picture frames, albums, etc — and maybe have a trunk to act as a coffee table in front of the futon (you could store more stuff in there).

Sorry if this is so silly, but is it common to have tile floors in bedrooms in FL? I think in MN most homes have carpeting. Just wondering!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Welcome to The Runny Egg!

15 Meghann March 30, 2011 at 2:26 pm

I like that idea! And yes, tile floors are VERY common Florida. It helps keep the rooms cool.

16 Beth @ Will Run for Books March 30, 2011 at 2:38 pm

I was wondering about the tile floors too! I’m from Illinois, so I think I would feel like my whole house was a kitchen or a bathroom, haha. Our home is mostly hardwood with a small amount of carpet, the only tiled rooms are, you guessed it, the kitchen and the bathrooms.
Beth @ Will Run for Books recently posted..Time is getting away from me…

17 Gavi @ Gavi Gets Going! March 30, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Wow…that is QUITE quesadilla! πŸ™‚ It looks delicious and just made my stomach grumble! When my boyfriend and I moved across the country together, we had to pack all of our belongings in my Subaru, so we didn’t have space for the extra clutter. We’ve still managed to collect things over the past two years, but we try to be very firm with ourselves and with each other about what we do and don’t keep. In getting rid of things, I tend to use the three-month rule: if you haven’t worn/used/looked at it in three months, you probably don’t need it! This obviously doesn’t apply to everything, but it helps eliminate the clutter and excess things. Good luck making the room work!
Gavi @ Gavi Gets Going! recently posted..Back in the swing

18 Lauren @chigallauren March 30, 2011 at 2:24 pm

I moved into my boyfriend’s condo almost 2 years ago and it was super tough at first. His sense of decorating is not quite the same as mine. I made small changes over several months, we still have a giant guiness mirror hanging in our dining room, but I had to pick my battles! It’s hard to go from your own place where you can put stuff wherever you want to “our” place, but it gets easier to compromise over time!
Lauren @chigallauren recently posted..Overnight Oats &amp Weekly Staples

19 Sana March 30, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Yeah, whose family pics do you put up? His? yours? Living with a boy must be so different!
Sana recently posted..The Glam Life

20 Anne Weber-Falk March 30, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Wow, cluttered rooms can be overwhelming. I would start out with a few larger moving boxes that are empty. You can put some of the smaller things that are laying around in them. Contained is better than all spread out in the room.
If you can get a nice sized bookcase you could then put many of the scrap books and frames on the shelves. These could stay in their current boxes for now or take them out, to put on the shelves.
More things will be contained and easier to get to when you are ready and will also be easier to look at and live with. Neater is always nicer, for you and your guests.

21 Kath March 30, 2011 at 2:32 pm

You know what I would say….scan the photos, donate the animals… πŸ™‚
Kath recently posted..Oats Of Steel

22 anne March 30, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Agreed! The first step would be to purge! Then make a plan for what’s left.
anne recently posted..1000

23 Christina March 30, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Meghann,

Have you discovered the Upper Tampa Bay Trail yet? I’m guessing by your previous posts that I have a pretty good idea of the general area in Tampa where you live – and the trail is pretty close. When I lived over there, I used to get on at Wilsky & Linebaugh and take it pretty far north. It is a great little trail. It is too far for me now to do a morning run on it before work, but maybe we could meet up for a weekend run soon!

24 Christina March 30, 2011 at 2:35 pm

1) I definitely meant to leave this comment for the previous post. silly.
2) I meant to leave you the link!

25 Lily March 30, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Those food you eat makes me gag just looking at it. I’m open to food combos but blue cheese, almond butter and apple? I mean come on!

26 kate March 30, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Your wrap looks great! What kind of wraps are you using? (I tried so hard to make out the package, but couldn’t quite do it, lol πŸ™‚

27 Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run March 30, 2011 at 2:40 pm

The cheese on that quesadilla is weird. But I’ll accept it because at least you’re not putting an egg on a pizza today. πŸ˜›

28 Hope March 30, 2011 at 2:55 pm

I totally know what you mean about second bedrooms. We have a second bedroom and it’s been taken over by all of my stuff. My fiancee still has a room at his parents house so all of his childhood belongings are there. I however, had to bring every single thing with me. So our second bedroom has my old furniture set as well as a ton of boxes. It’s functional but I feel bad because everything is pink and white. Haha. He doesn’t seem to mind much πŸ™‚

29 Keri March 30, 2011 at 2:56 pm

That is SO going to be exactly what my boyfriend’s second bedroom looks like when I move into his house. He has the third bedroom as his office, and the cellar basically looks like a giant version of the clutter in your second room – the cellar is his “second bedroom,” it’s so bad!

I have the same issue as you with putting up personal things – yes, you can get rid of some of the stuff, but you’re already moving everything into his space, in his town, so keep some of it for now. When you actually set up a desk to work, you can put up a few shelves that can hold your pictures and animals for now, and something more decorative down the road.
Keri recently posted..Summer recipes I cant wait to tryif it was summer!

30 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 30, 2011 at 3:08 pm

I had to clean out our 2nd room when we had family come last week too! I’d say just going through everything–a total pain but worth it–can really open up the room. Awesome lunch idea–thanks πŸ™‚

31 Erin March 30, 2011 at 3:17 pm

When my husband and I moved in together a lot of my things (photos, stuffed animals, etc) stayed boxed up until I had a space of my own. Luckily I had a desk and bookshelves already from college (I still use that desk, actually, almost 10 years later). My suggestion is honestly to box everything back up until you’re ready to tackle that room. Put it in boxes (or clear tubs) and stack in the corner or closet so that your guests don’t feel too much like they’re surrounded by clutter.
Erin recently posted..With Purpose

32 Heather March 30, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Derek makes a good point. In any situation, living alone or with someone else, I think there comes a time logical time to reconsider the scads of friends/family photos scattered about. I think a few thoughtfully placed photos that depict your sweetest memories are appropriate. Beyond that, you start teetering on college dorm/1st post-college apartment territory. Good luck as the blending continues! You’re doing a great job so far. πŸ™‚

33 Jess@atasteofconfidence March 30, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Good luck with the second bedroom! I can understand- it is hard to deal with stuff that is “you” when you are trying to make a home that is more “us” feely.
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..media schmedia

34 Heather March 30, 2011 at 3:38 pm

I would look at target or somewhere for some kind of shelving unit with bins to put things in so you can get organized. i got rid of some of my girly things when I got married, but a lot I keot, but they went up in the guest room/office instead of our bedroom and living room, so i got to hold on to some of the fun but not in main areas of the house. good luck!
Heather recently posted..Bored

35 Mary March 30, 2011 at 3:47 pm

My best advice for that room is to be BRUTAL! Donate, donate, donate. I refuse to myself or my husband have too many boxes of “things.” It is a rule in our house that if we love it, it is to be out and on display. The exceptions: seasonal decorations (which we take stock of each year and anything that didn’t get put out goes), and childhood decorations that we plan to incorporate into future kids’ rooms (only about 2 boxes worth, mostly pictures and books). Beyond that, we each have a box of sentimental items that we keep just because, but everything else was out.

36 pinkflipflops March 30, 2011 at 3:49 pm

I think moving in to a spot with a signficant other is a great itme to get rid of things that aren’t really that important but we hold on to because they remind us of our childhood. When we moved into our house, I ditched all stuffed animals except the very first one my grandma gave me in the hospital and the raggedy ann/andy set that was my mom’s growing up. We merged our memorabilia in the shelving units downstairs and if it didn’t fit or didn’t look right, we tossed it. Note/papers from high school/childhood? Ditch. We spent an afternoon going through them all and laughing and threw it all away. It eliminates a ton of crap. Not to say we don’t have rooms of crap. We totally do, but I find going through it every couple of months helps eliminate more crap that we don’t need.
pinkflipflops recently posted..The Mephisto Club

37 Alaina March 30, 2011 at 3:54 pm

I am loving apples in a sandwich or on a pizza/flatbread. The sweet crunchiness with some cheese. Hmmm…I just had an apple, chicken, blue cheese, walnut flatbread for lunch and I’m still thinking about it. πŸ˜‰
Alaina recently posted..Knee Slapper

38 Amber from Girl with the Red Hair March 30, 2011 at 4:02 pm

I am in the process of moving right now too. Such a headache. So far we have 2 out of 3 floors cleaned, organized and unpacked! Unfortunately the 3rd floor (where are bedroom and my office/spare room is) is the one that has the MOST stuff so will likely take the longest to unpack!

It’s hard letting go of some of that memorabilia stuff but it might be the right thing to do – it would clear up a lot of space for you guys!

39 April March 30, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Looks like you can utilize the two EXPEDIT shelves from IKEA and just get some of the boxes/drawers that fit into them to kind of disguise and organize your things. The nice thing with those is that you can section off the room for part of an office and part guest room or just make one big wall of shelving.

When my ex and I moved in together, I made space (my apt.) and cleaned out a lot. In the end it was worth it so he could have his drawers, shelves, and closet space to do whatever he wanted with. Good luck!

40 River March 30, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Ooh, I don’t think I could be in a bedroom without carpet! Would get cold (unless you have underfloor heating).
River recently posted..47 – Roadtrip!

41 Meghann March 30, 2011 at 4:25 pm

It’s Florida. The purpose of the floors is to keep the rooms cold. It gets HOT during the summer πŸ™‚

42 River March 30, 2011 at 6:41 pm

That’s true! Didn’t think of that. I was just imagining it in New Zealand! Would be freezing. Although I have been known to sit on the kitchen tiles when it gets REALLY hot in the summer!

43 Karlee @ olivewineandfood March 30, 2011 at 4:15 pm

that wrap looks delicious! very unique
Karlee @ olivewineandfood recently posted..long distance relationship

44 Kristen March 30, 2011 at 4:15 pm

I am in the same boat as you, just a little different. I have a 3rd bedroom that is a soon-to-be nursery. I have oodles of things stored in the closet there, and my packrat husband keeps a bunch of stuff in that room also. We already had a “purge” day in December, so there really is not a lot more we can get rid of. Lucky for me, I have a basement (that floods about once a year) that I can store stuff. Maybe look into a storage unit. Target also has cute shelving units with bins for about $50 a pop.

I used to make a quesadilla just like that – a Rachael Ray inspiration. Mine had jalapeno jelly, Macintosh apples, and gouyere (?) cheese. One of my favorites! I might need to be making that again soon. What is it about sweet, salty, and savory that just works so well?
Kristen recently posted..breaking up with treadmill boredom

45 Kacy March 30, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Is the room just going to be your office or a shared space? If it’s just your office then I think it’s fine for it to be ‘very you’. πŸ™‚
Kacy recently posted..BIG talk

46 Alexa @ Simple Eats March 30, 2011 at 4:19 pm

I’ve never moved in with a guy, but I can forsee the annoyances that come along with it. Boys are simple and don’t care much about decoration. At least you can clean out things now!
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..Switch It Up

47 Lucy @ The Sweet Touch March 30, 2011 at 4:32 pm

We are in the exact same situation so I’m reading your comments for ideas. It seems there is never enough storage space and I hate to have open shelves too packed with stuff.

We did get rid of a lot of stuff before moving but still seems we have a ton more to give away!
Lucy @ The Sweet Touch recently posted..Devils Food White-Out Cake

48 Krystle March 30, 2011 at 4:37 pm

The room looks MUCH better after you cleaned it a little bit. Hang any art you have (I see that picture you love is buried down there). Arrange it in a way that pleases you *this is not a forever things, it’s a NOW thing.* Next, paint that mirror! It’s out dated but with a coat of paint you could make it look great! Also paint the other furtinure you have in there. You’ve got some great stuff that could make the room look awesome! It needs a rug, I know it’s FL but go to your local rug store and ask if they have any capet already cut that didn’t sale. You can get great carpet for little to no money. Also, think about making the bookcases in there a headboard. The baskets look good, continue with those!
That’s all I’ve got now but everything is coming together nicely!

49 Meghann March 30, 2011 at 4:45 pm

The mirror was a gift from my grandparents when I was little. It’s been with me for every move since. I never thought to paint it. πŸ™‚

And I know it needs a rug! I’m still trying to figure out the color pallette.

50 Ashley March 30, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Just go through all of it, make piles, then force yourself to organize what you’re keeping is my only suggestion. You could ask the expert at iheartorganizing.blogspot.com though. She works miracles.
I love your lunch!

51 erica March 30, 2011 at 4:44 pm

that’s my guest bathroom. i called it the black hole…the place we threw everything we didn’t know what to do with…now we’re finally starting to tackle it…

mixing styles is hard…my bf and i have such different tastes. he likes very modern, clean lines,minimalist, masculine, leather…typical bachelor pad look. i love soft colors, comfy couches, and lots of decor.
erica recently posted..quarter-year check-in

52 Laurie March 30, 2011 at 5:27 pm

Meghann, what did you do with your bedroom set from your apartment? You may have said in another post and I may of missed it, since you said you might eventually get a bed for that bedroom. Sorry, I guess I’m no help on helping with your problem now πŸ™‚

53 Stacey (The Home-Cooked Vegan) March 30, 2011 at 5:37 pm

I agree- blue cheese can be a bit much! Before I was vegan, it was my least favorite cheese. Three bites and I’d start to feel sick!
I know exactly what you are going through with the second bedroom thing! When we moved in together, we had all of this extra stuff lying around in the second bedroom/office that didn’t have it’s own place!
After a few months of staring at boxes, we finally went through EACH one, decided on things that absolutely must be in the house, and the things that could be boxed and put into a closet…like yearbooks, childhood keepsakes, scrapbooks, old photo albums that never get looked at..things of that sort.
So maybe your first step should be to go through the boxes and decide on what you REALLY REALLY want to be in that room? πŸ™‚
Stacey (The Home-Cooked Vegan) recently posted..No Turning Back

54 Kelly March 30, 2011 at 5:46 pm

I hope you get some good ideas. I have a spare bedroom that is a blank slate….literally. My husband is painting and doing the floor as we speak. It is an empty/blank space that needs help. I want to get a daybed/futon and a much smaller desk. So I’m hoping you get some good ideas that I can use. LOL

55 Karen March 30, 2011 at 6:47 pm

I love your funky food combinations!!! I always put random stuff together that people think is gross. I definitely will be giving this wrap a try! Keep up with the great posts:)
Karen recently posted..National half Marathon Race Recap

56 Laura (Starloz) March 30, 2011 at 6:53 pm

i’d suggest deciding what kind of theme you want the room to have then work from there.
Laura (Starloz) recently posted..Happy Birthday

57 td March 30, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Could you rent a self-storage for your stuff? I have no idea how much the rent would be in FL but it’s about $100/month in CA for a small one.

58 Hilary March 30, 2011 at 7:11 pm

I would choose another type of cheese (not a big bleu fan)…but otherwise, looks good!
Hilary recently posted..Pear-a-dise and a Pollo Post Script

59 Shayla March 30, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Wow that wrap looks delish! And btw, great job on the water sports video!! You looked great out there and your turning into a pro at doing these episodes!

Btw, in that episode are you wearing a BIC Band? So cute and I saw SkinnyRunner wearing one too in the red polka dot design. πŸ™‚

60 Lauren March 30, 2011 at 7:59 pm

One room at a time girl! πŸ™‚ It’s looking great. πŸ™‚
Lauren recently posted..How I Wake Up to Work Out

61 Kt March 30, 2011 at 8:02 pm

One of the best things my boyfriend and I bought when we moved in together was a filing cabinet. The top drawer is mine, bottom’s his. No more keeping tax info in a shoebox πŸ™‚

62 rebecca lustig March 30, 2011 at 8:04 pm

what an awesome, awesome wrap. I may or may not be drooling… haha

Becca

63 Lisa (bakebikeblog) March 30, 2011 at 8:05 pm

What about one of those ‘cube’ shelves into which you can place cute baskets….h

make sense??? hmmm…like this sort of thing? http://www.buyster.com.au/The-Banyan-Tree-538-TBT1109.html
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Party Food- Coleslaw with a β€˜difference’

64 colleen March 30, 2011 at 8:22 pm

It will be hard, but is needed. You must scan the photos, keep the frames you love that are neutral, donate the animals and anything that you don’t love 110% or give you assistance with storage or filing. It has taken me 10 years and four moves with the hubby to realize this.

65 M March 30, 2011 at 8:38 pm

I think it’s much more difficult moving into a significant other’s
place rather than you both moving into a “new” place together.

It’s sweet you are really sensitive and considerate of your boyfriend’s
opinions and tastes,but I also hope you can fully feel that it is 100% YOUR place too and have the things that make you feel at home and yourself as well.

Hope you both can make your place feel home for both of you!
(sometimes easier said than done!)

Happy new-ish home together!

66 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 30, 2011 at 9:18 pm

I’ve lived in my house since July and our guest room is still a breeding ground for crap.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..the crazy thing i she did

67 Kiran March 30, 2011 at 11:02 pm

Purge is needed here. I tend to have keepsakes lying around that I don’t necessarily need it anymore. That way, you can narrow on things that you want to keep. Of course, purging would leave room for you both to add to it as a couple πŸ™‚
Kiran recently posted..Failed brownies

68 Alison March 30, 2011 at 11:21 pm

I’m always fascinated by your meal/recipe posts. Our taste buds are so different, I don’t think I could handle the mix of savory and sweet…but your combos always get me thinking!

Re: your second bedroom. It will be fine, you’ll figure it out! Have you ever thought about an Expedit bookshelf from Ikea? http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40047675

I love mine — it is great because it provides tons of storage, but there are so many ways to add decorative pieces too. I think of mine like a little museum, and I get to “curate” each of the little cubes. I start with the bigger pieces and then I style it using all of my pretty trinkets (candles, photos, etc). I just feel like it instantly makes a great impact in the room and makes everything look so clean and neat .

Good luck, can’t wait to see the transformation (whatever you decide)!
Alison recently posted..Pretty- please

69 anna March 31, 2011 at 12:47 am

i am so glad you are reaping the benefits of the carrot/AB combo! i searched for ways to mix the two and got mostly dog treat recipes.. lucky dogs..

70 Reenie March 31, 2011 at 8:30 am

Hi Meg ~ I would paint the walls a calm soothing color. Get you a big girl desk πŸ˜‰ …. bookcase. You could look for a futon or daybed at garage sales or Craigslist. Put “your things” in plastic bins that you want to keep. Incorporate a little of Derek in the room. πŸ™‚ Oh, and a big rug (5 x 8 or 8 x 11) that you can get at Target or Walmart for not that much money.

You asked what to do next on your living room ~ pick up lil things that you like when you are out shopping…. to accessorize.

You can do it………. πŸ™‚

71 Sherry S. March 31, 2011 at 9:37 am

First-You have done a great job so far. Second-Declutter. Third-Pick out the Futon/Bed and Desk you want and figure out where they should go. Everything should start to fall in place from there.

72 Angela March 31, 2011 at 10:31 pm

That quesadilla looked good until i saw that you put blue cheese in it. Now, i bet brie instead of blue cheese would be amazing!
Angela recently posted..Coupons Galore