Yogani

by Meghann on March 29, 2011

It wasn’t easy, but I did it! I made it to the 6:30am yoga class this morning. πŸ™‚

It wasn’t easy because I gave myself just enough time to wake up, walk Maddie, and drive across town for class. Just enough time meant there was no wiggle room for getting lost, which – of course – means I got lost.

After a couple of wrong turns down one way roads (good thing no one was on the road at that hour!), I walked in with seconds to spare before class start. Close call. πŸ™‚

The Yogani Studio was recommended by a majority of locals as THE studio I had to try. The online schedule was very diverse with a variety of classes offering every style of yoga imaginable. The Power Yoga class description was what immediately caught my attention.

Screen shot 2011-03-29 at 9.04.28 AM.png

Unfortunately, with the diverse range of classes, comes a limited time schedule. They only offer the Power Yoga class every other day at odd times that would be hard to work into my current schedule.

Instead of waiting to try to the power class, I decided to take a change with the 6:30am Power & Grace class – the morning opener version of Power Yoga.

Screen shot 2011-03-29 at 8.50.42 AM.png

The yoga studio was gorgeous. It was light, airy and I loved watching the sunrise through the open windows.

The Power & Grace class wasn’t hot, but it was warm and left my muscles feeling relaxed and open. The flow of the class was a steady build from relaxed and calm to fast and strengthening – it was the perfect way to start the morning. I also appreciated how hands on the instructor was, his corrections really took some of my poses to the next level.

The studio will never replace Orlando Power Yoga in my heart, but it was a nice start. Now, I just need to find a way to take the Power Yoga class.

After yoga, I made my way back home to begin my day with a bowl of cereal.

• 1/2 cup Shredded What
  • 1/2 cup Kix
  • 1/4 cup Back to Nature Chocolate Granola
  • Plain Yogurt
  • Cantaloupe

This bowl was a little bland (it needed nut butter or something?). Not the best I’ve made.

I have a busy day of work ahead of me. Time to put my writer’s cap on!

1 Toni March 29, 2011 at 9:19 am

What a great way to start the day!! πŸ™‚
Toni recently posted..Not so cook-free Saturday

2 Stacy @ Every Little Thing March 29, 2011 at 9:20 am

Yoga is truly the best morning exercise!
Stacy @ Every Little Thing recently posted..Market Saturday

3 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 29, 2011 at 9:21 am

Sounds like a great start to the morning! I’d love to be able to squeeze yoga into my morning workouts after I run and do weights, but I don’t think there’d be enough time. It sounds like a fabulous idea in my head though. Good luck with work today!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Spotlight on Spring Produce- Fennel

4 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday March 29, 2011 at 9:22 am

I like hands on instructors. I think they are the best. I know some people don’t like to be corrected but if I can’t see what it’s supposed to look like then I want to feel what it’s supposed to feel like.

5 Freya March 29, 2011 at 9:22 am

What a relaxing way to begin the day (even if it was at stupid o’clock!). I would do anything to have a yoga studio near me :'(
Freya recently posted..He said yes!

6 Natalie @ Will Jog For Food March 29, 2011 at 9:23 am

I really need to start getting into yoga! The trainer at the gym says I’m “one of the most inflexible people there”, not good! haha
Natalie @ Will Jog For Food recently posted..Sushi Time at Tokyo Blue

7 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine March 29, 2011 at 9:23 am

Sounds like a great class! I still have to try hot yoga- I hear it’s a completely different experience!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Waffling

8 Dori March 29, 2011 at 9:25 am

Sounds like a great class! Since you mostly work from home, could you adjust your schedule to make the class times fit?
Dori recently posted..At Which Everyone Pays Attention to Dori

9 Meghann March 29, 2011 at 9:39 am

I’ve been trying! The next Power Yoga class is tomorrow at 5:45, but I had already made plans with Megan to go to the beach (fingers crossed) and then Friday from 12:00 – 1:30. I may try that class and just have a big snack before hand since it’s smack in the middle of lunch time. πŸ™‚ I guess I’ve just been spoiled with OPY where they only offer Power Yoga and you have 4 different times to choose from every day.

10 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 29, 2011 at 9:28 am

Great start to a Tuesday morning!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..the crazy thing i she did

11 Hope March 29, 2011 at 9:29 am

What a great class. It sounds like a great way to start your morning! I’m sorry your breakfast bowl wasn’t good. It looks pretty! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..A Chance to Settle…

12 Holly @ The Runny Egg March 29, 2011 at 9:29 am

I love cantaloupe but I find it doesn’t taste like much unless it is super ripe.

I’ve accidentally driven the wrong way down one way streets — it is pretty terrifying if you think about it!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Welcome to The Runny Egg!

13 Mimi March 29, 2011 at 9:34 am

I’m glad that you made it to yoga! The sunrise classes are never fun to wake up and get to, but always worth it!

So, would you say this yoga studio is a contender? Do they offer more power-oriented classes?
Mimi recently posted..My vegetarianism

14 Meghann March 29, 2011 at 9:41 am

It’s a contendor, but I’m not head over heels in love with it. They do have a Power oriented class, I just need to make it to one of those options.

15 Fit Chick Britt March 29, 2011 at 9:45 am

I have the same trouble with finding classes at the gym or at a yoga studio, they never have times that fit perfectly in my schedule. I’ve been meaning to try this yoga studio near my office for quite some time and maybe I’ll finally go check it out now that you posted this!

16 Stacey (The Home-Cooked Vegan) March 29, 2011 at 9:47 am

I like when the instructors are hands-on too. When I first went to a yoga class, I realized that I’d been putting my heels in the air during down dog and the instructor came by to push them down, and ohmy! Now, it’s like I WANT them to correct me!

Glad you made it to class!That’s early to rise πŸ™‚ Have a great day!
Stacey (The Home-Cooked Vegan) recently posted..No Turning Back

17 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather March 29, 2011 at 9:54 am

I think i’d enjoy a more relaxed and calming class in the early morning. It would set the day up to be a success. Hope you can make it to power yoga sometime too.

18 Lucy @ The Sweet Touch March 29, 2011 at 10:01 am

That sounds like a great way to start the day!
Lucy @ The Sweet Touch recently posted..Devils Food White-Out Cake

19 Christina March 29, 2011 at 10:02 am

Awesome job on getting up super early and making it to class! I try to go to the gym in the early morning but 6:30 may be pushing it just a little for me hahaha.

DOn’t you hate when you make a breakfast that looks like the best on the planet but when you taste it it’s just subpar? Ugh, so dissappointing! At least your breakfast looks scrumptious!
Christina recently posted..Sometimes you win some and you lose some

20 Ashley March 29, 2011 at 10:11 am

There is a 630 yoga class offered right across the street from me, but I don’t know if I can force myself up that early.

21 Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com March 29, 2011 at 10:26 am

I’m always impressed with your ability to get up and going in the very early morning. I always just wake up and want breakfast immediately. No, IMMEDIATELY. Yoga would be a beautiful start to a Tuesday though πŸ™‚
Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com recently posted..Lemon Garlic Tuna Burgers

22 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate March 29, 2011 at 10:26 am

Congrats on getting to yoga! I really need to suck it up and try it. It will be so embarrassing though! I have no idea what I’m doing!
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Trail Mix and Cashew Butter Oaties

23 Katie G. March 29, 2011 at 10:45 am

The trial and error of finding a new studio is always tough a first, but good for you for getting up early to try it out! Hope you get to power yoga sometime soon!
Katie G. recently posted..ChChChChanges

24 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life March 29, 2011 at 11:14 am

Good job for getting up early!!
Elizabeth@The Sweet Life recently posted..Giveaway- Zabars Chocolate!

25 Kristin @ FoodFash March 29, 2011 at 11:18 am

I totally hear you on Yogani not stacking up to your fav studio. I still miss YogaSport in Dallas and I’ve been back for almost 2 years! Hopefully you fall in love with free yoga in the park on Sundays and that’ll help a bit!
Kristin @ FoodFash recently posted..Gourmet In LA

26 Julie @ Lettuce Choose Healthy March 29, 2011 at 11:20 am

I just finished my box of that granola.. tear.
Julie @ Lettuce Choose Healthy recently posted..All About Asparagus

27 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) March 29, 2011 at 11:41 am

I take yoga at my gym, and the classes are at really weird times too! It can be really hard to work out a time to go.
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Modesto Half Marathon Recap

28 Katherine: Unemployed March 29, 2011 at 11:42 am

are you working now or doing your own work? maybe I’m confused about what you’ve been doing
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Travie McCoy and Matt McGinley

29 Meghann March 29, 2011 at 12:28 pm

I do freelance social media for companies + the blog

30 rebecca lustig March 29, 2011 at 11:50 am

i used to go to 630am Hot yoga and i seriously felt SO accomplished by 8 am and was reved up and ready to start my day! only problem was that i was ready for bed by 6pm ha

31 sarah (sarah learns) March 29, 2011 at 12:07 pm

i’m so impressed that you got up to go to yoga! i have such a hard time waking up for early morning classes.
sarah (sarah learns) recently posted..i did it!

32 LauraJayne March 29, 2011 at 12:47 pm

I love it when you try a new business and it turns out to be wonderful! Sounds like a great experience – we definitely need more yoga studios that offer hot yoga in Utah (I think we have two and both are Bikram)!
LauraJayne recently posted..Vegetarian Birthday Tsunami

33 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 29, 2011 at 1:22 pm

I don’t love cantaloupe…maybe that is why it was bland πŸ˜‰ hehe. love yoga!

34 Emily @ Savory and Savage March 29, 2011 at 2:23 pm

I have been meaning to try out morning yoga classes.

The idea that I can start the day feeling completely relaxed AND energized is very appealing.
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Breakfast calzones two ways

35 Alaina March 29, 2011 at 2:46 pm

As much as getting up really early can stink, it sure sets the tone for a great day (I think). πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..Knee Slapper

36 Kiran March 29, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Kick me as I am yet to go OPY! πŸ˜€
Kiran recently posted..Failed brownies

37 River March 29, 2011 at 3:54 pm

I only tried yoga recently, I would like to get more into it. I like it much better than the gym etc.
River recently posted..47 – Roadtrip!

38 Emma (Namaste Everyday) March 29, 2011 at 8:03 pm

high-five for making it to class! doesn’t your day just feel like its on-track?
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..Dominion Road School