My wonderful plans of running a beautiful 7 mile run on a new trail quickly evaporated this morning when I woke up to the sounds of morning showers outside my window. I was definitely bummed and waited it out for 30 minutes to see if it would clear, but sadly there was no change so I went ahead and planned an indoor work out. I would much rather have been able to run, but this work out did its job and I’m glad I did get some exercise in this morning.
My Rainy Day Work Out consisted of 3 separate parts:
- When Tropical Storm Fay sat on top of central Florida for a week I found a work out in my Shape Magazine that kept me entertained indoors. The original article was called Burn 300 Calories at Home. I did a quick google search this morning and found a version of the article here. It’s a great standing workout, that involved different standing cardio moves for a couple of minutes at a time. I’m not sure I actually burned 300 calories, but It got my heart rate up.
- Next I decided to give my arms a work out and did the new Self Tear-Out: Sculpt A-list Arms Fast. This is a GREAT arm work out. I used 5 pound weights and found the moves difficult. If you are looking to shape your arms, give some of these moves a try.
- Lastly I did my $1 Ab Workout except I added the challenge of a 5 lb weight to the moves. I also did 50 bicycles, 50 combination crunches, some back work and 2 30 sec planks.
After I worked up a sweat I was ready to eat! I have been planning on this breakfast all week and am so excited I finally got a chance to try it, it was just as good as I had planned in my head. 🙂
Pumpkin Pecan Waffles
- 1 1/2 cups Hodgens Mills Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Fat Free Milk
- 1 Cup Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup Broken Pecans
- 1/2 tablespoon Pumpkin Spice
- 1/2 tablespoon Cinnamon
I mixed all of the above ingredients and used my trusty waffle make to produce 3 wonderful waffles. I had one this morning and put the other 2 in the freezer for future consumption.
For the topping I heated up a small apple with sprinkle of cinnamon and some pieces of pecan.
This breakfast was just as delicious as I had imagined. The perfect fall waffle. 🙂
I have been a busy bee this morning trying to prepare for my weekend away. I have put together a stash of snacks to nibble on a long the way.
I will probably break into the pumpkin seeds on the drive to my parents.
My parents never have any food at their house so I am brining some left over Vegetable Soup and Kashi Vegetable crackers to enjoy once I reach home.
I am also bring some leftovers for my Dad to enjoy as well. I need to make sure he is well fed before our 4 hour drive.
Don’t worry I tucked Jackie safe and sounds in my fridge while I am away.
Pumpkins tend to rot quickly in the hot Florida sun so in order to keep Jackie fresh until Halloween I will be keeping her in the fridge until right before Halloween night when I will ser her on my balcony. She’s also safe in sound in there from the neighborhood kids who usually throw rocks at the pumpkins to see how many they can knock down. oh, to be young again.
I still have a couple of errands to run in town and then I am heading off to my parent’s to drop Abbie off to spend the weekend with her Uncle Scooby (my parent’s Boxer) and then hopefully we’ll be on our merry way. I have plenty of reading material to keep me entertained on the drive, so hopefully it will go by quickly.
I’m brining my laptop with me to Tally so hopefully I can still some of my Sister’s internet to post while I’m away. It will probably be sparatic, but I will be sure to keep everyone up to date. It will be interesting to see how my healthy eating habits hold up with all of the tail gating and stadium eats. Wish me luck!