Easter Hopping 2017

by Meghann on April 17, 2017

Happy Belated Easter!

I know I’ve said this before, but the older Annalynn gets, the seriously more fun holidays become!

Last Easter Annalynn was still working on sitting unassisted and wasn’t sure about all the plastic eggs everyone kept handing her. This year she was an egg hunting machine and it was so much fun to watch.

Our Easter celebrations actually began a few weeks ago when Mary hosted an early Easter Egg Hunt Brunch for all of the friends’ kiddos. It’s always fun to get the kids together, especially for holidays or other interactive activities.

It was Annalynn’s first official Easter egg hunt on two feet and it really didn’t take her long to grasp the concept. She loves picking up toys and dropping them in buckets, so putting eggs in a basket was a no brainer.

She also enjoyed decorating eggs with stickers and then refused to give up her freshly decorated egg. Which was adorable… until she dropped it and the hard boiled egg broke into a hundred pieces. There was no putting humpty dumpty back together again after that.

Her school hosted a “Spring Extravaganza” on Good Friday that included an egg hunt, picnic, and other activities.

The teachers saidAnnalynn was a “pro” and knew exactly what to do when it came to collecting eggs. She’s got mad skills.

On Saturday our neighborhood hosted a giant egg hunt at the neighborhood park that had a couple of hundred kids, thousands of eggs, raffles, and more.

Nothing makes you feel more like an adult than being in a sea of parents with your kid waiting for an Easter egg hunt to start. Luckily the hunt was at the park so we spent 30 minutes going up and down the slides, swinging, and walking in circles.

30 minutes to wait for the start of a hunt that lasts less than 5 minutes. There was an 8 egg maximum, but that didn’t seem to bother Annalynn. She just kept dumping her bag out and re-hunting the eggs she had just claimed – problem solved!

Finally, on Easter Sunday, we ditched the rest of our Easter traditions and  started one of our own by heading to the beach.

It was actually Derek’s idea and it was perfect. We slept in, made a big breakfast, Annalynn napped, and then we headed to the beach. Pretty good Sunday if you ask me.

I know this is a totally random post, but I wanted to quickly jot everything down for my own memory. Time flies way too fast around here.

1 Katie @ Live Half Full April 17, 2017 at 2:15 pm

Your Easter Sunday was ideal!!!

I feel the same way about holidays with son. He’s around the same age as A and it gets more and more fun every holiday!
Katie @ Live Half Full recently posted..Scenes from Our Easter Weekend

2 Christina @ montessoriishmom.com April 17, 2017 at 2:30 pm

I like these random posts 🙂 Annalynn is such a cutie – This made me happy because it helped me imagine what holidays may be like next year when our little guy is older and a little more aware 🙂
Christina @ montessoriishmom.com recently posted..A Very Happy Easter

3 Amber April 17, 2017 at 3:05 pm

I love this! I can’t wait to dress up our baby girl in a super cute dress for her first Easter next year!!! I’m jealous of your beach day… we’re headed down the shore in about a month, but there’s no guarantee it will be warm enough in NJ to actually enjoy the beach. We’ll see!
Amber recently posted..My Pregnancy: Week 15

4 Susan April 17, 2017 at 4:25 pm

She is too cute and I can’t believe how big she is getting. You go girl…collect those eggs like a boss. An aside…is that Clearwater Beach? I used to live there. Beautiful.

5 Ash Diamond April 17, 2017 at 5:13 pm

I can’t believe that next Easter we will have a 10 month old! These pictures and memories are adorable!
Ash Diamond recently posted..Friday Favorites–April 14th, 2017

6 Annie April 18, 2017 at 5:29 am

I totally agree about holidays becoming more fun! Our son is 17 months and last year we didn’t even attempt Easter. We did nothing and it was great! This year we introduced an egg hunt, somewhat successful, and spent time with family but we also enjoyed a family only start to the day with a long walk and time at the park. It was great! Super jealous yours was spent at the beach though!

7 Katie April 19, 2017 at 7:35 am

The beach on Easter.. so fun!! Ps. where did you find that suit?! Love it!!

8 Meghann April 20, 2017 at 10:48 am