Three Things I’m Loving This Week

by Meghann on March 27, 2017

This post is sponsored by Universal Music Group

I’m still riding the high from my weekend at “Camp Brooks” and can’t seem to rub this goofy smile from my face. Too soon to go back? At least I have another vacation on the horizon. T-minus 2 weeks until Derek and I are in the mountains of Tennessee!

Here’s what else I’m loving this week:

1. We Have Braids!

Teeny, tiny French braids!

I can’t tell you how excited I am that Annalynn’s hair is long enough for braids. We still have some ways to go before I attempt to bust out any YouTube tutorials, but it’s getting there. Also, I used a clean diaper to distract her while I braided. Who knew clean diapers were so entertaining?

1. Little Big Town on Repeat

The new album from Little Big Town: “The Breaker” has been on repeat on my iPod lately. The single “Happy People” is officially my new anthem. It’s a great song and so is the message behind it.

“Never take it for granted

You don’t have to understand it

Here’s to whatever puts a smile on your face

Whatever makes you happy people”

It’s catchy, positive, and exactly what I need in my life right.

Fun Fact:The Breaker” also features “Better Man” which was written by Taylor Swift! No wonder I can’t get it out of my head.

Check out Little Big Town’s new album “The Breaker” now here!

1. Lunchtime Workouts

My co-workers and I recently purchased a “March Madness” package from a local bar studio for 4 weeks of unlimited classes. We were sold on the “express” 45-minute lunchtime classes and the built-in accountability partners of signing up as a team.

I attended my first class today during lunch and it was awesome. I have no flexibility, so bar classes have always been a challenge for me, but I think that’s what I like about them. I’ve previously taken classes here and there, but never on a consistent basis. My goal is to get the most I can out of the unlimited package and hopefully see some improvement. At the very least, I can already tell that making it a team effort with my coworkers has been the extra motivation I need to get away from my desk and make it to class.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have an empty wine glass that needs to be refilled.

Good night.

1 Annie March 27, 2017 at 12:26 pm

Oh her little braids!! So sweet. We don’t have many barre studios close to us, all are about 20-25 minutes away so I’ve yet to try one but they look so great!

2 Carrie this fit chick March 27, 2017 at 3:06 pm

Never okay to have an empty wine glass 😉

I’m definitely a before work workout gal and not a lunchtime one, but my co-workers do lunchtime workouts and always come back feeling refreshed!
Carrie this fit chick recently posted..Scenes from My Life Outside of Fitness

3 Kelly March 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm

So excited to hear that you took (and enjoyed) your first Bar Method class. I’m actually training to be a Bar Method instructor in Chicago (About 1 month away from being certified.) so it makes me super excited when others discover the Bar Method. I will also say when I started I was not flexible at all and now I can do the splits on both sides and have this new found lower back flexibility I had NO idea could be there. Not sure how long your package is good for but if you are taking 3-4 times a week you will DEFINITELY see improvement in a month or two. I also think a lot of the movements bar classes ask you to do are, for lack of a better term, weird in the beginning and then if your experience is anything like mine you will have this moment where everything finally clicks and you get what you’re supposed to be doing. Looking forward to hearing more posts about it. I will also say I am SO not a runner, but we have so many students and teachers who run and do barre and they swear it’s the perfect compliment.

4 B March 27, 2017 at 7:32 pm

Have you cut Annalynns hair yet? If so, where? My little one has curly hair so it looks short but it’s actually pretty long….and uneven. I can’t bring myself to trim it.

5 Lora @ Crazy Running Girl March 27, 2017 at 11:46 pm

Those braids are SO CUTE!!
Lora @ Crazy Running Girl recently posted..Hiking the Sandia Crest Trail in New Mexico

6 Jess March 28, 2017 at 10:59 pm

Those braids are adorable. My daughter is a few months older than AnnaLynn but I don’t know if would sit still for hair braids. She rocks pigtails though

7 Erin March 29, 2017 at 1:26 pm

How have you had the chance to try more barre classes yet? my running coach recommended them for strengthening my hips and glutes for running but I’ve never tried anything like that before. Do you think it improves those as well as flexibility?

8 Meghann April 3, 2017 at 4:20 pm

Yes, I’ve been taking them consistently for the last three weeks and I’ve really enjoyed them. The classes aren’t crazy intense, but I’m always sore the next day! I think it is helping my flexibility and opening up my hips a bit.