Annalynn: 10 months

by Meghann on August 1, 2016

Happy 10 months, Annalynn!

10 months

I can’t believe it, but you’re in double digits now. It’s unbelievable how fast time flies with you around!

You’re in size 9-12 month clothes, size 4 diapers, and weigh just over 18 lbs. You love to smile, laugh, and are fluent in babble.

Annalynn 10 months

Milestones

Girl, you have some speed! No knees needed. You prefer to move up on your hands and feet and can hustle from one side of the house to the other in the blink of an eye. Seriously, how did you get from point a to point b so quickly?!?!

crawling

You’re also pulling up on EVERYTHING. Basically if you can get your hands on it, then you can pull up on it. This includes dog crates, hampers, the wall, the toilet, the bathtub, the dog, etc. etc.

standing at 10 months

You’re still not walking yet, but you are getting so close! You can take a few steps while holding onto one hand, can stand unsupported for a few seconds at a time, and you love to crowd surf.

You also started walking with a push walker, which is absolutely adorable.

Uh oh?? Look out world, big girl coming through! #AnnalynnOlivia #10monthsold

A video posted by Meghann Anderson-Russell (@mealsandmiles) on

We’re working on “bye-bye.” It’s hit or miss at the moment. You’ve got the wave and “bye-bye” down when it’s just mommy and you’re getting a diaper change or change of clothes, but the minute I bring you to Daddy – or attempt to get you to do it for strangers at stores – you immediately freeze up. Don’t worry, these things take time. I’m sure you’ll get there soon.

Eating

You still love food and are a great eater. I feel like I should knock on wood here because I know how this can change any minute. You pretty much eat everything we put in front of you. Minus spicy food. You do NOT like spicy food.

BLW 10 months

Right now I’m sending two small meals to daycare (just as an example: today’s meals consisted of steamed broccoli, strawberries, and hardboiled egg) and you’ve dropped from 4 to 3 bottles, which is great because that’s all I can keep up with now.  On the plus side, you’re still nursing like a champ in the morning, evenings, and on the weekends. On the down side, I’m pumping half of what I used to. The body really is a miraculous thing and is spot on when it comes to adapting to baby’s need.

straw drinking 10 months

Again, probably something I should be knocking on wood for, but it’s so much fun to take you out to eat. We loving bringing you to our favorite restaurants and giving you the opportunity to try new things. You love sitting in a high chair and drinking from to-go cups with bendy straws.

Sleep

You are still so unpredictable when it comes to sleep. I’d say you sleep through the night about 3-4 times a week. Otherwise you wake up 1-2 times. You’re usually pretty good at going right back to sleep, but last night was a doozy. You were up for close to two hours and only fell back asleep after I climbed into your crib for a long stretch. You’re also starting to really fight naps. I think you just like keeping mommy and daddy on your toes!

Annalynn 10 Months

We do have some good news. Amma & Pop Pop spruced up their pack ‘n’ play with a new mattress cover and sheet, which really added some softness to the hard mat you hated so much. You slept for 12 straight hours for the first time in the pack ‘n’ play over and I about kissed the floor at your feet. It was a sleep miracle!

Misc.

I can’t get over how much fun you are. You love to read, sing, dance, and are just a major goof. I can’t wait to watch the rest of your personality continue to explode out of you!

Mommy and Daddy love you so, so much! xoxo

1 Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed August 1, 2016 at 9:44 am

I love this post! She’s so adorable 🙂
Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed recently posted..Weekly Workouts & Painting our Dining Room

2 Dana August 1, 2016 at 11:11 am

I’d love to hear how your fur-baby is adjusting to baby!! We are expecting our first, and have a senior-pup we are pretty sure will be just fine, but makes me so nervous!

3 Meagan @ My Life as Mrs August 1, 2016 at 11:13 am

She’s getting so big! I can’t believe how fast the months keep flying by. I can’t believe it’s August already!
Meagan @ My Life as Mrs recently posted..My Husband is now a Doctor of Physical Therapy!!! YAY!

4 Amy August 1, 2016 at 12:18 pm

When you climb in the crib, do you stay there until she wakes up again or do you sneak out once she’s asleep? My little one has been sleeping poorly and I haven’t tried this tactic yet.

5 Katie August 1, 2016 at 4:24 pm

Most crib weight limits are <50 pounds; I would NOT recommend doing this. It's incredibly unsafe.

6 Laura August 2, 2016 at 8:40 am

Oh no, she climbed in the crib with her daughter! The horror! Let’s all critique her unnecessarily! Seriously, who cares what she does with her daughter and her crib? My husband stood in our crib to hang my daughter’s mobile and he weighs 180 pounds. I’ve stood in it before too. It didn’t collapse. Those cribs can support way more than 50 pounds. I know sooo many people who climb in their cribs with the children and they don’t collapse.
Laura recently posted..Getting Pregnant: Timing and Trying

7 Meghann August 2, 2016 at 9:01 am

Honestly, I didn’t think twice about it. I know so many parents who climb in the cribs with their kids to comfort them.

8 Meghann August 2, 2016 at 8:52 am

I get out as soon as she’s asleep.

9 Alice August 1, 2016 at 2:05 pm

How in the world are you able to climb in the crib with her? My crib would have fallen apart if I had tried that, not to mention I’m sure there is a weight limit.

10 Meghann August 2, 2016 at 8:55 am

I just tried to find a weight limit for my crib and only discovered this:

10. Up to how many pounds will this crib hold?
The limiting factor for using the crib is not weight, but height. The maximum height for a child to use a crib is 35″.

11 Alice August 2, 2016 at 9:07 am

Impressive. My daughter is 3 and I’ve never heard of anyone doing this before, mainly because it seems like more trouble than it’s worth. Glad it works for you. 🙂

12 Nicole August 1, 2016 at 3:15 pm

She is just adorable!

I love your updates since our daughters are the same age! My supply has also dropped in half (I’ve always had issues with supply) so it makes me feel better to hear yours has too. Siena is also all over the place with pulling up and won’t stop climbing on everything!

Siena is also fighting naps – I guess there is a sleep regression around now due to their newfound skills and never wanting to stop practicing them.

2 months til 1 year old!
Nicole recently posted..21 Day Fix Regular vs. 21 Day Fix Extreme

13 Erin August 2, 2016 at 12:06 am

She is so cute! Her hair is really coming in now – I think she has nearly as much as my almost two year old, who is on track to have enough length for a bob by age 15 😉
Thanks for sharing!
Erin recently posted..Living Car-free in the US: Elle

14 Rachael August 2, 2016 at 6:36 am

What a sweetheart! She’s beautiful and you are clearly doing an amazing job as a mom 🙂
Is she teething yet? I have a daughter the same age cutting teeth #7 & 8 and at night she sometimes just needs me close (so I plop her in the guest bed with me so we can both sleep!). Mine is working on a slithery crawl – Annalynn’s bear crawl is so cute!

15 Kate August 6, 2016 at 9:17 pm

I’m saying this solely out of sincere concern- you shouldn’t fall asleep with your baby in a bed. That’s how SIDS happens

16 Rachael August 7, 2016 at 6:42 am

Thank you for your concern! No one knows exactly what causes SIDS (or it would have a more accurate name than “Sudden Infant Death Syndrome”). There are factors that seem to reduce the risk, and in fact bed-sharing or co-sleeping while adhering to proper safeguards seems to lower the risk of SIDS. For brevity’s sake I will leave this link instead of multiple scholarly sources, of which there are many available::

I hope you are enjoying your own baby as much as I am snuggling mine 🙂 If you don’t have one you have no business commenting on this anyway.

17 Shannon August 2, 2016 at 11:39 am

Look at all that hair!! She’s a doll baby. 🙂

18 Rebekah Smith August 2, 2016 at 12:01 pm

SHE IS SO STINKING CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEE

19 Linda @ The Fitty August 2, 2016 at 2:43 pm

I don’t know if you’ve gotten this before, but Annalynn is an absolutely beautiful name.
Linda @ The Fitty recently posted..My Dream Yoga Retreat

20 Blonde Texas August 3, 2016 at 9:42 am

What a beautiful baby!

21 Reenie August 3, 2016 at 12:59 pm

So cute 🙂

22 Loretta August 4, 2016 at 9:41 am

Dislikes: being told no. Ha! Don’t expect that one to ever change! 🙂
Cute catch up post!
Loretta recently posted..Vanilla Pumpkin & Oats Smoothie Recipe

23 Kate August 4, 2016 at 1:18 pm

So sweet! My son is two months younger and he is coming into such a fun stage. He’s not doing much crawling yet but even so, he is so much more active and mobile that he was even just a few weeks ago. I relate on the hit or miss sleeping. He went through a phase a week or so ago where he was also waking up for two hours in the middle of the night. Hang in there, mama!
Kate recently posted..August Goals

24 Ashley August 7, 2016 at 9:49 pm

So cute!! Any tips on how you got her to drink from a straw? My daughter is about the same age and doesn’t seem to get it!

25 Laura August 8, 2016 at 12:47 pm

Does your daughter use pouches? Mine didn’t get it until she’d been using a pouch for a couple of weeks and then had no problem figuring out how to suck on the straw. She seemed to have a hard time with the kid cup ones so I used an adult stainless steel straw in a tall glass (so she didn’t have to suck too long before the water came up) and she got it on her first try and loves drinking that way now.
Laura recently posted..Getting Pregnant: Timing and Trying

26 Kathy August 14, 2016 at 3:22 pm

My lord, she’s cute! And she’s at the “drunken baby walk” stage which I love!