So this just happened…

by Meghann on April 26, 2016

WDWMarathon2017

Screen Shot 2016-04-26 at 9.35.58 PM

I figure if there’s a will, there’s a way. Time to break out my running shoes and get to work!

1 Jessica Suazo April 26, 2016 at 11:19 pm

Oh my goodness, I was just on that site!! Any advice on your favorite Disney race? I’m hoping 2017 is our ‘take the family to Disney World’ year and would also love to run a race while we are there. My oldest is a huge Star Wars and Super Hero fan so I was looking at those races.

Also I’m excited to read your tips/tricks to training with a baby! My son is three months old and I’ve gotten back into running but it’s so hard to schedule runs. I try to go right after he eats, but sometimes I haven’t eaten. Ah. Mom life. 🙂

2 Meghann April 27, 2016 at 11:45 am

I was a big fan of Wine & Dine when it was a nighttime race, but they moved it to the am for 2017. I’m not a big fan of Star Wars, but if you are I hear that’s a good one. However, it’s SUPER Star Wars theme, so if you’re looing for something more Disney for the overall theme, then I like the classic half in January.

3 Angela April 27, 2016 at 2:23 am

I’m so excited for you!

4 Megan April 27, 2016 at 7:24 am

That’s exciting! I registered for my first marathon this October (Marine Corps Marathon), and I still have butterflies thinking about it. I look forward to reading about your training! You’re going to have the cutest cheerleader this time around!

5 Danielle April 27, 2016 at 7:57 am

So exciting! Can’t wait to follow your training. I’m doing Chicago in Oct.

6 Jess April 27, 2016 at 8:05 am

How exciting!)
Jess recently posted..My Advice for Busy Mums trying to keep fit

7 Beth April 27, 2016 at 8:19 am

Wow! The full! I will be spectating the full (running the half) so I’ll be cheering for you!!

8 Jennifer April 27, 2016 at 8:44 am

So exciting! I’m trying to decide between the half in January, or the Princess half? Which one is your favorite?!

9 Meghann April 27, 2016 at 11:42 am

I like the half in January because it has all of the characters and doesn’t just focus on the princesses. People also tend to be a little crazier at the princess half!

10 Melissa April 27, 2016 at 9:08 am

How exciting!! Nothing like a race to get your butt in gear post-baby…I did the same thing!
Melissa recently posted..BeFit Giveaway Winner

11 Cara April 27, 2016 at 9:28 am

Awesome!!! I thought it was going to be a positive pregnancy test, lol!!
Cara recently posted..Wedding Weekend

12 Reenie April 27, 2016 at 10:21 am

You can do it!! 🙂

13 Ashley April 27, 2016 at 11:54 am

Good for you, but I’m a little surprised that you would pick a full marathon. That’s going to take a lot of time away from your family, which you already complain of not having enough of. I guess I’m surprised after your recent meltdown post.

14 Kaitlin April 27, 2016 at 2:36 pm

Agreed. Maybe a 10k or 1/2 would have been a better distance? Just surprising coming off a post saying you have no time and you are crying in your car because you are working late and can’t make it to daycare on time. Marathon training is a beast in itself, without having any lack-of-time issues. Anyways, best of luck! Hopefully it’s enjoyable.

15 Lacey April 28, 2016 at 7:21 am

That recent meltdown post just seemed to be damage control after the sh*tstorm of comments on her “Making It Work” post.

16 Lesley April 28, 2016 at 8:16 am

Slow Clap to Ashley and Lacey! It was nothing but damage control because the next 3 posts after didn’t mention nursing/breastfeeding/pumping at all. It was back to running, family, events, etc. – content similar to the way things were before operation #normalizebreastfeeding. I’m glad that it seems the comments were an eye-opener. I will say that while running is an amazing form of therapy and may help your mental state, if you think you are overwhelmed and can’t juggle life as it was why would you add a marathon to the mix?
Lesley recently posted..Heaven

17 Meghann April 28, 2016 at 9:08 am

Please read my response to Lacey. Also, I’m not over writing about breastfeeding/pumping. I still have too much to say on the matter, and this is my blog and I will choose to write it as I see fit. This marathon isn’t until January and I don’t plan to dive fully into training until September-ish. I needed myself a goal, so I gave myself one. I won’t be training for speed or time, just to get myself moving. I’ll only be training with three runs a week and a goal of finishing – that’s it.

18 Lesley April 28, 2016 at 10:14 am

I’m glad that you needed yourself a goal and I will gravel at your feet when you accomplish it! That’s awesome!

19 Meghann April 28, 2016 at 9:06 am

I wouldn’t call it a “meltdown” and I wouldn’t call it a “damage control.” Yes, it was a response to the attacks of that post, but it was also my honest response to life at this moment. No matter what I write on here I will never win. Ever. I accepted that a LONG time ago. (If I hadn’t, then I would seriously be questioning my mental state) This blog is (and has ALWAYS been) just a fraction of my life. I wish I had time to respond to every comment, or always write in depth posts about a variety of topics (you should see the dozens of posts in my drafts folder that I need to finish), but I don’t, so I post randomly and they’re ALL OVER the place.

20 Kelsey M. April 27, 2016 at 3:09 pm

YAY!!!!! I am so excited for you! This is going to be fantastic! Good luck with your training!

21 Angie April 27, 2016 at 3:28 pm

Good for YOU!! I tried to register for the 10k…SOLD OUT!!! It went faster than the Star Wars 10k registration!! Damn…
Angie recently posted..When you are READY to bring your A game…

22 Tricia @ A Couple of Dashes April 27, 2016 at 4:39 pm

OMG so exciting! This makes me want to throw it all out there an sign up for something big too!
Tricia @ A Couple of Dashes recently posted..The Truth About Starting Over…

23 Molly April 27, 2016 at 8:18 pm

Awesome!! I love watching your training and results!

24 Ashley M. [at] neverhomemaker April 27, 2016 at 9:21 pm

I’d love to run another marathon someday. For me, the baby years are simply too tiring, and I’d rather sleep. Instead, I stick to half distance and go for speed. At least that’s my ultimate goal when baby number 2 turns 1. At the same time, I had to stop running at like 25 weeks with this pregnancy. I’ll probably be happy with a 5K!
Ashley M. [at] neverhomemaker recently posted..5-Minute DIY Glitter Slime

25 Kerry April 27, 2016 at 10:51 pm

Good for you momma! Just ran a marathon last week, had my little girl 5 months ago. It was really hard training but it definitely gave me motivation to get in something I love! Good luck and realize that you are going to have to be very flexible and give yourself lots of grace.

26 Tory April 28, 2016 at 11:52 am

Oh my goodness, I’ll see you there! I’m running the Dopey Challenge!
Tory recently posted..Quick April Update

27 Caitlin April 29, 2016 at 2:10 pm

Good for you, Meghann. You do you!

28 Noelle April 30, 2016 at 11:09 am

Yay! You are going to do great! My husband and I ran that just this past January and LOVED it! We are running wine and dine in Novemeber and can’t wait! You’ll have to keep us updated on how training is going and such! Good luck mama!

29 Mary May 6, 2016 at 6:23 pm

#badassmotherrunner !!

I’ll Run with you! I’ll even push sweet Annalynn in the stroller for you! 🙂 You’ve got this and you’ve got plenty of time to train! I bet it’ll be like riding a bike.