Showering Baby James

by Meghann on April 24, 2016

It’s the season of babies around here. Over the next few months Derek and I will be welcoming three sweet nephews to the family (two on my side of the family, one on his). We both grew up with a ton of cousins close to our age, and can’t wait for Annalynn to have the same experience.

So many babies! So much love to go around.

Over the weekend we had the opportunity to celebrate the impending arrival of one of those sweet nephews at the Harry Potter themed baby shower for my little brother and gorgeous sister-in-law. They’re due with baby James in July.

Harry Potter Themed Baby Shower

If you’ve been reading my blog long enough you may remember my little brother’s epic proposal at Olivander’s Wand Shop at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Universal Studios back in 2010 (whoa, has it really been that long?!).

165508_10150112854605797_746835796_7942134_7876529_n.jpg

(If you have a minute, it’s definitely worth a read. Pretty much one of my favorite blogs posts on here.)

Both Ashley and Ben are big fans of Harry Potter and are in the midst of designing an epic Harry Potter themed nursery. My sister, other sister-in-law (Kristin), mom, and myself started planning the Harry Potter themed shower almost as soon as we discovered they were expecting. Pinterest is FULL of Harry Potter shower inspirations, and the possibilities are endless.

We did the majority of our planning over Easter, which included a major shopping spree to JoAnn Fabrics, Party City, and Target. From there we divided and conquered on getting all of the details right. Kristin and my twin brother worked on the world’s most epic Hogwarts Express diaper cake; Kelly made amazing wands with some sticks, a little paint, and a hot glue gun; and I attempted owl cupcakes (“attempted” being the key word there). In the end, we had a beautiful shower to celebrate a beautiful couple, and they loved all of the little details. I’d call it a success.

Harry Potter Themed Baby Shower Hogwarts Express Diaper Cake Harry Potter Themed Baby Shower Harry Potter Themed Baby Shower

Harry Potter Themed Baby Shower

Harry Potter Themed Baby Shower Harry Potter Themed Baby Shower Harry Potter Themed Baby Shower Harry Potter Themed Baby Shower Harry Potter Themed Baby Shower IMG_9937 Harry Potter Themed Baby Shower

Harry Potter Themed Baby Shower  Harry Potter Themed Baby Shower Harry Potter Themed Baby Shower Harry Potter Themed Baby Shower IMG_9892 Harry Potter Themed Baby Shower IMG_9896 IMG_9970 Harry Potter Themed Baby Shower Harry Potter Themed Baby Shower

IMG_9977

Congrats Ashley & Ben! I can’t wait to snuggle with baby James when he arrives. That is one lucky kid to have you two as his parents!

1 Jackie April 25, 2016 at 8:38 am

Such a great shower theme! That is so wonderful that there will be so many cousins for your daughter. Also, when did your little brother grow up so much?! I didn’t even think that was him in the first picture!

2 Laura April 25, 2016 at 8:59 am

What an awesome theme for a shower! Your brother looks so different lately, I wouldn’t have recognized him!
Laura recently posted..Getting Pregnant: Timing and Trying

3 Mrs. B April 25, 2016 at 10:27 am

You have to make sure you pin these pictures. Ya’ll did a great job!

Seriously, I never realized how much work (time and MONEY) goes into hosting a shower for someone… until I hosted a bridal shower and dang… whole new respect for the hostesses!

4 Reenie April 25, 2016 at 11:09 am

Cute theme. 🙂

5 Haley April 25, 2016 at 11:14 am

One of the coolest themes for a shower I’ve seen yet. Love everything Harry Potter.

6 Anna April 25, 2016 at 11:53 am

I love the Harry Potter themed shower and that they are doing a themed nursery as well! My hubby and I have been trying for a baby since October and we have talked about what we want in a nursery. It will definitely be Harry Potter themed as well! We talk about a baby shower theme and I want a Harry Potter/Ironman theme since my hubby and I are both Ironman triathletes.

7 Kelly @ Noodle to the Rescue April 25, 2016 at 3:02 pm

This is the coolest baby shower I’ve ever seen! Maybe you could feature the nursery??? Would love to see it.
How great that Annalynn will have so many cousins! All boys too! It doesn’t look like my kids will have any cousins which is a little sad, but I pretty much treat my best friends’ kids like cousins so at least there’s that!
Kelly @ Noodle to the Rescue recently posted..Weekend [April 22-24]

8 Bridgette April 25, 2016 at 3:53 pm

The Harry Potter shower theme is absolutely precious!
Also, I don’t know what you mean by “attempted the owl cupcakes” they came out great!!!!

9 Ash Diamond April 25, 2016 at 5:13 pm

What an awesome shower! Also, Ben looks SO mature with that beard!
Ash Diamond recently posted..Friday Favorites – April 22nd, 2016

10 Chelsea April 26, 2016 at 8:00 pm

I LOVE Harry Potter, so naturally, I loved your brother’s proposal and this themed baby shower. How cool! (And I think your owl cupcakes look great!)

11 Jenn April 27, 2016 at 7:51 am

Awesome shower! Do you happen to know where your sister-in-law got the dress she wore? Is it maternity? I’m expecting and always on the lookout for cute clothes.

12 Meghann April 27, 2016 at 11:43 am

I believe she got it from Marshall’s. She’s been really good at finding dresses that aren’t maternity, but still work.

13 Tina May 5, 2016 at 4:19 pm

Very cool shower theme. I like it a lot. My favorite part are the owl cupcakes. They seem delicious!

Thank You!