Annalynn: 6 Months

by Meghann on April 1, 2016

Happy 6 months, Annalynn!

6 months

I can’t believe we’ve reached the halfway point of your first year!

Your official weigh-in isn’t until Monday, but I’m guessing you’re about 16 lbs. You’re in size 3 diapers and wearing 6 month clothes.

IMG_9830

Milestones

Right now you’re working really hard at sitting up unassisted. Depending on your mood, you can hold yourself for a few seconds at a time. You do better when you have a toy to distract yourself while sitting.

IMG_9853

Textures. You love textures. You love to touch and feel everything to see if it’s rough, smooth, furry, etc. Daddy’s beard is a particular favorite of yours, you love to rub his face while he makes funny faces.

20160312_160453

Tomorrow you’ll graduate from your first water babies class and move up to the parent-led level 1 swim class. We started water babies when you were 6 weeks old! Back then graduation seemed so far away and now it’s here. *sniff *sniff  We’ve both really enjoyed water babies and I’m looking forward to the next levels.

20160305_105839

Finally, you’ve developed a little bit of “stranger danger” this month. If you’re being held by someone new and can’t see mommy or daddy, then it’s a no-go. On one hand it’s kind of nice to feel that loved and wanted, on the other hand sometimes mommy wants to sit on the couch and let your great-aunt hold you for a few minutes.

Sleeping

You’re still sleeping in the pack ‘n’ play next to our bed at night. I tried to move you to your crib in your room earlier last month, but that didn’t last long. The walk across the house got old really quick. You still get up anywhere between 1-3 times at night and it’s just so much easier to either roll over and stuff a binky in your mouth or pick you up and bring you into bed to eat. I also had some high hopes of doing moderate sleep training, but that didn’t pan out either. Maybe I’ll get some courage to try again this month.

In other sleeping news, we decided to transition you out of your sleep suit this week. You were getting really close to rolling over in the Merlin Suit, which was a sign it was time to go. The first night was rough, really rough, but I’m told it will get better. Oh, please, let it get better. Though I’ll miss the suit, it’s actually a little nicer getting you ready for bed and only having to worry about putting PJs on – it saves a step.

Eating

You’re still nursing around the clock. I started sending a 5th bottle to daycare and some days you’ll drink all 5 and others you’ll only drink 4. You’ve also started holding your own bottle when eating (a fact that really impresses your daddy).

I’ve been waiting for you to give daddy or I a sign that you’re ready to start solids, but you don’t seem super interested at the moment. I’ve been reading up on Baby Led Weaning and am pretty excited to start that process as soon as you’re ready. I still can’t believe we’re at this point. I guess “real” food we’ll be our next big adventure!

20160313_124830

Misc

We’re still trying to figure out you’re eye color. They’ve always been dark, but right now they’re gray with hints of green and blue. I think you may end up with some dark hazel eyes.

IMG_9859

The first half of your first year has really flown by. It’s amazing how much you’ve grown. You love to talk, you love to play, and you love to explore. I can’t wait to see the adventures your next 6 months will bring us on!

xoxo

1 Sana April 1, 2016 at 9:19 am

Annalynn is a cutie!

2 Amie April 1, 2016 at 9:35 am

It’s amazing how babies the same age can be so similar and so different at the same time! My girl is a couple days younger than yours and they sound exactly the same when it comes to sleep which makes me feel WAY better since I swear everyone else has babies sleeping through the night! We tried a “gentle” CIO one night and I just couldn’t do it. So back in the pack n play/our bed! But I figured if sleep is our biggest challenge then we are seriously lucky.

My girl rolled back to front a couple weeks after yours but is sitting on her own already, so we’ve actually already started BLW and it’s so much fun! I don’t think she’s actually swallowed much but she loves playing with her food and it makes supper way easier because she’s happily occupied! I’m excited to see what Annalynn thinks of it!

3 Meghan April 1, 2016 at 11:47 am

We’ll be sad not to see you at water babies anymore, but I’ll look forward to hearing about what the next level entails. I love reading your recaps and knowing what’s to come for us.
Meghan recently posted..Week in Review: Daycare Test Days

4 Kim April 1, 2016 at 11:49 am

She is just so adorable!

5 Julia April 1, 2016 at 11:56 am

I am so happy for you and your family. Your daughter is beautiful and has a beautiful, caring family.

6 Meagan Leanne April 1, 2016 at 1:08 pm

I can’t believe she’s already 6 months old! I feel like it wasn’t that long ago that I was waiting around to virtually meet her! She’s a cutie.
Meagan Leanne recently posted..Lunchtime Yummies

7 Stephanie @ My Freckled Life April 1, 2016 at 1:32 pm

Oh my goodness, she is so adorable! And I am with you on the eye color debate – my son is 10 months and I still feel like we’re trying to figure out what color his eyes are going to end up! Although I have heard that if they are still light by the time they turn 6 months, they will almost definitely stay light.
Stephanie @ My Freckled Life recently posted..New Mom Anxiety {Confessions of a new mom}

8 Jess April 1, 2016 at 7:31 pm

Wow time has flown! Happy 6 months! Insane how much they change in such a short time.
Jess recently posted..My Advice for Busy Mums trying to keep fit

9 Nikki April 2, 2016 at 6:39 am

Eye color is a funny thing. My 21 month old undeniably has blue eyes. My husband and I both have dark brown. Even our parents don’t have blue eyes. It skips 2 generations!

10 Mindy April 2, 2016 at 2:55 pm

You’re at the perfect age for BLW and I’m so glad you’re interested in it. I highly recommend joining the Facebook group Feeding Littles. It’s run by a pediatric nutritionist and feeding occupational therapist. They are huge leaders in the baby led weaning movement and the group is such a great resource.

11 goldie April 2, 2016 at 5:34 pm

I read that eye colour settles at 8 months. So there’s still time for a change! X
goldie recently posted..Have i got the blues?

12 Katy April 3, 2016 at 5:18 pm

I’d love to hear more about your sleep training! Also, is there a weight limit on the pack n play?

13 Laureen @Peachylau April 4, 2016 at 2:52 am

She looks so much like you in the first picture!

14 Reenie April 5, 2016 at 1:36 pm

I agree with Laureen ^ she looks so much like you in the first pic. So cute!