Recommitting with Grokker

by Meghann on March 2, 2016

This post is sponsored by Grokker.

It’s go time! This month I’m diving back into fitness with the goal of getting at least 3 20 minutes workouts a week. We all have to start somewhere and right now that seems to be all I can handle. I’m giving myself plenty of grace with what is considered a “workout.” Everything from a long walk to a high intensity workout video is fair game. I’ll be doing weekly check-ins on the blog to keep myself in check.

I was actually motivated to make this commitment thanks to a recent introduction to Grokker.

grokker1

Grokker is a streaming video network with full length, expert led, premium video classes in yoga, fitness, meditation and healthy cooking. The classes range from 10 minutes to 1 hour+ and there are 1500+ videos to choose from.

grokker2

Grokker is more than just a streaming service; it’s a community. The HD Grokker Premium videos are shot and produced in house with hand-picked expert instructors. The instructors don’t just film and leave, they’re available on the Grokker site to answer questions, share advice and provide motivation.

grokker3

You can schedule videos, track your activity, and follow other site users for motivation. The site is super easy to use and works on all devices. As a new mom, I really appreciate how convenient it is.

There’s also a cooking section with healthy recipes and easy to follow step-by-step videos.

grokker4

I’ve really been enjoying the 20 minute workouts on Grokker. Last week I completed a gentle Monday Morning Flow yoga class and an Abs on Fire Core Workout. I was feeling bendy after one and totally knocked out after the other. Ouch. Abs. Ouch. Since I don’t keep much in the way of gym equipment at home, I prefer body-weight exercises that still push me and this one definitely delivered.

Screen Shot 2016-02-28 at 8.39.36 PM

I also took advantage of the amazing weather we had this weekend and got a beautiful 3 mile run in on Saturday. It felt great to get outside again, especially after taking such a long break due to being sick.

Brooks PureFlow5

Care to join me on my belated resolution?

The first 100 readers to sign up get 30 days FREE unlimited access to thousands of videos. Just use the promo code NYNY16 at registration.  Click here to get started!

1 Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed March 2, 2016 at 11:32 am

Everyone has to start somewhere :)
Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed recently posted..My February Whole30: Days 17 – 20

2 Ash Diamond March 2, 2016 at 2:25 pm

Great job girl!!

3 Jess March 2, 2016 at 7:20 pm

Good on you! You can do a really effective workout in 20 minutes!
Jess recently posted..Fitness Fitting it in! -Twins at School, Toddler at home

4 Allison March 3, 2016 at 9:47 am

Good job! With my first baby I didn’t want to do regular exercise until we weaned, this time I was ready around 3 months. I just wanted to caution you with the abs stuff. make sure any diastasis recti is healed before doing planks or crunches, it can hinder your healing and make belly pooch/pelvic floor issues worse, now and in subsequent pregnancies.

5 Erin @ LivingEZ March 3, 2016 at 4:52 pm

Glad to hear you found something you like! At-home workouts were my bread-and-butter until my daughter was old enough to enjoy the jogging stroller.
Erin @ LivingEZ recently posted..Photo Tip Friday: Save Your Glass

6 Meghan March 3, 2016 at 5:49 pm

I want to get back to doing something, but besides walks I’m nervous about milk supply. I’m interested to hear how yours is effected, if at all, as you start working out more.
Meghan recently posted..Olivia’s 3 Month Update

7 EB @ Running on E March 3, 2016 at 6:50 pm

Wow, this sounds like a great service esp when traveling. I always have trouble getting the right workouts in when on the road for work. Sounds like you really like it and it’s working for you!
EB @ Running on E recently posted..February Recap

8 [email protected] March 9, 2016 at 7:26 pm

Once I am cleared to workout again I will totally need something like this that I can do at home!

9 Ashley March 23, 2016 at 8:47 am

So how’s this going for you? So much for the weekly check in, eh? 😉