Life Updates

by Meghann on February 24, 2016

Hi Friends. Sorry to have disappeared there. Life got a little crazy for a minute and I had to shift my priorities.

12747331_10107241433321423_8099766743593439682_o

The plague that took over our household has finally dissipated, minus a lingering stuffy nose that Annalynn can’t seem to shake. Derek and I are both still in recovery mode, lately we’ve been falling asleep on the couch right after we put Annalynn to bed each night at 8:00 p.m.  Last night I fell asleep with my laptop on my lap, thankfully it only fell to the pillows of the couch, instead of directly to the floor.

I recently started a new job (still in the same company, just a different department), which has been a fun new adventure to embark on. I’ve had the same role for 3 years now and, while I’ve really enjoyed my former role, I’m looking forward to a fresh start in a new position. So far I’m really loving it. I’m learning a ton and re-discovering new passion for a company I’ve always loved.

TeamSocial

I do have some big news on the family front. Annalynn will be welcoming TWO boy cousins into the family this summer.

That’s right, both my sister-in-law and sister recently discovered they’re expecting boys. We’re pumped. Two more adorable nephews to spoil and snuggle with. I’m one proud aunt over here.

Right now life is moving about a million miles a minute. The weekdays are tough and super busy, but they make the weekends worth it ten times over. Annalynn is growing like a weed and I can’t believe she’ll be 5 months on Tuesday (holy crap?!). Her little personality grows and shines everyday.

FSU Onesie

I’m doing good. I get in walks when I can, and try not to take a single moment with my family for granted. I’m going to try hard to get some more blog posts up in the next couple of weeks, including some exciting updates with Brooks Running! I was trying to move away from so many baby-related posts, but then discovered I don’t have much else to write about since that’s pretty much all my life is at the moment. :)

Thank you for your patience!

1 Rosey Rebecca February 24, 2016 at 4:02 pm

I actually almost tweeted to you yesterday to see if everything was ok. Glad to hear everyone is feeling better! Take it from me, I know all too well how life can get in the way of blogging. You do you and don’t apologize. We’re still here reading!! Congrats to your sister and sister-in-law! Little boys are adorable. <3
Rosey Rebecca recently posted..Vegetarian Huevos Rancheros & Slow Cooker Refried Beans

2 Kelsey February 24, 2016 at 7:22 pm

Long time lurker, very rare commenter here. Don’t feel like you have to apologize for living your life! We love to hear any update – whether it’s about your baby or your job or working out, that’s your life! Thanks for popping in to say hello!

3 Katie @ Live Half Full February 24, 2016 at 10:13 pm

Don’t apologize for sharing about your baby! It’s your life and your blog! I feel the same way though, and I have to remind myself that. :)
Katie @ Live Half Full recently posted..Take Time Tuesday: It’s Been Awhile

4 Valerie @ Geaux Momma February 25, 2016 at 12:02 am

Glad you popped in. Enjoy you life as much as you can. Soak it in they are only little for so short of a time.
Valerie @ Geaux Momma recently posted..How To Do A 7 Day Meal Plan

5 Jess February 25, 2016 at 5:33 am

Aw she is so cute! And blog as much as you want about her! She is adorable!!
Jess recently posted..Fitness Fitting it in! -Twins at School, Toddler at home

6 Cara February 25, 2016 at 8:45 am

I’m with everyone else, no need to apologize! We love to hear what’s up with you and your sweet family…:) Congrats to everyone on the new babes to be!!
Cara recently posted..Friday Favorites

7 Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood February 25, 2016 at 8:52 pm

Congrats to your sister and SIL! Your sister had her first son a few months after I had mine, and I’m due with my second son next month! hahaha Funny how that works out!
Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood recently posted..Ryan Richard: 21 Months

8 Michelle @ Run4Life February 25, 2016 at 8:57 pm

Aww she is adorable! Congratulations on the new position – a little bit of change this time of year is always exciting :-)

9 Erin @ LivingEZ February 26, 2016 at 12:49 am

Ahh so awesome that you will get two new nephews!! I don’t know how you manage to be a parent, work full time AND blog, so I’m always super impressed no matter what the content ?

10 Reenie February 26, 2016 at 11:23 am

*Annalynn is adorable. Love pics and posts about her.
*Glad everyone is feeling better.
*WOW!! Hard to believe you’ve been there 3 years. Congrats on the new position.
*Congrats on 2 new nephews arriving in your family.

xo