Annalynn: 4 Months

by Meghann on February 1, 2016

Happy 4 months, Annalynn!

4 month update

You are over 14 pounds now and 25.25 inches long. You’re still in size 2 diapers (though we switched you to size 3 for overnight) and fit comfortably in all of your 6 month clothing.

Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 8.17.26 PM

Milestones

You stole the hearts of all the teachers when you started daycare last month. Mommy cried the first time we dropped you off, but you handled it like a champ. All the teachers love you and tell me how great of a baby you are. You love to sing songs, look at photo books, and play with the other babies.

IMG_9559

Unfortunately it didn’t take you long to pick up  your first daycare cold. The first two nights were really rough, but I think we’re on the road to recovery (*knock on wood*). I know this is only the first of many as you work hard at building your immune system.

You’ve gotten really good at grabbing things with your hands and bringing them to your mouth. We gave you your first frozen teething ring last week and you LOVED it. I haven’t noticed any teeth popping through yet, but all of that drool and desire to nibble on everything definitely lets us know you’ve officially entered the “teething stage” of infancy.

teething ring

Sleeping

I’m not sure what happened with my awesome sleeper, but you seemed to have hit a bit of a sleep regression last month. Long gone are those 8 hour stretches you were teasing us with a couple of months ago, now we’re thanking our lucky stars if you sleep 4. I like to think you just miss us during the day and want to make up for it at night.

Unfortunately you’re not the biggest fan of napping at daycare. The longest nap we’ve seen at daycare is 45 minutes, but you usually average 30. We understand you’re still getting used to a new environment and it’s probably tough to sleep with the lights on and all the commotion. We’re still hopeful you’ll get used to it. Luckily you’re still an awesome napper at home on the weekends. You’ll give solid 3 hour stretches and go down with ease.

Eating

After fighting the bottle when I first went back to work, you’re finally starting to enjoy it. You take 3 oz bottles with a smile now and love to eat (just like your momma).

We’re still nursing in the mornings, evenings, and on the weekends. I’m working really hard at weaning you from the nipple shield. Some days are better than others. You’ve latched a few times with out it when you were super hungry. I remain hopeful that one day it will just click and we can discard that piece of plastic for good.

IMG_9569

Odds & Ends

You are 100% a Daddy’s girl. No one can make you smile or laugh like you’re daddy. You have him wrapped around your little finger and he wouldn’t have it any other way. He really loved the special two weeks he had with you while he was on paternity leave last month. It makes my hearts burst knowing the special bond the two of you share. 🙂

20151231_170205

You are such a happy baby. I can’t wait to see what the next month brings with you in it!

1 Stacey February 1, 2016 at 2:02 pm

That is one cute baby!
Stacey recently posted..Frustration with “healthy living blogs”

2 Erin @ LivingEZ February 1, 2016 at 2:35 pm

So adorable!! Those cheeks ?
Erin @ LivingEZ recently posted..Self-Guided Blue Mountains Day Trip

3 Gianna @ Run, Lift, Repeat February 1, 2016 at 3:08 pm

She’s so precious!
Gianna @ Run, Lift, Repeat recently posted..TOL: Random Tangents

4 Ashley February 1, 2016 at 3:14 pm

I love how the point of view these are written from. She’s sooo adorable.

5 Nicole February 1, 2016 at 4:50 pm

She’s so adorable! I wonder if you just hit the 4 months sleep regression a little early? Or like you said, she’s not eating and sleeping as much during the day at day care so she makes up for it at night. It’ll be interesting to see if/when it goes back to the 8 hour stretches! My little one turns 4 months Wednesday and so far no sleep regression but I’m not getting my hopes up yet.
Nicole recently posted..Call Me Coach

6 Rebekah Smith February 1, 2016 at 4:53 pm

She looks just like you momma!

7 Cindy D February 1, 2016 at 5:07 pm

She’s adorable! Can’t believe how much she looks like you in the first two pictures. Congratulations!!

8 Allison February 1, 2016 at 5:39 pm

Haha! Those were exactly my daughters 4 months stats too!

9 Kelli @ Hungry Hobby February 2, 2016 at 8:31 am

So cute, congrats!
Kelli @ Hungry Hobby recently posted..Gluten Free Mini Corn Dog Bites

10 Melissa February 2, 2016 at 9:15 am

Ok, the first thing I thought when I saw the top picture was that she looks like you! I can totally see your smile in her. Then the second thing was the picture of her and daddy made me tear up. I’m such a sap.
Melissa recently posted..What it’s Like Being a Ballet Dancer

11 Janay February 2, 2016 at 9:53 am

She is adorable and has changed so much! My little man will be 4 months next Friday and it’s crazy to see how much he’s changed. I dropped him off at daycare for the first time this morning and it was rough for this momma. I’m hoping it gets better!

12 Laura February 2, 2016 at 8:53 pm

Have you tried using a nipple extractor? My son was dependent on the nipple shield as well to latch but I found that using the extractor then pinching the breast from below to flatten the nipple so that it hits the back of his mouth works wonders!

13 Lindsay February 2, 2016 at 9:05 pm

My baby, now 9 months, also doesn’t nap much at daycare!! He started at 3.5 months & they had to put him to sleep on his back & he was a tummy sleeper. So at that point he was not sleeping at all. All day long!!!! Imagine my horror & worry! Once he rolled over at 5.5 months, they placed him when he fell asleep in their arms on his tummy & he sleeps. But again just in 30, 45 min, sometimes 1 hour stretches. I don’t know if it’s the bed, the sounds, the noises or what. He sleeps 2-3 hours here at home. I hope yours gets better at sleeping longer as she gets used to the sounds!

14 Nikki February 3, 2016 at 7:33 am

What is a Nose Freida?

15 Whitney S. February 3, 2016 at 9:50 pm

My little girl started daycare at 7 weeks and wasn’t much of a napper there! It was almost our joke in the evenings to see how little she slept :/ Daycare naps didn’t really click for her until she was about 20 months old. I promise it’s normal! As is the sleep regression. In a few months, you’ll hardly remember this phase (which is sad and scary and so exciting all at the same time).

16 Stephanie February 6, 2016 at 8:37 am

The last picture of your husband holding her looks like she is doing fighting/boxing hands saying “don’t try to take me from my Daddy” lol. Super cute.

17 Shauna February 6, 2016 at 3:43 pm

She is your twin, so cute!