Annalynn: 3 Months

by Meghann on January 1, 2016

Hello, big girl! You’re 3 months old today!

3 month update

I swear you get cuter and cuter with each passing day. You’re over 12 pounds now, still in size 2 diapers, and really stretching the limits of your 3 month clothes. We’re in the process of retiring a lot of your 3 month onesies and moving you into 6 months. It’s always fun when we move you up since it opens up a whole new section of your wardrobe!

IMG_9303

Milestones

You’re standing, girl! Well, sort of. Sitting up is no longer enough for you, you like to be held up on your feet so you can see the world. You also like to wiggle and shake in that position – you’re a mover and a groover.

20151227_105115

You’re very determined to roll over. Anytime we put you on the floor, or your activity mat, you automatically put your legs up in the air and attempt to trust yourself to the side. You’re soooo close, but that darn arm keeps getting in the way. I think you’re going to get it soon.

IMG_8850

Toys are really starting to interest you. You love rattles, things that shake, and mirrors. You received a couple of tummy time toys for Christmas, that you really seem to enjoy. They bring tummy time to a whole new level.

20151226_174344

Finally, you’ve discovered your hands. You enjoy studying them and have to have them in your mouth whenever possible.

IMG_9313

Sleeping

I really hate to write anything about your sleeping habits for fear I’m going to jinx it. We’ve been really, really lucky with you, kiddo. You usually only wake up once or twice at night and will occasionally give us stretches of 8+ hours of sleep.

You’re also a rockstar napper (*knock on wood*). You take a one hour and two hour nap in the morning and a two hour nap in the afternoon. You definitely nap best in your own room. You’re not a fan of napping on-the-go, or at someone else’s house. In fact, you really struggle whenever we break you from your normal routine. The holidays were definitely tough for you.

Eating

We did it! Three months of breastfeeding! High five!

20151227_160409

I feel like 3 months is a milestone in the world of breastfeeding. We survived the very difficult newborn stage and can now move on to the working mom/daycare stage. I heard this stage is just as difficult as the newborn portion so my fingers are still crossed for us. So far we’ve both survived my first couple of days back at work. I pumped every three hours and you reluctantly took bottles from you daddy. Each day was better than the day before, so I’m optimistic for our future.

On another note, you’re finally starting to stretch your nursing sessions from every 2 hours to every 3 hours. (woo hoo!) You’re still cluster feeding at night before bed, but I like to think you’re just gearing up for a long stretch of sleep.

Odds & Ends

Everyone warned me time would move at lightning speed once you were here. I still can’t believe it’s been 3 months of cuddles, kisses, and love. While I love watching you grow and cheering on your new accomplishments, it makes me a little weepy to think how big you are. Daddy and I cleaned out your dresser last week and finally packed up all  of your newborn onesies. I can’t believe some of those outfits used to be big on you! They look so tiny now. Sniff. Sniff.

20151229_183835

The next month is going to be hard as I go back to work full time and you start daycare. We’ll just have to make sure the evenings and weekends are extra special.

I love you to the moon and back.

xoxo,

Mom

1 Danielle January 1, 2016 at 11:48 am

She’s beautiful! Her eyebrows and baby hair looks almost red!

2 Meghann January 1, 2016 at 1:27 pm

I think they look red sometimes, too!

3 Reenie January 4, 2016 at 10:57 am

I was going to say the same thing…. I think you may have a lil red haired girl there….. love. xo

4 Elizabeth January 1, 2016 at 1:22 pm

What a cutie! But oh no don’t talk about good sleeping! Mine is just 2wk older than yours and she was also consistently sleeping 7hr first stretch with one or two wake ups (sometimes as much as 9.5hr!) for over a month when recently she just stopped sleeping. Up every 30min to 2hr for over a week. Now we’re back to 4hr stretches but its honestly worse than when she was a newborn! The only we can figure that changed were some developmental leaps and the fact I attended an infant drop-in program on sleep and she got some ideas from the other babies, haha. Right now we’re hoping this is an early 4mo sleep regression and that this too shall pass… And I hear you on the moving lightening fast. We had to cold turkey our daughters swaddle when she rolled on her own a few days ago and I cried thinking how I’d never get to lift our smiling little baby burrito out of her crib after a nap again! Wah!

5 Meghann January 1, 2016 at 1:26 pm

Ahhh! I’ve heard horror stories about the 4 month sleep regression, I’m not looking forward to it. Good luck!

6 Alice January 5, 2016 at 8:33 am

It doesn’t happen to everyone. My daughter (now 2.5) never hit any of the supposed “sleep regressions”. So maybe you’ll be lucky. :)

7 Nicole January 1, 2016 at 1:32 pm

Happy 3 months! Our daughter will be 3 months Sunday and they have a lot in common! I feel the same way about the newborn clothes! I can’t even believe that they used to hang off her and now she’s nearly busting out of 3 months at times. It all goes so fast but it sounds like you’re making the most of it!
Nicole recently posted..2015 in Review

8 Ana January 1, 2016 at 2:40 pm

She’s so cute! You are definitely lucky when it comes to sleep. My 4 month old naps very inconsistently. Some days 2 naps some days 4, anywhere from 20 min to an hour… :( We’re also having a sleep regression, waking up at night every 2 to 3 hours. This too shall pass, right? Btw, your hair looks great.

9 Stacey January 1, 2016 at 2:43 pm

Aw, happy three months, sweet girl!! This post made me choke up a bit. So precious!
Stacey recently posted..Happy 2016!

10 Melissa January 1, 2016 at 4:50 pm

You have a beautiful little girl. :) Such a sweet little smile!
Melissa recently posted..My New Years Resolution – Yes, Only One!

11 Lisa January 2, 2016 at 9:27 am

The 4 month sleep regression is the worst! It’s especially evil because it begins shortly after you go back to work. But it only lasts a few weeks and mine came out of it doing 12 hour stretches at night. Daycare helps wear them out during the day and sleep all night long.

12 Kelli @ Hungry Hobby January 3, 2016 at 3:40 pm

:) This was especially sweet!
Kelli @ Hungry Hobby recently posted..Tips to Drink More Water

13 Katie D. January 4, 2016 at 8:18 am

I’m a working momma and it is hard, but so rewarding! I think working makes me a better mom because I get a dose of adult time and it makes me prioritize and cherish my time with Eleanor. I pumped until a year and we still breastfeed before bed (18 months!). You can do it!

14 Tracy January 5, 2016 at 4:50 pm

Love the onesie! Where did you find it?

15 Meghan March 3, 2016 at 5:53 pm

It’s fun going back and reading this after posting Olivia’s. They have a lot in common at this age (of course…ha!). Do you remember her awake time at this age? Olivia will take a 1.5-2 hour nap in the morning and then another 45-hour, but the afternoon gets sketchy. Do you remember what time you were putting her to bed and/or when that 2 hour afternoon nap fell? I’d like to get one two hour nap instead of two shorter chunks.
Meghan recently posted..Olivia’s 3 Month Update