Annalynn: One Month

by Meghann on November 1, 2015

Happy One Month, Baby Girl!

1 month update

A month already?!? Where does the time go?!?

We went out to dinner on Friday night (and by “out to dinner” I mean to the local quick-service taco place down the street) and there was a teeny-tiny newborn there that made my baby look so grown up in comparison. It’s amazing how much babies change in such a short amount of time. In the span of a month, Annalynn went from this teeny-tiny creature that I was afraid of breaking, to this active little person who loves to kick, squirm, and see the world.

IMG_7883

My little peanut still fits into her newborn clothes, but is also starting to rock her 0-3 month stuff. Mama is very happy about that fact, as we only had a handful of newborn sizes and she goes through a lot of outfit changes in a week. Three cheers for an expanded wardrobe!

Annalynn loves going for walks in the stroller, especially doing laps around the mall where she likes to look around and take everything in. She also loves being worn in the K’Tan, which is great for when mama needs both of her hands to accomplish a task.

Screen Shot 2015-10-30 at 1.56.39 PM

We had our first big outing last week when we met the rest of my family at a pumpkin patch about 35 minutes from our house. I was a little nervous since Annalynn has been cluster feeding a lot recently, but she handled it like a champ. I nursed her when we first arrived and nursed her when we were ready to leave. Besides that, she pretty much slept the rest of the time.

IMG_7783

Annalynn also celebrated her first Halloween yesterday.

1st Halloween

And by “celebrate” I mean we took a cute first Halloween photo then turned all the lights off in the house and pretended we weren’t home. Maybe next year we’ll do a little more celebrating, but for now mama’s milk is all the “treats” she needs. 😉

By the way, we’re finally starting to really nail this whole breastfeeding thing (full update HERE). Baby girl is starting to latch like a pro (with the assistance of the nipple shield still) and we’re even starting to master nursing public with a cover. Unfortunately Annalynn LOVES to cluster feed, which has been a tough new development for both of us. There are some days when we really don’t leave the couch. The evenings are usually the hardest, as all she wants to do is eat from 6pm-10pm. However; we’re really lucky that she’s usually a good sleeper after cluster feeding (*knock on wood*) and we had our first 5 hr stretch of sleep last week (woo hoo!).

Speaking of sleep, oh how I miss thee. Today also marks a month since our last full night of sleep. I have to keep telling myself that this is all short term (gulp) and we’ll eventually get to sleep through the night again. Maybe I’ll learn to master the “sleep when the baby sleeps” thing everyone is talking about, but if I did that, when the heck would I get crap done?!

12186316_10106841350780043_8893853869526873346_o

The first month with Annalynn has been nothing short of amazing (even with  little-to-no sleep and initial stress over breastfeeding). I look forward to seeing what the next month brings!

1 Kelly November 1, 2015 at 8:18 pm

I am so glad things are going well! I have an Anna at home myself. 🙂 The sleep is rough, however my daughter is 11 months old and still has yet to sleep through the night. It is so routine now, but crazy to think how long it has been since a full night of sleep. Hope you have better luck!

2 Meagan November 1, 2015 at 8:53 pm

How has it been one month already! Time needs to stop flying by! But seriously, your family is adorable and I can’t wait to go through this myself 🙂
Meagan recently posted..Week in Pictures

3 Nicole November 1, 2015 at 9:30 pm

It goes so fast! Siena is 1 Month on Wednesday and I have a lot of the same observations! And yes I totally thought I’d’ve better about sleeping when baby sleeps but I probably only take a nap 3 times a week. But, I tend to stay in bed at night for 10-12 hours and usually get to sleep 6-7 of those!
Nicole recently posted..Inspirational Mother Runners

4 Dietitian Jess November 2, 2015 at 7:47 am

I love her little Annalynn onesie- sooo cute! Sounds like you are doing awesome momma!
Dietitian Jess recently posted..Training for a Marathon with the Worst Injury Ever

5 Katie D. November 2, 2015 at 8:07 am

Eleanor is 16 months and has only slept through the night a handful of times. I was a serious 8 hours of sleep per nighter before having a child and it is amazing how your body adjusts and adapts!

6 Sarah @ Seriously Lovely November 2, 2015 at 8:34 am

Wow, a whole month old already! She’s so sweet!
On a side note, can I ask how you like your stroller/car seat so far? I noticed from the picture it looks like the one we’re considering (the chicco bravo travel system) and I’m just curious if you’re happy with it? We’re feeling a little overwhelmed with all the choices out there, so firsthand experiences really help!
Sarah @ Seriously Lovely recently posted..Pregnancy: Week 23

7 Meghann November 2, 2015 at 12:59 pm

Yes it’s the Chicco Bravo Travel system and we love it! I wanted something that wasn’t bulky and could easily convert as baby grows. Highly recommend it!

8 Sarah @ Seriously Lovely November 3, 2015 at 4:57 pm

Thanks Meghann! I really liked how easy it was to fold and the car seat gets great safety ratings, but it’s really nice to hear from someone who’s actually using it!
Sarah @ Seriously Lovely recently posted..My Favorite Eyeliner: Maybelline Define-a-Line Eyeliner

9 Valerie @ Geaux Momma November 2, 2015 at 9:13 am

She is so beautiful! Forget about the sleep when baby sleeps thing, that is what people who never had a baby say. Also, around 6 weeks you will most likely get her to sleep for longer periods of time…hang in there!
Valerie @ Geaux Momma recently posted..What I’m Thankful For Thursday Part 1

10 Kelly November 2, 2015 at 4:07 pm

Annalynn is precious! Love her “first Halloween” outfit. Even with an almost-2 year old I was a Halloween slacker this year. I figure this is the last year that I’ll be able to get away with it, so I’m going to embrace it.
I’m so glad that breast-feeding has been going so well! Congrats on making it through one-month!
Kelly recently posted..Halloween Weekend

11 Lindsay @ A Runnaroundd Life November 2, 2015 at 4:39 pm

She is so perfect. I would just stare at her all day long, ha! :))))

12 Lindsey @ Simply Lindsey November 3, 2015 at 8:31 am

I can’t believe she’s already 1 month old! I love these updates because it gives me a taste of what life will be like once our little boy is here in January!
Lindsey @ Simply Lindsey recently posted..Weekly Meal Plan & Weekend in Review!

13 Jess November 3, 2015 at 9:48 am

Yeah “sleep when the baby sleeps” also assumes someone else can take care of your day to day tasks.
Come to think of it I don’t think I cooked once before my baby was 2 months old. Take out and Trader Joe’s meals for the win!

That said my daughter and I had some nice lazy days watching netflix while she nursed.

Glad you are enjoying the Ktan it’s my favorite carrier!

14 Sherri November 3, 2015 at 6:06 pm

She is adorable! Word to the wise – make sure you are resting enough between the cluster feedings. Hard to do , but I know I over did it at times, which just complicated things. It is amazing how much rest you really do need being a new mom!

15 Jess November 4, 2015 at 5:14 am

It all goes way too fast! She is gorgeous! And she still looks really really tiny to me! Such a sweet baby. Hope you are able to get more sleep month two. None of mine slept through until much much much older. Now as long as I get enough hours I am fine with broken sleep.
Jess recently posted..Happy 5th Birthday to my beautiful girls!

16 Sara November 4, 2015 at 8:49 am

The time goes by fast! It’s so cool to watch them change and grow.
Sara recently posted..Banana Walnut Bread

17 Linda @ The Fitty November 5, 2015 at 10:46 am

Annalynn is a small! I can’t wait t each her few up. She CA the look back on mommy’s (your) blog and see how much she’s grown.
Linda @ The Fitty recently posted..Food Photo Dump + An Update!

18 Jane @janerunswild.com November 5, 2015 at 8:53 pm

Love her Halloween outfit! My best friend has a 5 month old, and has been experiencing everything you have! Good luck with it all! They are so worth it 🙂

19 Stacey November 7, 2015 at 9:02 am

How cute is she?? I love how she’s posing with her hands behind her head in the Halloween picture. Adorable!
Stacey recently posted..The heat doesn’t bother me anyway… and why running slow is so good for you

20 Karen @ Not Just Celery November 8, 2015 at 11:01 am

Can’t believe she’s one month already. Such a cutie!