Pregnancy: 38 Weeks

by Meghann on September 27, 2015

It’s the final countdown! Lucky 38 is my last full week of pregnancy!

38 weeks

Baby girl is now the size of a leek!

What a week it’s been! Derek and I are in full preparation mode. We’ve set up the pack & play, finally installed the carseat, did ALL THE LAUNDRY, cleaned the house top to bottom, and packed our bags for the hospital. I’ve also officially handed everything off at work. My last day in the office is Tuesday and I feel confident leaving everything in my co-workers’ very capable hands.

Now all we have to do is wait, rest up, and twiddle our thumbs. We had a date night on Friday (not sure why I thought it would be a good idea to see the movie Everest in my over hormonal state – I was blubbering mess at the end) and are planning one final “fancy meal” on Wednesday night before the scheduled surgery.

I also spent Saturday at Epcot’s Food & Wine Festival. I haven’t missed Food & Wine in over 6 years, so I wanted to make sure to get at least one trip in.

epcot38weeks

Unfortunately going during opening weekend was a terrible idea. The crowds were terrible and the lines for food were outrageous. My parents and I only ended up staying a couple of hours before we called it quits. At least I got my last Disney trip in before baby girl comes.

I had my pre-op appointment with the doctor who will be doing my surgery on Thursday. She is amazing and I’m really happy I was able to get all my questions answered ahead of time. Baby girl is still obviously transverse (the doctor even made a joke about how uncomfortable I must be by how she’s positioned, but at this point I don’t know any different). We discussed immediate skin-to-skin and she told me she wouldn’t have it any other way.

After the appointment I signed some papers, was handed my full medical history to take to the hospital, and was on my way.

I still can’t believe we’re only a few days away. I don’t think it has really hit me yet that she’ll be HERE on Thursday. It still seems like this is all a big dream and I’m going to wake up and discover none of it is real. I keep pinching myself to prove to myself this is really happening. I’m going to be a mom. Derek is going to be a dad. Maddie is going to be a big sister. And we’re going to have this precious little miracle that will rely on us for everything. Our lives are about to change in a big way and we couldn’t be more excited about it.

1 krissy murphy September 27, 2015 at 7:39 pm

Yay! Can’t wait to see her pretty face <3
krissy murphy recently posted..Prepping and Nesting: Week 26

2 Beth September 27, 2015 at 8:14 pm

My baby is 14 months old and I still have to pinch myself!
Beth recently posted..Mowing the grassΒ

3 Molly September 27, 2015 at 8:26 pm

Long time lurker commenting to wish you the best of luck with delivery and the little one. You are going to be SUCH a good mom. What a lucky girl to be entering into such a loving family.

4 Caroline @ The Little Things Blog September 27, 2015 at 9:22 pm

Enjoy these last few days as you prepare for your little one to arrive!
Caroline @ The Little Things Blog recently posted..NOTW + Friday Facts

5 Katie @ Live Half Full September 27, 2015 at 11:09 pm

Good luck!!! Glad you’re feeling ready!
Katie @ Live Half Full recently posted..Meals and Workouts 9/27-10/3

6 Stephanie September 28, 2015 at 12:05 am

Be patient
be kind
be gentle
to yourself.

7 Jess September 28, 2015 at 7:09 am

How exciting! Enjoy the last days of pregnancy. I hope everything goes really well with your Cesar! Xo
Jess recently posted..Why I like Nutrimetics and Competition Time!

8 Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood September 28, 2015 at 9:12 am

So exciting!! I’m shocked you were able to sit through a movie!! When I was thta big sitting for more than 10 minutes in one position was the worst!
Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood recently posted..Best of the Weekend: The Great Outdoors

9 Kim September 28, 2015 at 10:04 am

Good luck Mama!

10 Mrs. B September 28, 2015 at 10:20 am

You are going to do great! Just continue to have a positive mindset. πŸ™‚ These are such precious moments so be sure to soak them in as much as you can. Such exciting times!!!

11 Stacey September 28, 2015 at 10:27 am

You’re almost there, mama!! Still looking gorgeous, I may add πŸ™‚
Stacey recently posted..So, you want to run an ultra…

12 Paige September 28, 2015 at 12:09 pm

So happy for you!!!! Can’t wait to “see” her!

13 Reenie September 28, 2015 at 12:21 pm

Can’t wait to see your baby girl…. and know her name. I’ll be thinking of you and Derek.

14 Grace September 28, 2015 at 2:35 pm

Good luck! Enjoy and SAVOR these last few days of freedom and solitude to rest and relax before you’re thrown into the crazy whirlwind of the “fourth” trimester.
This is the taper before the next 18+ year long IronMan of motherhood begins. πŸ˜‰

15 alyson September 28, 2015 at 2:57 pm

Ahhh best wishes to you and your growing family, Meghann! It’s been so amazing to watch you on your journey.

16 Nathalie September 28, 2015 at 5:34 pm

Seriously can’t wait!! It’s been so lovely followibg you through this journey!
Wishing you all the best!
Will be waiting patiently πŸ™‚

17 Pam September 28, 2015 at 7:37 pm

Yay so excited for you!! I’ve been following along pretty much weekly watching your progress and super excited for the birth of your little girl. She is so lucky to be so wanted and loved!
I’m several weeks behind you at 23 weeks so it’s nice to see what I have to look forward to. I also have my belly ring still in. πŸ™‚
Pam recently posted..What Your Aching Joints and Digestive Discomfort May Have in Common

18 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner September 28, 2015 at 9:11 pm

Good luck! Can’t wait to see photos of Baby.
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Another Update

19 Katie D. September 29, 2015 at 8:23 am

Remember the first 6 weeks are about survival. Be kind to yourself (and Derek – those hormones can be WILD) and don’t be afraid to say “no” to unwanted visitors.

And remember to LAUGH! My hubby went on a 4 am donut run when Eleanor was 4 days old, we had been up all night and just going crazy and fresh donuts was what we needed to snap out of our funk!

20 Karen September 29, 2015 at 8:42 pm

Best of luck Meghan and Derrick… Been watching since the beginning.. So happy and excited for you! God Bless!!

21 Emily September 30, 2015 at 10:29 am

Ahh! Best of luck to you both, and soak up every minute of the experience you can. The births of my kids, both the good and the rough stuff, are some of my best memories πŸ™‚
Emily recently posted..A Plane Ticket Level of Commitment, and Coffee!

22 Stephanie September 30, 2015 at 10:40 am

Also wanted to mention-if you can today, get a pedicure. You will be so happy you did. While you are there make an appt for 6 weeks out. it is the PERFECT post baby treat that gets you some time out of the house to spoil yourself without taking too much time.

23 Kelly September 30, 2015 at 11:13 am

You’re having a baby tomorrow!!! Hard to believe the pregnancy journey is over and the being-a-mom journey is beginning (for the rest of your life)! I’ll be thinking of you. Can’t wait to “meet” Baby Girl via the internet. πŸ™‚
Kelly recently posted..Random Q&A

24 Liz September 30, 2015 at 11:19 am

Good luck!! I am a long time reader and currently 28 weeks along myself – can’t wait to see photos of your beautiful baby girl!

25 Amanda September 30, 2015 at 4:13 pm

How exciting!!! The big day is almost here!

26 Sara September 30, 2015 at 4:47 pm

Good luck! I can’t wait to the birth story and see pictures of your baby girl.
Sara recently posted..First Time Out, Without Baby

27 Colleen September 30, 2015 at 9:44 pm

May tomorrow be filled with endless love and appreciation of how precious life is – giving birth and meeting my three kids over the years definitely opened my eyes on life and what is important. Hugs to you and your soon to be bigger family.

28 Kay October 1, 2015 at 12:32 pm

Good luck today! I’m sure it’ll go so well πŸ™‚

29 Emily October 1, 2015 at 9:01 pm

I can NOT wait to see your lives change and bloom with this newest little addition! :))) <333
Emily recently posted..Why Stress Hurts and Trust Helps