Pregnancy: 37 Weeks

by Meghann on September 20, 2015

We’ve reached full term! Sort of, I know 40 weeks is really full term, but basically if I were to go into labor now they wouldn’t stop it.

37 weeks

Baby girl is now the size of a bunch of swiss chard.

We’re down to weekly appointments, which means I have to drive to the doctor office every Thursday to pee in a cup, have my blood pressure taken, and listen to the baby’s heart on the doppler (a sound that NEVER gets old). I had an awesome nurse practitioner this week who informed me she also has a bicornate uterus and had to have a c-section due to her first baby being breech, BUT she was also able to have a successful VBAC when her second baby presented head down. That story gave me hope and made me smile.

We didn’t have an ultrasound this week, but from what they could feel from the outside, they’re saying she’s still transverse. And I can tell you from comfort level that baby girl’s head is still lodged on my left side (a side she has favored for the last 10 or so weeks). In fact, you can tell how terribly disproportional my belly is in the photo the hubs took during our weekly photo session:

IMG_7584

Can you see how the bump is greater on the left side? Yep, that’s all baby girl making herself comfy over there.

Derek and I had our hospital tour today. We meant to take one earlier, but with our travel schedules, the fact that they only offer the tours on Sundays, and how they seem to fill up pretty fast, this was the first weekend we had free. We were definitely the farthest along in the group, but I’m actually glad we waited so everything will be fresh in our minds on baby day.

Fun fact: our daughter will actually be born in the same hospital as her dad! This is a fact that didn’t occur to me until today. I love it because I was actually born in the same hospital as my dad, so we’ll have that little fact in common. 🙂

The hospital tour was really informative and answered a lot of questions that Derek and I had. We’re such a newbies that it was nice to have our minds set at ease over a lot of things.

The hospital had also called earlier in the week to go over all of my pre-op stuff, which was also very informative. It’s kind of surreal how a scheduled c-section goes. Basically we check-in, go through admitting, go straight to pre-op, they wheel you into surgery, and then you have the baby. There’s no crazy build-up, no waiting in your room first, nada. It’s amazing how quickly we’ll get to meet our baby girl after we arrive.

I can’t believe how close we’re getting. Less than two weeks until baby girl is here! It’s definitely starting to feel real!

1 Johanna September 20, 2015 at 7:22 pm

How exciting! I loved the hospital tour. I was the furthest along in my group to and they took
us into a Labor & Delivery room and I had a hormonal moment and started crying because it just
became so real.
Johanna recently posted..Instagram Giveaway Time!!!

2 Sara September 20, 2015 at 7:48 pm

Wow, you can totally see her head on the left side. I loved our hospital tour too. You’re so close! 🙂
Sara recently posted..Thinking Out Loud Thursday 9.16.15

3 Sabrina Alexandra September 20, 2015 at 7:57 pm

She really looks cozy in there, but D day will be here so fast! Enjoy the last of this pregnancy as much as you can. What a blessing!
Sabrina Alexandra recently posted..Life Lately

4 Sara September 20, 2015 at 8:09 pm

Drink lots of water to help keep the swelling down these last couple of weeks!!

5 Katie @ Live Half Full September 20, 2015 at 10:03 pm

My little man is settled into my left side as well- it’s crazy! I’m 36 weeks tomorrow and it’s starting to feel REALLY real!
Katie @ Live Half Full recently posted..Meals & Workouts 9/20-2/27

6 Haley @ Running with diapers September 20, 2015 at 10:40 pm

My kids were born at the same hospital as me. It’s a good story for sure.
Rosalyn was frank breech for the last 5 weeks of my pregnancy. i couldn’t understand how she could be comfortable in a position like that.
Haley @ Running with diapers recently posted..Five Power Songs to Pump Up Your Workout

7 Nicole September 20, 2015 at 11:09 pm

You’re almost there! My baby also favors the left side -she’s basically been in the same position for 8 weeks or so which is crazy!

Glad you go to do the hospital tour – it definitely helped me to see where it’ll all go down!
Nicole recently posted..Bump date Weeks 38-39

8 goldie September 21, 2015 at 8:02 am

I was induced about this point. Can’t agree with sara enough. Lots of water and if you can take naps definitely do. I was so so so tired after having baby (and you do stay awake for 24 hours just admiring your newborn!) I wish I’d spent more time sleeping on the run up. X

9 Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood September 21, 2015 at 8:56 am

My hospital tour was actually virtual! I liked it that way since at the time my husband only had Sundays off so I’d either be going by myself or on his one day off. We ended up being sent to the hospital during my OB appt because of blood pressure 3 days before the actual D Day, so at least on the day of delivery we knew where to go exactly.
Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood recently posted..Phone Dump, Hashtag Style

10 Amanda September 21, 2015 at 9:04 am

How exciting that you’re so close!!! I know this has been a long journey for you guys. I can SO relate! I’m 9 weeks pregnant after a looooong struggle and a miscarriage…just like you! Hopefully we’ll get our happy ending just like you too 🙂 So happy for you guys and can’t wait to see pics of baby girl!

11 Kelly September 21, 2015 at 11:08 am

This reminds me that I need to schedule my hospital tour since we are in a different town now than when my 1st was born. I thought the tour was so comforting the 1st time so definitely need to get that on the schedule.
How sweet that Baby Girl will be born in the same hospital as her dad! My husband was born in the same town as our 2nd will be, but the hospital is new since then.
Kelly recently posted..Weekend Highlights

12 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner September 21, 2015 at 1:22 pm

How exciting! On a weird note, I always wondered if I would have to take my belly button ring out if I got pregnant…I guess not! 🙂 You look great!
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Another Update

13 Stacey September 21, 2015 at 2:23 pm

You’re getting so close!! Still lookin’ amazing, mama! Keep up the good work.
Stacey recently posted..For the first time in the past NINE years, I’m not sore the day after the Rochester Marathon…

14 Christy September 21, 2015 at 5:56 pm

What a fun, fun time!! I had a c-section scheduled but my water broke days before that. It was a shock and surreal experience. You never know! Good luck. 😀
Christy recently posted..Marathon Training – Weeks 10 & 11

15 Jess September 21, 2015 at 9:33 pm

Wow so close to the end! You look fabulous! Enjoy the last few weeks. I had two caesers and both went well.
Jess recently posted..Simple Exercise to Connect with Moment

16 jperlove October 23, 2015 at 1:15 pm

I wish you all the best. 🙂 Im taking conceiveeasy again for baby # 2, and keeping my fingers crossed for a baby girl. 🙂