more ยป" />

Maternity Photos

by Meghann on September 9, 2015

Derek and I had our maternity photos taken last weekend. I’ve known from the very beginning that I wanted to have maternity photos done, so when I was researching local photographers I had a handful of specific requirements I was looking for:

1. They had to take beautiful, natural photos (obviously ๐Ÿ™‚ ). I prefer photos that are candid and not from a studio. I also wanted to stay away from the stereotypical hands-shaped-like-a-heart-over-the-belly pics (or anything like this <- hilarious awkward maternity photos for the win!)
  2. They had to offer a package that would grow with the kid. I ended up purchasing a package that included maternity, newborn, 3 month, 6 month, 9 month, and year photos. I wasn’t originally looking for SO MANY photos, but the higher package ended up being a cheaper deal than the smaller one I was originally after. ย I know the first year can be hectic and move fast, so I wanted to make sure we were all set to document it.
  3. Digital images had to be included with the package. That way we could print the photos at our leisure and take advantage of lower printing costs online.
  4. They had to be an awesome person. I emailed our photographer months ago and she immediately suggested we meet for lunch. She was super kind, very spirited, and you could tell this was her passion. We clicked instantly and I knew she was the photographer for the job.

After doing my research, I ended up hiring Jaylin Photography. She hit all of the items I was looking for AND was super flexible – another bonus. We had originally scheduled our photos for a Saturday evening, but thanks to Florida rain, we had to postpone until early the next morning. It was a last minute change that ended up working in our favor. We had beautiful (albeit, still a little wet) weather.

AndersonMaternityGallery-3 AndersonMaternityGallery-4

AndersonMaternityBW-9

AndersonMaternityGallery-21AndersonMaternityGallery-25

AndersonMaternityGallery-28 AndersonMaternityGallery-31

AndersonMaternityGallery-49

I had envisioned getting some cool shots of running in just a sports bra with my big belly, but I honestly looked ridiculous in all the photos. A running pregnant model I am not. This was the only shot she got that looks semi-decent. Oh, well. At least we tried. ๐Ÿ™‚

All photos were taken at Lake Lettuce Park in Tampa (the same park we took our engagement photos in 2012).

Did you have maternity photos taken? How did you find your photographer?

1 Amy Usher September 9, 2015 at 2:10 pm

the running photo is AWESOME! seriously, so good! all the pics are beautiful, but that one really fits who you are, so athletic and fit, and with s gorgeous baby bump. congrats!

2 Mallory September 9, 2015 at 2:14 pm

Girl – you don’t look one bit of ridiculous in that running photo! Unless we count how ridiculously-cool it is that you were running while pregnant! You look so happy and beautiful and in your peaceful place. Best wishes to you and Derek!

3 Sara September 9, 2015 at 2:18 pm

Cute pics! I had to laugh when I saw the one with the tag if your shirt because it reminded me of my wedding pics – I had used a red hair elastic the morning of while getting ready, then put it on my wrist and forgot about it until I saw my professional pics! I couldn’t believe my photographer didnt photoshop it out without me asking, it looked ridiculous!! If your photographer is really good she should do some editing on those pics for free if you ask!

4 Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine September 9, 2015 at 2:58 pm

Lovely dear! Haha the last one is the best! Rock it!
Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine recently posted..Italian Chicken Meatballs & Sweet Potato Spaghetti

5 Katie D. September 9, 2015 at 3:02 pm

No maternity photos taken. Except the day before my induction, I freaked out that I had no “nice” pictures and had a friend snap a few of hubby and I.

I love that you included Maddie ๐Ÿ™‚

6 Mary September 9, 2015 at 4:33 pm

I absolutely love that you got a running photo included in your pregnancy snaps. That was a genius idea! ๐Ÿ™‚
Mary recently posted..Nineteen miles

7 Elisabeth September 9, 2015 at 5:01 pm

Honestly, the running photo might be my favorite! ๐Ÿ˜€

8 Regina September 9, 2015 at 5:42 pm

We took our own photos using a self timer and a ladder. Saved a ton of money and got exactly the photos we wanted! We did that for babe #1 & 2 and will do the same for #3 due in January
Regina recently posted..1st Day of Preschool

9 EB @ Running on E September 10, 2015 at 7:34 am

You should be proud of those running photos! So wonderful that you are still running so late in pregnancy. Great pictures.
EB @ Running on E recently posted..September Strength

10 Laura September 10, 2015 at 8:30 am

I’m having my maternity pictures taken next weekend! I’m having a hard time deciding what to wear and I don’t want to go out and buy an expensive outfit just for the pictures. When I saw the running pic I thought “what a great idea” and then I thought about how the only two running sports bras I have that fit now are this neon celery color and how unflattering that would look in a photo! haha. Your pics came out great!
Laura recently posted..Getting Pregnant: Timing and Trying

11 Mrs. B September 10, 2015 at 9:25 am

Thee is something just really raw and beautiful about pregnant woman! You look great!!!

12 Kelly September 10, 2015 at 11:01 am

Love that you included Maddie! My favorite is the one of all 4(!) of you walking. So natural and an adorable little family. ๐Ÿ™‚
Kelly recently posted..If you could go back in time…

13 Kaella On The Run September 10, 2015 at 11:21 am

These are all adorable. I really like the running one. It shows how it’s a big part of your life ๐Ÿ™‚

I didn’t want maternity photos but a friend surprised me with a package so I went for it. I don’t really love them but I’m happy I have them (in a box) to show my son some day ๐Ÿ˜‰
Kaella On The Run recently posted..Thinking Out Loud #31

14 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner September 10, 2015 at 12:39 pm

The black and white one is so pretty! I. Took some maternity photos for my sister–not sure if I would ever get any professional ones. Yours are gorgeous!
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Another Update

15 Courtney! September 10, 2015 at 3:14 pm

I’ve always been in the no-maternity photos camp (no kids yet), but I really like yours. They are very natural and beautiful. I especially like the running belly ๐Ÿ™‚ Sure, it probably won’t be framed over the fireplace, but these will be fun to look back in a few years or in many years and remember how it all felt at this moment, right before all the real fun begins!
Courtney! recently posted..Zion and Bryce National Parks: Utah Part 2

16 Erika @ Barbells & Bookends September 16, 2015 at 10:52 pm

Your pics look great! Love how you included your super cute pup ๐Ÿ™‚

17 Amanda October 27, 2015 at 5:18 pm

These are beautiful, and I actually love the one of you running!