Pregnancy: 35 weeks

by Meghann on September 7, 2015

35 weeks and baby girl has grown to the size of a honeydew melon!

35 weeks

It was a tough week. My twin brother’s wedding was on Saturday and my entire family was in Hawaii for it (including my husband!). I’ve known from the very beginning that I wouldn’t be able to fly such a far distance at 35 weeks, so I had some time to prepare for that, but I’m not sure you can ever fully emotionally prepare for missing such a major life event with your family. Let’s just say there was a lot of chocolate consumed and a little pity party thrown in the mix.

Thankfully my family was able to Facetime me for the ceremony so I didn’t 100% miss it. I had a front row seat from the comfort of my bed.

11942113_10106651167004853_6683745583393902711_o

It was a beautiful ceremony full of Hawaiian charm and personal touches (they wrote their own vows – always a favorite of mine at weddings!). Maybe my brother and new sister-in-law can give me a full tour of their wedding site one day. I’ve never been to Hawaii and it’s now on the top of my travel bucket list.

I’m still in full-on nesting mode. I cleaned the house this weekend, gave Maddie a good bath, and took my car to be detailed. My next big project is organizing the playroom, which I’m still not sure where to start. Do playrooms get themes or do they just end up as a space where all the toys go? Right now ours is a storage place for all the baby things that don’t fit in the nursery (like the swing, play yard, bouncer, etc.). I also need to get one of those rubber puzzle mats to cover the floor.

And since I was on my own all weekend, I decided to kill a few hours at Disney yesterday.

11951673_10106652257005483_637146569515541685_o

Depending on when baby girl arrives, that may have been our last Disney adventure together as a onesome. Food & Wine Festival starts September 24th and I’m hoping to squeeze at least one visit in during the first week if she doesn’t decide to arrive earlier.

Everything else is pretty much the same. Derek and I have a big doctor’s appointment this week to check-in on baby girl. We’re crossing our fingers that she flipped and is head down, otherwise it’s time to have some serious talks about delivery options. Gulp. I’m not sure I’m ready for that.

1 Erica [email protected]} September 7, 2015 at 6:26 pm

I wish I could go to Disney for a day! Such a great distraction. I’m actually due today, but feeling very, very normal (disappointingly so!)
Erica [email protected]} recently posted..40 Week Update: Still pregnant!

2 lisa valinsky September 7, 2015 at 6:42 pm

Sorry to hear you couldn’t make it to your brother’s wedding. But yes to going to Disney! Were you able to hit up many attractions?
lisa valinsky recently posted..dealing with third trimester insomnia

3 Kate September 7, 2015 at 7:03 pm

I can’t believe your husband went to Hawaii without you when you were that far along!!! I would never be ok with that (and neither would he!)

4 Nicole September 7, 2015 at 7:39 pm

Where did you get your Disney tank? Looks like the same one Jennifer Love Hewitt wore when she was pregnant and went to Disney.

5 Katie September 7, 2015 at 9:51 pm

So excited for you!!! Just a little thought.. I’m not sure if you ever do essential oils but I used them a lot with both my babies & Peppermint oil can help a baby flip! Just wanted to pass that along!

6 Kelly September 7, 2015 at 11:26 pm

I’m sorry that you missed being at your brother’s wedding in person… I can imagine that was really hard. 🙁
Super cute photo of you at Disney though! I lived in Orlando for a couple years a while back and miss being able to just pop in for a couple hours.
Kelly recently posted..Labor Day Weekend

7 Jess September 8, 2015 at 2:17 am

You are doing so well to be going to Disney that far along! Sorry you missed your bro’s wedding!
Jess recently posted..Weekend Things

8 Stacey September 8, 2015 at 8:30 am

Sorry about missing your brother’s wedding 🙁 Facetime is great, though! You and baby girl are lookin’ good, mama!

9 Jill September 8, 2015 at 8:36 am

Try not to panic about delivery 🙂 You’ll do great, whatever happens. I wound up having a section, and it went just fine. Whatever happens, the end result will be meeting your new baby 🙂

(also, our playroom didn’t have a theme, it was mostly used to corral the toys and bigger things, and now that the kids are a little older, we’ve transformed it into something else – just do whatever works for you!)

10 Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood September 8, 2015 at 10:51 am

so jealous of your Disney trip! I wish I lived relatively close to Disney to head there!
Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood recently posted..Best of the Weekend: Cousins and Labor Day

11 Natalie @ The Ravenous Mommy September 8, 2015 at 2:18 pm

Our play area is basically just a storage space, kids accumulate SO much stuff! I miss the early days when all I needed was a swing & a bouncer, haha.
Natalie @ The Ravenous Mommy recently posted..Life Lately

12 Stephanie September 8, 2015 at 4:25 pm

Just a thought think about a seat in any room you might be hanging out with baby. If you put her in the swing is there somewhere you can sit down in there too? We moved our furniture around so there is always a chair near m daughter’s play spaces. Also important when grandparents are over to play and can’t sit on the floor with her. 🙂

Also remember you’ll figure it out as you go. The playroom could be set one way and then totally rethought in 6months when her needs change. It might be perfect as a storage space for now and when she is 6 months you tackle it 🙂

13 Crystal September 8, 2015 at 7:40 pm

Check out spinningbabies.com

14 Sara September 9, 2015 at 7:47 am

It must have been hard to miss your brother’s wedding. I’m glad you got out of the house and cheered yourself up at Disney!

15 Katie September 11, 2015 at 11:57 pm

I second the recommendation to check out spinning babies! Our doula and birth class teacher talked about it all the time for great positioning suggestions! You can rock a natural birth, you’re an ironman! Just take it one contraction at a time and remember that each one is a bit of progress to bring your baby girl into the world.