Pregnancy: 33 Weeks

by Meghann on August 23, 2015

Hello, 33 weeks! Baby girl is now the size of a pineapple!

33 weeks

I’ve 100% hit the uncomfortable stage of pregnancy. Basically I’ve perfected the waddle, my feet hurt, my hands hurt, and everything is swollen. I’m also getting up more in the middle of the night and clothes are getting tighter.  The third trimester is no joke!

I had a prenatal massage on Friday, which was A-MA-ZING. I’m going to try and have one every-other week until she comes. It really does make a difference. I was also able to return to prenatal yoga after missing the last few weeks due to travel. It felt good to be back.

Derek and I dedicated our weekend to putting some much needed work into the nursery. We were waiting until after the baby shower to make a big trip to Ikea/ Babies R Us/ Target for all of the remaining essentials. It was a long morning of spending $$ and playing car tetris with all of our purchases. We had to ditch the crib box, but otherwise managed to make it all fit.

Screen Shot 2015-08-23 at 8.42.54 PM

We finally have a crib, which makes the room feel more complete. We’re still not done with the nursery, but definitely made some huge strides over the weekend with the crib/shelves/ curtains/ etc. I’ll have a full photo tour once we’re completely done, but here’s a sneak peek:

navy pink nursery

I also did my first three loads of baby laundry over the weekend. All of the 0-3 months clothes, towels, blankets, sheets, and anything else she’ll be expected to touch in the next couple of months have been washed and put away.

The stroller has been assembled, the carseat is ready to go, and we officially moved the baby monitor into the baby room (we’ve been using it to spy on Maddie while we’re at work – highly entertaining). I guess this is the point where everything starts to feel real? We’re getting close!

Things to look forward to next week:

• Maternity photos! <– so excited about these
  • Buying a glider <– why are these so $$?
  • Putting the finishing touches on the nursery

1 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner August 23, 2015 at 9:55 pm

Awww, maternity photos…how fun! It’s amazing how much stuff you need for such a little thing. Good luck in the home stretch!
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Another Update

2 Katie @ Live Half Full August 23, 2015 at 9:57 pm

Your room is looking great!!! We built our crib this past weekend I had my first baby shower. It’s definitely starting to feel real! Glad to hear things are going well for you.
Katie @ Live Half Full recently posted..Meals & Workouts 8/23-8/29

3 Rachel August 23, 2015 at 10:29 pm

I know gliders are so expensive! We went cheap and bought a used basic one that I recovered. I’ve used gliders at friends’ house to nurse my daughter and realized we should not have skimped on the glider. I spend a countless amount of time feeding my daughter and wishing I had a more comfortable chair. Get a nice soft one! Not one on a wood frame with a tiny cushion.

4 Erica [email protected]} August 23, 2015 at 10:29 pm

What I wouldn’t give for a prenatal massage! I’ve developed horrific carpal tunnel in the last two weeks and the only thing that even somewhat helps is my husband rubbing my neck and shoulders every night.
Erica [email protected]} recently posted..Join me for the Jimmy Fund Walk on Sept 27

5 Jessica August 23, 2015 at 11:28 pm

I found an almost brand new glider on craigslist!

6 Erica August 24, 2015 at 12:41 am

Can I make a recommendation? Don’t get a glider! We purchased one and I never used it. You end up needing to fall asleep holding/feeding baby so often that you want something more comfortable. An old school lazy boy recliner is definitely the way to go. We happened to have one in our house and I quickly moved the glider out of Kaylin’s room and moved the lazy boy in!

7 Kate August 24, 2015 at 8:17 am

this is what we’re doing too – we found an amazing recliner that is also a glider secondhand for $150! we might get it recovered but not a necessity! Also, I am so jealous of all of your extra prenatal massages – it must be nice to be able to splurge like that!

8 Kay August 24, 2015 at 6:53 am

Target has some nice glider options for under $300.

9 Nicole August 24, 2015 at 7:04 am

Look for a glider on CL. One of my friends got an almost new one for half the price of a store bought new one. Good luck. My 3rd trimester was def tough but now 5 years later my little baby boy is starting his first day of Kindergarten. It flies by. Enjoy the sweet moments.

10 Megan August 24, 2015 at 7:54 am

The nursery looks great!!

I had my first child at 38 weeks. I thought I was miserable. And then I went to 40.4 with my second child…. I was so.incredibly.done. I didn’t really feel that way until the week of my due date/after my due date. I got irrationally pissed at the number of people who called to check on me that week- I finally told people “you will know when she is here!!!!”

11 Katie D. August 24, 2015 at 8:04 am

I bought a used glider and we rarely use it (Daughter is 14 months). I usually end up nursing in the living room or in bed, now that she is older.

12 Abbey August 24, 2015 at 8:40 am

We also went the recliner route and I am so happy we did. My husband and I have spent a couple of nights sleeping in the nursery and its been so much more comfortable than a rocker or glider would have been.

13 Anne August 24, 2015 at 9:44 am

After sitting in every glider in town, we ended up with this one from BRU (and the matching gliding ottoman). After three months, I’m so glad we chose this one. I have slept in it so many times. Super comfortable. Our little girl has slept in her crib from the second day home, and this is where I do all middle of the night feedings and often many day time feedings.

14 Adie August 24, 2015 at 10:30 am

Have you noticed a difference in how you feel with the prenatal yoga? I keep meaning to try it, but then forgetting (or sleeping…). The third trimester is no joke!

15 Kelly August 24, 2015 at 11:06 am

The nursery looks cute already! It’s so exciting as things come together. I used a random vintage armchair/ottoman picked up at a thrift store with my daughter, but 22 months later it is DONE, so looking for a new nursery chair for Baby #2 due in December – Please let us know what you decide and how you like it!
Kelly recently posted..Weekend!

16 Pam August 24, 2015 at 11:59 am

Very exciting!! I love all your posts, I’m 17 weeks and going back to read your prior updates too for tips!
Pam recently posted..Lemon-Ginger Iced Green Tea

17 Heather August 24, 2015 at 12:19 pm

Another vote to not skimp on the glider. Get an upholstered one, for sure! The wood ones just don’t do it. Also, one where you can lean your head back comfortably is a must! My second little guy is 11 weeks and I spend too much time in the middle of the night to not be comfortable!

18 Nicole August 24, 2015 at 3:39 pm

Can’t wait to see the full nursery ! Isn’t it incredible how much stuff babies need?!? We bought a super affordable crib, changing table and book case for baby and majorly splurged on the glider – it’s the place you’ll be sitting A LOT so make sure it’s comfy (and tall enough to rest your head). We got the graham glider by west elm and I highly recommend!
Nicole recently posted..Bumpdate Weeks 34-35

19 Lindsey August 24, 2015 at 6:16 pm

I’ll recommend an exercise ball for the early weeks. Bouncing worked so much better for our bubs than rocking at first.

20 Holly August 24, 2015 at 7:56 pm

I wouldn’t wash everything in advance. I did and our guy is so little that he won’t make it into some of his 0-3 summer outfits in time. Luckily my mom stopped me before I had washed it ALL and we were able to make returns and buy some clothes that actually fit. Just a suggestion.

21 Lindsay August 25, 2015 at 7:07 am

I got my glider on sale as a floor model in BRU for over half off and at just under 2 years old, I still sit in it with my son almost every night to read. We will soon be moving it into our soon-to-be second baby’s room but that glider was a great purchase for us. Maybe not so much for feeding but in the middle of the night, rocking before nap time, and now story time together. Maybe you can score a nice one as a floor model like I did… Good luck!

22 Lisa August 25, 2015 at 8:43 pm

we bought a glider from a less expensive furniture store called Value City for $99! If you go somewhere for ‘baby’ gliders, they are marked up so much!! We then resold it at s children’s consignment sale 5 years later for the same amount!

23 Sarah August 28, 2015 at 1:47 pm

I tried out so many gliders and couldn’t find the right one. Then we went to the Lazy boy store and tried out some recliners and they were so much more comfortable and felt sturdier! We got a super nice recliner and got to pick out the fabric color we wanted for much less than we would have paid on a glider and ottoman. And it takes up less room!