Pregnancy: 31 Weeks

by Meghann on August 10, 2015

31 weeks! Baby R is now the size of a coconut.

31 weeks

The back-to-back travel was rough this week. After working in Syracuse last weekend, I had two days at home before hopping on another plane and heading to Wisconsin on Thursday.

pregnant travel

We basically worked non-stop from the minute we touched down in Wisconsin and I was asleep every night at 8:00pm. My feet swelled so bad that it was uncomfortable to wear my running shoes. I ended up rocking my flip flops during the race on Sunday, which I’m pretty sure didn’t help in the long run, but it was better than shoving my swollen feet back into shoes they refused to go in.

Other than that, it was a great event weekend. My temporary replacement is all trained and I’m confident he’ll do an awesome job while I’m on standby at home. I’m still sad to miss the remaining events in the season, but I’m also happy I’m being forced to bow out. My whole body aches today and I’m sure it’s only going to get worse the further along I am.

Baby girl is becoming more and more active everyday. It sounds a bit selfish, but I really love that I’m the only one who really gets to feel her move. I also love getting to know her personality before anyone else does. I never realized how strong the bond is between mother and child during pregnancy until now. My love for her has been there since day one, but the more I get to know her, the deeper I fall. I can’t even imagine how my heart is going to explode when she make her grand entrance into the world. <3

My goal this week is rest and take it easy. We’re heading to the east coast this weekend for our baby shower. Can’t wait to celebrate our baby girl with our friends and family. πŸ™‚

1 Linda @ the fitty August 10, 2015 at 9:13 pm

WHAT’S HER NAME??!! Does she ever do a roll in your belly?
Linda @ the fitty recently posted..Lifestyle In China

2 Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood August 10, 2015 at 9:50 pm

I remember feeling the same way – that my son was ALL MINE for those 9 months. No one will EVER be that close to your little girl and it’s a bond that will last even when other people can hold her. (even when you don’t want them to! I remember the first few weeks people would come over and hold my son when he was a in a great mood and then give him back when he was cranky/hungry/smelly. Thanks, everyone.)
Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood recently posted..Best of the Weekend: Lunch Fails and Barbeque

3 Katie @ Live Half Full August 10, 2015 at 10:53 pm

I’m resting up after a week of traveling as well. Enjoy your baby shower!
Katie @ Live Half Full recently posted..Seattle Babymoon Part One

4 Jessica August 10, 2015 at 11:20 pm

Enjoy the time off! Sleep in, take naps, do nothing a whole lot. πŸ™‚ You will never, never regret it.

5 Erica [email protected]} August 11, 2015 at 7:56 am

I remember the first time I realized when I was out for a long walk by myself that I wasn’t by myself anymore πŸ™‚ Anything I do now I think of ‘us’ doing it together! I hope he enjoys the walks still once he’s here! (4 more weeks!)

6 Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut August 11, 2015 at 10:01 am

Definitely take it easy! I’m jealous that your fill-in is already trained. I’m almost 36 weeks and we have yet to hire someone! It’s making me a little nervous, but I know it will all work out…somehow.
Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut recently posted..Bump, There It Is! First and Second Trimester Recaps

7 Sara August 11, 2015 at 2:12 pm

I’m glad you don’t have to travel anymore – it’s tough on your body! I love that I’m the only one that gets to feel her move too! I’m getting to the point where I’m sad I won’t get to feel her movements inside me much longer.
Sara recently posted..Pregnancy Update – 36 Weeks

8 Katie August 13, 2015 at 10:38 am

I highly recommend running compression socks for the last weeks of pregnancy especially if you have swollen legs/feet! Are you on maternity leave now?! πŸ™‚

9 Meghann August 13, 2015 at 1:38 pm

Not yet. I just won’t be traveling anymore.

10 Beth August 13, 2015 at 11:04 am

I’m so impressed that you’ve been running all this time! I quit at 18 weeks with my first pregnancy and at 10 weeks with my second. I’m 22 weeks along with the second now. I travel for work pretty frequently too. I have a trip next week and then (dreading this one) in October when I’ll be 32 weeks. Hope you have a relaxing weekend and enjoy the baby shower!