Pregnancy: 30 Weeks

by Meghann on August 3, 2015

Happy 30 weeks, Baby R! You are now the size of a large cabbage.

30 weeks

Oh, what a rough week! Please excuse the tired/ disheveled photo. I literally stepped off of a plane about an hour before this photo was taken, after working 12 hour days all weekend. To say I was a little tired would be an understatement.

I flew to Syracuse for work on Thursday. This was my first big work event since April and, I have to say, working an event at 14 weeks is a completely different experience than being 30 weeks. It was difficult to not physically be able to do a lot of the manual labor I’m used to doing on site and having to rely on others to assist with my job. I also spent a lot of time training the person who will take over my responsibilities when I’m not able to travel for the remaining events in the season.  I know they’ll do great, but it’s always hard to give up control over something you’ve worked on for so long.

Working on site usually translates to long hours, many of which are spent on your feet. I think I pushed too hard the first day and could definitely feel it the next. It was the first time I’d experienced lower back pain all pregnancy and I was hurting. I made it a point to sit more after the first day, which helped.

I actually wish I had some photos from the weekend because I’m sure it was a sight to watch me work with a big belly. I’m pretty sure I raised a few eyebrows when I hopped on the forklift and got to work as if the belly wasn’t there. Hey, a girl’s gotta do, what a girl’s gotta do.

Flying was also fun. We flew Southwest and an employee stopped me while I was boarding to inform me I could skip the line because of my “condition.” Ha! Early boarding – score! I also opted for a pat down instead of the intense scanners. From what I’ve read, there’s not enough research to determine the effect of the scanners on a baby in utero, but I figured it’s better to be safe than sorry. The pat down only took a couple of minutes and wasn’t a big deal at all.

I fly out again for an event on Thursday, then I’m officially cut off from traveling for the rest of the season. Luckily I’m still able to do the majority of the work from my desk, I just won’t be on site to execute it.

Man, I’m exhausted. I can not wait to sleep in my own bed again and cuddle with my snoogle. Oh, snoogle – I missed you. 🙂

1 Stephanie August 3, 2015 at 9:27 pm

Wow! Time flies! I feel like you just announced your little bundle! So excited for you both!
Stephanie recently posted..August Goals & July Recap

2 Katie @ Live Half Full August 3, 2015 at 9:54 pm

Home stretch! I feel you- I’m 29 weeks today and I’m starting to slow down majorly… I forget I’m pregnant and try to work at my normal pace. And then I just crash. 🙂
Katie @ Live Half Full recently posted..Second Trimester Pregnancy Favorites

3 Missy August 3, 2015 at 11:06 pm

Miss seeing all of your “meals!” You’ve inspired me to try so many new combinations (currently addicted to okra!) and I think it would be interesting to hear how you’re eating during your pregnancy! You look wonderful. 🙂 These last few weeks are going to fly by – and drag at the same time! ?

4 Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood August 4, 2015 at 3:49 am

I worked in non profit events when I was pregnant and out busy season was when I was about 16 weeks and then when I was about to go/on maternity leave. I had to actually go out early at 34 weeks since my dr didn’t want me to work 16 hours a day per event. (Some were 2 days)
Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood recently posted..Best of the Weekend: Big Breakfasts and Content With the World

5 Erica [email protected]} August 4, 2015 at 7:43 am

I’m 35 weeks now and the back pain started around week 30 for me as well. Rest up every chance you get! Around 33/34 weeks I found that for every day I was busy and on my feet a lot, I needed the next day to do virtually nothing. It’s definitely getting harder as the weeks progress!
Erica [email protected]} recently posted..Flight School Graduation

6 Lisa Valinsky August 4, 2015 at 9:24 am

Glad you’re feeling good!

I’m at 29 weeks, and my job is pretty physical too. I’m working in an office at a summer camp, and while part of the job involves answering phones and entering data, a lot of it involves hauling mail and moving equipment. I’ve learned to be happy to get help, when normally I like to be able to do things on my own. My feet swell a lot though, which is the only thing that drives me nuts when I’m on my feet a lot.
Lisa Valinsky recently posted..what i’m wearing / summer camp bump style

7 A August 4, 2015 at 6:32 pm

I’m surprised they’re cuting you off from flying so early! I’m going to a wedding across the country at 34 wreks and my dr says it’s totally fine. Most airlines let pregnant women fly until 36 weeks. Are you measuring ahead or showing signs of pre-eclampsia?

8 Meghann August 10, 2015 at 7:49 pm

I’ve been classified as semi-high risk because I have a bicornate uterus. My doctor gave me a cut off date of 34 weeks and I will be just shy of 34 weeks for our next event and opting out of it.

9 Stacey August 5, 2015 at 1:34 pm

I think you look fantastic! Home stretch, girl!
Stacey recently posted..I don’t run “like a girl,” … I run like a runner

10 Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut August 5, 2015 at 3:13 pm

Wow, you must be exhausted! At 35 weeks, making it through the workday is becoming a challenge. I’m so tired, I even tried to sneak in a 15-minute nap the other day in one of the breastfeeding rooms. I couldn’t do it though…too much pressure to relax in such a short amount of time! 🙂

I’m right there with ya on the Snoogle love…don’t know what I’d do without mine!
Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut recently posted..Bump, There It Is! First and Second Trimester Recaps

11 Sheena @ Paws and Pavement August 9, 2015 at 3:34 pm

Wow those work hours would make anyone tired. You are doing great, just delegate and let others help since you have way more exciting things to come!
Sheena @ Paws and Pavement recently posted..Sunday Funday