Pregnancy: 26 Weeks

by Meghann on July 5, 2015

Happy 26 weeks, Baby R! You are as long as a scallion!

26 weeks

Baby girl is currently the most active when I’m hungry. She gets really squirmy and starts kicking me to say, “hey, mom! feed me! now!”

Derek still hasn’t felt a kick (though we’ve tried many times to catch one). He did witness one for the first time on Saturday. I was sitting on the couch while baby girl was kicking up a storm and my stomach was visibly vibrating from the force. We were heading out and I called Derek to catch the last big kick before we had to go. It was a couple of seconds of “umm… all I see is your breathing,” before “whoa. yep, couldn’t miss that one.” Maybe next time he’ll actually get to feel it.

We spent the long holiday weekend with my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew on the east coast. It gave us a chance to brush up on our diapering and bottle feeding skills (see below – Derek is a pro), as well as ask a million and one questions. I’m so happy to have my sister around for new mom advice.

20150705_075453

I also ran my second pregnant race on Fourth of July. It was a four mile run on the beach and it was BRUTAL. I’ll have a full recap up this week.

20150704_072700(1)

Speaking of beach, I had no problem rocking the bikini baby bump this weekend.

20150703_123800

I don’t know what it is about the bump, but I have 100 times more bikini confidence with it. I’m darn proud of that bump and have no problem showing it off.

20150704_201040

My very generous sister sent us home with a car full of baby hand-me-downs this morning. Derek and I are now inspired more than ever to start the process of converting our front room into a playroom before baby comes (holy moly does that stuff take up a lot of space!). The room has been unused since we moved in and is in desperate need of a makeover. The plan has always been to eventually turn it into a playroom, now I can’t wait to get my hands on it! Yay for new projects!

Do you have a dedicated playroom?

1 Goldie July 6, 2015 at 3:02 am

Told you there’s a point where the bump becomes awesome to flaunt 🙂 glad you reached it as it feels a bit rubbish until the bump really pops! Loving the bikini!

We don’t have a playroom as such but the baby has the second biggest bedroom in the house as a nursery so s/he’s doing pretty well already and it’s FULL of bits and pieces. This unborn baby has a better clothes selection than I think I’ve had in my entire life!!

2 Elizabeth Beil July 6, 2015 at 9:17 am

26 weeks!! I feel this is flying by! You look awesome!! And totally rocking that bikini bump! We had a playroom growing up and had it for years. I think it was great for my parents to throw us in there and just let us being knowing we would be safe! Great memories were made with my sisters in that room!

3 Katie @ Live Half Full July 6, 2015 at 9:23 am

I agree with you on confidence! I have SO MUCH MORE than usual in a bathing suit with my bump. It’s the best!
Katie @ Live Half Full recently posted..Meals and Workouts 7/5-7/11

4 Cody @ onehungryrunner July 6, 2015 at 9:59 am

Wow you look amazing–and way to rock that bikini!! Isn’t it the best having sisters?! I get advice from my sister all the time and guarantee will be looking forward to the baby hand me downs some day!

5 Lisa Valinsky July 6, 2015 at 11:53 am

Yay! So fun! I’m at 25 weeks today, and my husband loves to hold his hand over my tummy to try to feel baby kicks. It feels like the weirdest thing and the most normal thing all at once!
Lisa Valinsky recently posted..How Blogging Used to Be

6 Stacey July 6, 2015 at 1:32 pm

I’ll say it again — you look so gorgeous!! Keep rockin’ that bump, girl!
Stacey recently posted..Happy 4th of July!! Now, who’s racing?

7 Linda @ The Fitty July 6, 2015 at 1:55 pm

Good for you for not letting a little baby bump keep you back from rockin a bikini!
Linda @ The Fitty recently posted..Friday 5: My Current-lies!

8 Amanda @ Slimplify Life July 6, 2015 at 2:06 pm

You’re the cutest, definitely glowing! Keep growing, beeb!
Amanda @ Slimplify Life recently posted..Recent runs + recent eats + recent mental breakdowns. Normal.

9 Melissa July 6, 2015 at 3:22 pm

We have a loft that was going to be a playroom area, but now we’re selling our house. Hopefully we’ll have a playroom in the future though!
Melissa recently posted..Lately I’ve Been…

10 Amy Howard July 6, 2015 at 3:23 pm

This is the best way for have found for the hubby the feel the baby kick. Go into a totally dark room with a flashlight. Hold the light directly with n your bump. The baby will kick at the light. I won’t say it’s fool proof but it don’t know anyone that it hasn’t worked for. Good luck!

11 Kristen @ Glitter and Dust July 6, 2015 at 3:50 pm

Isn’t it amazing how the bump can instill a new-found confidence? The first time I wore a bikini with my bump, I didn’t have a concern in the world and was so proud of what my body was creating inside. You are looking fabulous!!!

We don’t have a designated playroom, but will likely keep toys near the rooms that we spend the most time in.
Kristen @ Glitter and Dust recently posted..Fourth of July and Ahoy Baby Shower

12 Mary July 6, 2015 at 5:12 pm

You SHOULD be confident in that bikini body, you look fantastic! I’m not a big fan of kids/pregnancy (i get squeamish hahaha i can handle bodily fluids and all sorts of nasty stuff, but then the not nasty pregnant look? nope. especially when babies kick, oh god…)
Mary recently posted..Mental Health Monday, or The Beginning of my Story

13 Molly Rose July 6, 2015 at 5:26 pm

way to rock that bikini bod girlfriend! I always think pregnant women at the beach are the freaking cutest.
Molly Rose recently posted..PiYo Week 1

14 Dottie (@crazyfitmommy) July 7, 2015 at 3:21 am

We kind of have a dedicated playroom. Our loft is a playroom, but it’s also the TV room and I have my desk in a tiny corner of it (so I can work and keep track of the kids at the same time).
My baby is four months old now, and I miss feeling those kicks just the tiniest bit…
Dottie (@crazyfitmommy) recently posted..Happy Fourth of July!

15 Danielle @ The Soul Simple Life July 7, 2015 at 12:31 pm

I had high hopes for a designated playroom, but we have a very open concept house and it is so much easier to have my daughter playing where I can see her at all times – at this stage anyways! Toys will take over your house – I promise. And you will love it!