5 Life Updates

by Meghann on July 1, 2015

1.  Derek and I spent all of last weekend binge watching the Fast & Furious series. Over the course of three days we watched all six movies.  Neither of us had seen the entire series and figured, why not. Now we’re itching for the seventh to make its way to iTunes. Surprisingly, after so many hours of watching fast cars do stupid stuff, I’m not the least bit inclined to drive faster. I think I’ll stick to my granny speed. However, the movies did make me a bit nostalgic for my old manual car. There’s something oddly thrilling about shifting gears.

fast-furious-poster-big-new-fast-furious-7-poster-brings-the-awesome-previous-6-posters-bring-the-sad

2.  I signed up for baby’s second race! My sister and I will be running the RWB Firecracker 4 Miler on the Fourth of July. The entire run takes place on the beach (yikes!), so it’s a good thing neither of us are planning on any PRs. Kelly actually ran the same race last year when she was 36 weeks pregnant. If she could do it, then so can I.

kelly 36 weeks

3.   I’m really, really loving our pool lately. I’ve been in it almost every day the last couple of weeks. I haven’t actually been swimming (strictly floating), but floating is pretty awesome. It’s just me, my iPod, and my new favorite float.

20150515_161413

(the photo is a couple of months old, but you get the idea)

4.    I’ve been dealing with some crazy brown spots on my face lately (yay, pregnancy!), so my co-worker and I took a field trip to Sephora last week for some heavy duty concealer/ foundation to combat it. I haven’t bought/used foundation or concealer in years and had absolutely no idea what to buy. They sent me to the beauty bar, where a nifty machine took a photo of my skin in three places for an accurate color match. After all my info was in the system, the computer matched me with what colors would work best, then we narrowed everything down based off of needs, skin type, etc. The whole process was really cool and I just felt like sharing in case anyone else is as clueless about make up as I am. I even had the associate show me how to apply it and purchased everything she used in the process.

20150626_123510

5. It’s almost the weekend! I hope everyone has a relaxing holiday weekend! 🙂

1 Rachel July 1, 2015 at 10:08 pm

Good to know about Sephora. What did you end up purchasing?

2 Christy July 1, 2015 at 11:55 pm

The pool is the only way to go during a prego summer. Enjoy enjoy!

3 Mary July 2, 2015 at 12:40 am

Ooooo that pool floating looks amazing. Very envious! it’s been around a million degrees in Los Angeles lately, I wish I had a pool to float in. And that Sephora thing sounds cool! I should go do that, I’m awful at make up hahah

4 Goldie July 2, 2015 at 5:30 am

Hi Meghann

I wondered if you might do a post on maternity leave and what you plan to do after baby arrives if that isn’t too personal? I know new mums find it hard to have baby and have a few weeks/months with the new arrival and then go back to work.
Goldie recently posted..In my hospital bag…

5 Linda @ The Fitty July 2, 2015 at 7:53 am

I feel guilty when I
Linda @ The Fitty recently posted..As School Winds Down…

6 Linda @ The Fitty July 2, 2015 at 7:54 am

Guilt seeps in when I spend a lot of time to watch movies. It means I’m procrastinating on the stuff I should be doing!
Linda @ The Fitty recently posted..As School Winds Down…

7 EB @ Running on E July 2, 2015 at 8:07 am

Good luck to you and baby in your second race! Have a great weekend.
EB @ Running on E recently posted..Versatile Blogger

8 Brooke D July 2, 2015 at 8:35 am

Hi! I wanted to comment on the brown spots you mentioned on your face. I developed them after I gave birth to my triplets (it’s called malasma and relate to change in hormones) and six years later I still have some. Mine got very bad and I ended up seeing a dermatologist to who corrected the worst of it with creams and things. But I waited a long time to see the derm and my face looked a hot mess – just wanted to give you a heads up in case you wanted to look into possible treatments for it early. (Love your blog, btw!)

9 Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood July 2, 2015 at 10:28 am

That Sephora this is the coolest ever! Last time I went to get any kind of makeupwas for my wedding over 2 years ago and it seriously took them a ridiculous amount of time to kind of sort of find a foundation match for me. I need to try this out!!
Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood recently posted..5 Things I Learned After 24 Hours Without My Phone

10 Natalie @ The Ravenous Mommy July 2, 2015 at 11:06 am

Now I have to go to Sephora to try that out! I always feel like I pick a color that’s a tad too dark or light.
Natalie @ The Ravenous Mommy recently posted..Maternity Stitch Fix #2

11 Stephanie @ My Freckled Life July 2, 2015 at 12:07 pm

Whoa, I had no idea Sephora did that! I definitely need to get over there. My skin changed a lot during pregnancy, and now even 4 weeks postpartum it’s still all over the place. My old makeup options just aren’t working the same anymore, so I might have to go test this out! Thanks for the tip! And I’d love to hear what you ended up purchasing!
Stephanie @ My Freckled Life recently posted..Dear Colton – 1 Month

12 Alex July 2, 2015 at 4:44 pm

I’ll be running the RWB race, too! Are you running the one on Daytona beach?

13 Melissa July 2, 2015 at 6:04 pm

I had those spots on my face too. Thankfully they faded pretty quickly afterward. I still have the faint line on my belly though and it’s been almost 9 months. Go figure.
Melissa recently posted..Want to Learn How to Stretch?

14 Kristen @ The Concrete Runner July 3, 2015 at 8:29 am

At first, I liked the brown spots – I don’t have freckles and always wanted them. But, 6 months postpartum and I am over it. Mostly because one of the places I have some significant dark spots is on my upper lip. Awesome. They do lighten up and go away though – it just takes awhile!
Kristen @ The Concrete Runner recently posted..baby boy: 6 months

15 Katie July 3, 2015 at 10:04 am

Thanks for sharing about Sephora. That stores scares me (and I’m a shy introvert, so talking to sales people stresses me out), but I’d love to check out that machine. 🙂

16 AndreaClaire July 11, 2015 at 5:00 pm

I’m with you on the standard/manual cars. It’s all my family ever had growing up and I just find automatics so boring to drive! And it makes car renting easier if you travel. In Europe, your vehicle choices are greatly reduced if you can’t drive manual.