Pregnancy: 25 Weeks

by Meghann on June 28, 2015

We made it to week 25! Baby R is now the size of a rutabaga.

25 weeks

Good news – we have a dresser in the nursery!

IMG_6919

The Hemnes dresser had been sitting unassembled in our garage for weeks. It’s one thing to buy a dresser from Ikea, it’s another to actually put it together. The whole project took way longer than expected (over 4 hours!) and thankfully only resulted in one argument (over a power drill – apparently I can’t be trusted with power tools). The good news is we survived and the dresser looks awesome. Win-win. We also vowed not to assemble another Ikea dresser for at least three years. Deal.

After admiring our work, we were inspired to get our shiz together and work on the registry. So a morning of dresser assembling was followed by an afternoon of registry building. We’re still not 100% done with it (are you ever done with a registry?), but it’s definitely getting there.

In other news, I bought a $10 plastic step stool so I can continue to shave my legs in the shower.

IMG_6920

Why didn’t I buy this sooner? So much better than the crazy balancing act I was doing. Big belly or not, this baby is sticking around.

Also, nose bleeds. This is a symptom I’ve had for a couple of weeks, but keep forgetting to mention it on here. I had a really bad one the other week and turned into an emotional mess when I accidentally got blood on a new shirt. Thankfully my amazing husband stepped in, immediately treated the shirt, and got the blood out. That’s a true Prince Charming – a man who will not only bring you tissues when your nose starts spontaneously bleeding, but also washes the blood out of your shirt for you. I knew I married him for a reason.

Finally, belly buttons. Mine is still a deep innie with no sign of popping anytime soon (or ever). In fact, I still have my belly button ring in. I’m prepared to take it out when it’s ready to come out, but it still has plenty of room to move and isn’t strained.

Did your belly button pop? If so, what week did it pop?

I’m pretty convinced mine isn’t going to pop, but I still have 15 weeks to go. I guess anything is possible?

1 Taylor B June 28, 2015 at 6:52 pm

Mine never popped out! It got pretty flat by the end, but no where near sticking out. We did an ikea dresser in our nursery too. We have the smaller hemnes white dresser. Happy to report after 7 months of use it still looks great!

Love reading your updates 🙂

2 Andrea June 28, 2015 at 7:41 pm

I’m 15 weeks with my 2nd and my belly button already popped. It’s worse now than it was my entire first pregnancy. It’s a horrible sensation.

3 Melissa June 28, 2015 at 7:44 pm

My belly button never popped. Some just don’t! I did have a couple nosebleeds. One time blood just dripped out of my nose into papers on my desk at work. Pregnancy is weird.

4 Christy June 28, 2015 at 7:45 pm

Oh man, shaving is difficult while prego. By the end I had a hand held mirror to assist. lol

My belly button threatened to but never did pop. I was kind of surprised!
Christy recently posted..A Habooby Saturday #27

5 Lauren June 28, 2015 at 7:58 pm

I’m almost 37 weeks and mine hasn’t popped either! I had a deep innie as well so I don’t think it’s going to happen.

6 Johanna June 28, 2015 at 8:00 pm

Mine never did. It got shallow at the end but stayed in.
Shaving was horrible while pregnant. And it was summertime for me too so I could really skip a day ( dark hair) lol
Johanna recently posted..Dear Future Ex-Husband

7 Emily June 28, 2015 at 8:42 pm

I’ve been getting nosebleeds almost every day of this pregnancy in the second trimester, and mostly at work. I just bought a box of small tampons and use those, and carry on with my day. One time, a client of mine showed up unannounced and I forgot I had a tampon string hanging out of my nose!

8 Kristen @ Glitter and Dust June 28, 2015 at 8:50 pm

I am 29 weeks and my belly button still has a ways to go before it pops. We’ll see if it happens. I took my belly button ring out when I found out I was pregnant. It kept poking into and getting in the way of some of the tighter tops I was wearing. I have no clue what to expect when my body returns post baby.

Shaving is definitely an issue right now. I might have to resort to waxing during those last few weeks. All my friends tell me to go get a good wax and pedi at 39 weeks! 🙂
Kristen @ Glitter and Dust recently posted..Week 28; SUP, Bike, Run and Trying to Stay Positive

9 Megan June 28, 2015 at 9:03 pm

Smart move with the step stool for shaving !

For future blood mishaps, spit will get your blood out of clothes. Only your spit works on your blood tho! Sounds a little gross, but it works every time.

My belly button never popped, but post-birth the hole is very large. Everything else about me has gone back to normal except the button. I wonder if it will.

10 Lindsay June 28, 2015 at 10:41 pm

Mine popped at 31 weeks! I’m 32 weeks now. At first I was embarrassed but ive decided to embrace it!

11 Stephanie @ My Freckled Life June 28, 2015 at 11:46 pm

You’re looking so great!!! And I’m with you on Ikea furniture. It looks awesome but boy can it be stressful to put together! Also, my belly button totally didn’t pop. It definitely flattened out, but was still solidly an innie, even at 40+3 weeks!
Stephanie @ My Freckled Life recently posted..What’s not to love about wine and dance? {Five Favorites Friday}

12 Becky P June 29, 2015 at 1:17 am

My belly button expanded, like wider i guess, but it never popped. Its still slightly expanded 3 months postpartum.

13 Georgia June 29, 2015 at 1:42 am

I’m currently 32 weeks and still no sign of belly button popping. Like you, I’ve always had a deep innie… It is flattening though, but I doubt it’ll get to outie or even flat status 🙂
Georgia recently posted..Kyoto

14 Goldie June 29, 2015 at 2:52 am

I didn’t think mine would turn into an outie but it has! I’m told it will go back to normal (I hope!) I’m 33 weeks…x
Goldie recently posted..Signs you are most definitely in the third trimester…

15 Laura June 29, 2015 at 9:51 am

I’m at 23 weeks and by the end of the day my belly button is basically flat. I’m pretty sure it will be an outie by the time this is over! And I haven’t got nose bleeds yet but I do have snot that’s bloody when I blow my nose.
Laura recently posted..Meal Planning

16 Adie June 29, 2015 at 9:54 am

A step stool?? That’s GENIUS! I may have to go get myself one! Between the belly and getting lightheaded from being bent over too long, that would really do wonders for my poor unshaven legs…

17 Linda @ The Fitty June 29, 2015 at 10:26 am

Not pregnant and never have been(I don’t want kids), but I am an innie!

18 Anne June 29, 2015 at 11:03 am

Mine never popped. I also have a deep innie. It was never anywhere close to popping.

19 KatyBugChild June 29, 2015 at 1:20 pm

My nose is bleeding a lot, too…maybe it’s a Florida thing?

20 Ash Diamond June 29, 2015 at 1:47 pm

Congrats on the dresser – that is always an accomplishment when it comes to Ikea parts!
Ash Diamond recently posted..The Weekly Sweats – Sweats & Eats

21 Melissa June 29, 2015 at 3:08 pm

My belly button stayed pretty flat, but it started to pop out on the top toward the end. Some people hate when it pops out – my sister in law even used a band aid to hide hers! I didn’t mind it though, it is what it is!
Melissa recently posted..Have It All Together

22 Katie @ Live Half Full June 29, 2015 at 9:40 pm

Oh man! We were at a hotel this weekend and I had nothing to prop my leg up on. Shaving is so hard pregnant!
Katie @ Live Half Full recently posted..Wedding Weekend in Minneapolis

23 Natalie @ The Ravenous Mommy June 30, 2015 at 11:16 am

Love the dresser!

My belly button never popped, and I was huge as my son was 10 days late. It just got flat at the end. It probably won’t this time around either.
Natalie @ The Ravenous Mommy recently posted..Caverns & Cake

24 Stacey June 30, 2015 at 2:32 pm

You look so cute!! Hydrogen peroxide gets blood out immediately — it’s amazing for that.
Stacey recently posted..Quick funny story…