Pregnancy: Week 23

by Meghann on June 14, 2015

Happy 23 weeks, Baby R! You are now the size of a grapefruit.

23 weeks

If you’re wondering why I look so rough in this week’s photos, it’s because I just returned from a whirlwind trip to Seattle. In week 23 we had baby’s first flight, baby’s first trip to Seattle, and baby’s first race. It was a big week!

20150613_074549

I’ll share more about the trip/race in some upcoming posts, but in a word it was amazing. I LOVED racing pregnant and wish it wasn’t so hot so I could squeeze in a few more local races  before d-day. Unfortunately the Florida running season won’t pick-up again until September and by then I’ll probably be more concerned with nesting versus running.

At least we’ll always have Seattle, kid!

20150613_091315

While I was busy running, the daddy-to-be was hard at work painting the nursery back home. I was receiving nursery updates all weekend and am already obsessed with the bold navy wall.

navy and gray nursery

It’s even better in person. I spent the majority of my layover shopping for pink nursery prints. This is when the fun really starts, right?

The next big projects are putting the dresser together and buying a crib. We also need to nail down our baby registry. When did you start your registry? I feel like it’s still so early, but I’ve already received questions on where we’re registered. Some people are just on it (or it’s just one of those standard baby questions right after “when are you due?” and “do you know the sex?”).

1 Linda @ The Fitty June 14, 2015 at 9:59 pm

I don’t remember but did you have a baby shower yet?
Linda @ The Fitty recently posted..3 Habits to Try to Create:

2 Meghann June 15, 2015 at 8:30 pm

Nope. Not until August.

3 Katie @ Live Half Full June 14, 2015 at 9:59 pm

So fun that you’re starting your nursery! I’m so happy I know we’re having a boy now so I can plan mine. Enjoy!
Katie @ Live Half Full recently posted..Meals & Workouts 6/14-6/20

4 Courtney! June 14, 2015 at 10:03 pm

LOVE the navy wall. I was skeptical at first because it just sounds so dark, but it looks great!! With some pops of pink too… I can’t wait to see!
Courtney! recently posted..The Hairy Hundred Race Recap

5 EB @ Running on E June 15, 2015 at 7:51 am

You look so cute during the race! Congrats on baby’s first medal.
EB @ Running on E recently posted..May Recap

6 Nicole June 15, 2015 at 8:21 am

I registered at babies R us…def jump on it I know it seems early but as your due date draws nearer it feels like time speeds up. I am loving reading all the updates and seeing all the pictures!

7 Goldie June 15, 2015 at 8:46 am

we are a bit poor and doing everything on a budget so a lot of what we are using is second hand. We didn’t want money to dictate our ability to have a baby. Also I don’t think “baby registry” is a popular thing in the UK yet. I’m not even having a baby shower! Just gettin’ down to being a mumma! Can’t wait to see how your nursery turns out though… hurry up guys 😉 xx
Goldie recently posted..Baby buys…

8 Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed June 15, 2015 at 8:51 am

Accent walls are fun! You look adorable 🙂
Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed recently posted..Our Honeymoon Recap Part 3: The Mineral Springs, Hitchhiking, & Horses

9 Jen @ Pretty Little Grub June 15, 2015 at 9:13 am

You’re such a rockstar for running pregnant. You looked so cute! So great meeting you there. Totally made my day.
Jen @ Pretty Little Grub recently posted..Rock ‘n’ Roll Seattle Marathon Recap

10 Maddie @ Dixie Runs June 15, 2015 at 10:49 am

Sounds like you are staying very busy! That’s great that you still enjoy racing during pregnancy!! That is going to be one healthy baby 🙂
Maddie @ Dixie Runs recently posted..Post-Vacation Depression and Good Mileage

11 Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood June 15, 2015 at 11:40 am

I registered at Babies R Us since it was the most accessible to all of my family and it worked well. The people in store were so nice! I scanned a little thete, but didost of my registry and editing of my registry online, which was so so convenient
Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood recently posted..Workouts Week of June 7

12 kristin | W [H] A T C H June 15, 2015 at 2:17 pm

the navy paint is so great!
kristin | W [H] A T C H recently posted..LANDED: ALASKA

13 Meredith June 15, 2015 at 2:52 pm

I’ll be 21 weeks tomorrow. I registered a few weeks ago because I live far away from all my family and the only time I will see them during my pregnancy is next week when I am visiting, so they are having my baby shower then. It’s never too early to get started. You can spend hours upon hours reading reviews of all the baby stuff. I registered at Amazon.com, the majority of items are cheaper than babies r us.

14 Julie June 15, 2015 at 3:54 pm

I registered when I was 5.5 months along, so around the point you are at. However, I don’t think I really got much on there until closer to 7 months when I had a better idea of what I *thought* I needed. That’s another story…

15 Jess June 15, 2015 at 7:43 pm

I started my registry around 23 to 25 weeks. (I had a few unexpected days off from work so I spend a lot of free time researching baby gear)

I recommend this website:

also bear in mind that you are going to get a lot of conflicting opinions about baby gear depending on which mother you’re talking to there’s very few products that have true consensus.

Also o matter what you registet for lots people are just going to give you cutel outfits. Especially since you are having a girl.

16 Kristin Miller June 16, 2015 at 7:29 am

LOVE the navy! We went with navy and gray and love it still. I think I registered right around 23-25 weeks. It takes a while and you keep adding and changing things! My one recommendation for registering: DO NOT REGISTER FOR CLOTHES! People will buy you tons anyway because “it was too cute not go buy!” She won’t wear half of it because she’ll grow so fast, so stick to necessities!
Kristin Miller recently posted..Life Lately: A Fitness/Injury Update