Pregnancy: Week 22

by Meghann on June 7, 2015

Happy 22 weeks, Baby R!

22 weeks

You are now the size of a spaghetti squash.

Let’s see, what’s new this week?  Baby R is still growing and squirming away in there. I love feeling her move and am constantly poking my stomach trying to get her to poke back.

I’m noticing that the more my bump grows, the more courteous people are becoming. I’m getting invitations to cut lines, takeover seats, and to carry items. It’s almost like pregnant women shouldn’t stand, have to wait, or carry things.  Not that I’m complaining about the sudden emergence of good manners (and I’m totally guilty of using the “pregnancy card” once or twice in the last couple of weeks), but it doesn’t feel right when I’m still feeling so good. If only these people knew that I probably just went for a run that morning or that I’m not as fragile as I actually appear.

Though, it was fun to earn a few stares on the treadmill at the gym this week.

Pregnant Treadmill

Yep, despite the fear of …ummreleasing gas while running, I decided it was time to switch to running on a treadmill versus sticking to my normal restroom-less loops outside. It was 100% worth it to have a restroom nearby for the desperately needed mid-run break. Sooo worth it. Plus, it was fun to get some funny looks from fellow gym rats. Apparently a pregnant woman on a treadmill is a sight to see.

The gym also has some yoga classes I’ve been taking advantage of. I’m still enjoying gentle yoga flows through pregnancy. It’s a great way to relax while also getting a nice stretch.

I know this blog is becoming a little pregnancy-centric lately, but this blog is my life and right now my life is pretty pregnancy driven. With that in mind, are there any topics anyone is interested in hearing about? I have a few posts in the works, but I’m interested to hear any requests that may be out there.

1 Linda @ The Fitty June 7, 2015 at 8:17 pm

Since you’re eating more and reducing exercise/doing easier exercises like yoga, do you feel your energy skyrocket a little more?
Linda @ The Fitty recently posted..4 Multitasking Habits of Mine {#LIPlinkup #25}

2 Emily June 7, 2015 at 9:25 pm

I would love to see more day in the life posts like the olden days! Miss those! Still love reading though 🙂

3 Fancy June 7, 2015 at 11:20 pm

I so agree!

4 Valerie June 7, 2015 at 9:28 pm

I’d love some posts on nutrition! I’m sure you’re thinking a lot about what you’re putting into your body lately, and I’m trying to learn more about proper nutrition and portion size. Love your blog!!

5 Hillary June 7, 2015 at 10:57 pm

How much are you allowed to post about the events your work puts on?? Would love to know more about what you do

More easy dinner ideas and what you guys eat on the regular would be good

Any house updates?\

I do love the pregnancy updates though!!! It’s so fun seeing you go through this 🙂

6 Jess June 7, 2015 at 10:58 pm

Pregnancy yoga is great! I recommend doing lots of cat/Cows and squats.

7 Goldie June 8, 2015 at 3:05 am

I love that yellow top. where is it from? it’s so fresh and bright.

xx
Goldie recently posted..The big taboo… and my biggest fear: breastfeeding

8 Meghann June 14, 2015 at 9:15 pm

It’s Brooks PureProject Seamless Tank. I love it!

9 Rachel June 8, 2015 at 3:46 am

No one seems to notice my bump – no special treatment here! My husband had run a marathon yesterday and I was chatting to a lady in the queue for the toilet at a pub later in the day. She asked ‘you didn’t fancy joining him?’ My response: ‘well, at seven months pregnant it didn’t seem like a good idea!’

10 Nikki June 8, 2015 at 8:02 am

When I gave birth last June, that morning I was at the gym. I started getting contractions but continued my workout, finished up, drove myself to the hospital and 8 hours later my son was born.

11 Emily June 8, 2015 at 10:12 am

That is super badass! My mom apparently raced a 5K the morning I was born – too bad I didn’t inherit those running genes.

12 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner June 11, 2015 at 5:32 pm

Rockstar! Bet your baby got those genes. 🙂
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Another Update

13 Meghann June 14, 2015 at 9:15 pm

You are my hero.

14 Sabrina Alexandra June 8, 2015 at 8:30 am

Grow baby, baby! I am just excited to see so many of my favorite bloggers are sharing their pregnancy experience. It makes me be not so fearful about going through 9 months of pregnancy when the time comes. 😉
Sabrina Alexandra recently posted..My Health Story: Part II

15 Adie June 8, 2015 at 9:52 am

I look forward to your weekly updates!! I am having so much fun following along, especially because you’re just a few weeks ahead of me (I’ll be 18w on Wednesday).

It’s still pregnancy-centered, but I agree with Valerie, I would love to see some posts on nutrition! Whether it’ll motivate me to eat better or make me feel better about the constant need for salt and vinegar kettle chips, it’s always nice to see how others are handling it. I had pretty bad aversions in the first trimester so I was mostly eating anything bread+cheese, and it’s been a struggle to get back into the habit of grocery shopping/cooking now that I have no issues with food (except chicken. Chicken gets the stink eye). Wasn’t expecting that!!

16 Amanda @ Slimplify Life June 8, 2015 at 11:37 am

You look great girlfriend! I secretly love pregnancy blogger updates – so don’t ya worry about that 🙂
Amanda @ Slimplify Life recently posted..Time to put on the big girl panties….Commitment Issues

17 EB @ Running on E June 8, 2015 at 1:06 pm

It’s awesome that you are still getting in solid workouts during pregnancy. I am always impressed!
EB @ Running on E recently posted..May Recap

18 Rachel @ Lou Lou Belle June 8, 2015 at 2:19 pm

You’re looking great!

I will piggyback on some of what the other ladies have mentioned… along with the pregnancy posts (I still love these!), I’d like to see more day in the life posts, what’s going on at work and your house!
Rachel @ Lou Lou Belle recently posted..Recipe: Trader Joe’s Coconut Oil Roasted Green Beans

19 Morgan @ Managing Mommyhood June 9, 2015 at 12:21 pm

Your bump is adorable. So funny about the special treatment, when I was pregnant I got so used to people being nice that when I was driving I would get SO confused as to my people weren’t letting me go ot whatever. Obviously, they couldn’t see my belly!
Morgan @ Managing Mommyhood recently posted..5 Things to do Every Night to Make Your Morning Easier – Guest Blogging!

20 melissa fitnessnycblog June 9, 2015 at 1:01 pm

I’d love to hear more about eating for two, cravings, etc.
melissa fitnessnycblog recently posted..Fhitting Room Flatiron Review

21 Catie June 10, 2015 at 1:34 pm

Something you haven’t mentioned: do you plan on continuing to work? Work from home? Any ideas yet?

22 Meghann June 14, 2015 at 9:17 pm

Great topic and something I plan to talk about.

23 Tricia @ A Couple of Dashes June 11, 2015 at 10:28 am

Good for you for continuing to keep up with your workout routine while pregnant. It can’t be easy when I’m not pregnant now and sometimes all I want to do is take a nap! Let them look but always do you!!!
Tricia @ A Couple of Dashes recently posted..How to Get the Most Out of Your Fitness Tracker

24 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner June 11, 2015 at 5:33 pm

I like reading whatever you write! It would be fun to hear more about your new house, new job, how excited Derek is, etc.
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Another Update