Pregnancy: Weeks 13 – 15

by Meghann on April 26, 2015

Week 13

13 weeks

Time to tell the world! We went public with our announcement at the start of the 13th week. Pressing “post” was a lot scarier that I thought it would be, but I’m so happy to have the secret out. It feels like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulder.

I’m now exclusively in maternity bottoms/ loose fitting skirts and dresses. Basically I’ve given up on all of my old pants. Buttons? Who needs buttons? Stretchy panels are where its at. I’m telling you, maternity pants are AMAZING.

We went to Titusville for Easter weekend and my mom presented Baby R with his/her first Easter basket. How cute is this?

first easter basket

This also led to the first questions of what nursery theme/stroller/ crib set/ etc. we’re looking at. Yikes. I haven’t researched anything yet – clearly I’m behind.

Week 14

14 weeks

I’m thankful to report I’m almost back to normal this week. The CRAZY hunger has disappeared and I’m not feeling as nauseous. So this is what everyone means when they say it will all get better in the second trimester?

The week flies by thanks to my crazy work schedule. It’s our largest event of the season, which means I’m working 12+ hr days through the weekend. The work is physically and mentally exhausting. When it’s over I sleep a solid 14 hrs and take another solid week to recover.

Week 15

15 weeks

It’s the first week I feel like I’m actually “showing.” Not that I’ve “popped” or anything, but there’s definitely something  there.

The majority of my co-workers know that I’m expecting, but there are still a few who aren’t aware. It’s kind of amusing to run into co-workers in the hallway who don’t know. They’re starting to do the once over where they look at my stomach, have a confused look, then quickly look away. It’s like they think they know something is going on, but don’t want to ask. I find it hilarious and actually commend everyone who hasn’t asked. I have some very respectful, awesome co-workers. Of course, when I do tell them it’s followed by, “I was wondering…”

The bump was definitely feeling out and proud at Walt Disney World this week.

IMG_6322

I felt great walking around Disney. I did avoid all of the roller coasters and instead opted for a lot of the theater style attractions or kiddie rides.

Now that I’m all caught up on weekly updates, I’m going to dedicate the next post to week 16. Trust me, it’s one you do not want to miss. 😉

1 Linda @ The Fitty April 26, 2015 at 9:24 pm

I think it’s that they don’t know if they want to ask, because if you said no it would be super insulting like calling you fat, you know? Does that make sense? I think it’s considerate of them to be on the safeside and not mention it incase that happened and they don’t want to hurt your feelings. 🙂 but wait another few weeks and they’ll defnitely be sure that you are pregnant!
Linda @ The Fitty recently posted..18th Birthday Wishlist + Giveaway! {#LIPlinkup #22}

2 Angie April 26, 2015 at 10:09 pm

I’m in my 3rd trimester (31 weeks) and have gained 35 lbs of all belly (twins). I STILL have people who won’t ask. I’m amused by it.

3 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } April 26, 2015 at 10:24 pm

I started getting “is she pregnant or chubby?” looks around 17-18 weeks. I was just hoping someone would ask me! I finally had my first stranger say something about it to me when I was out running at 20 weeks (I’m 21 weeks tomorrow.) I love showing off my bump 🙂

4 Laura April 27, 2015 at 8:16 am

I’m curious why you haven’t made an announcement at work so everyone knows? Are you waiting for some reason? I told everyone at work at 13 weeks and they were all super excited!
Laura recently posted..Meal Planning

5 Meghann April 27, 2015 at 8:45 am

I’ve told everyone I work with on a daily basis, but there are co-workers who I don’t speak with regularly that I just haven’t had a chance to tell. It’s a big office and there’s never an opportunity to make any sort of group announcement.

6 Nikki April 27, 2015 at 8:31 am

When do you find out the gender?

7 Meghann April 27, 2015 at 8:46 am

We found out at the 16 week ultrasound

8 lisa valinsky April 27, 2015 at 8:37 am

Love this, and so glad to hear you’re feeling better. Love that Disney bump, and love that you went to Disney while pregnant.

I’m wondering – have you bought maternity leggings, or just wear regular ones (in your usual or a larger size)?
lisa valinsky recently posted..Bits + Pieces

9 Meghann April 27, 2015 at 8:46 am

So far I’ve just been wearing regular ones
I had to roll down the top so they sit below the belly.

10 Katie @ Live Half Full April 27, 2015 at 8:48 am

I’m 15 weeks today and have started getting those looks A LOT! Time to start transitioning into actually maternity clothes so I’m comfortable and look pregnant. 🙂
Katie @ Live Half Full recently posted..What I’ve Read Lately 4

11 jane April 27, 2015 at 9:10 am

you look great. what a difference from week 14 to week 15-its crazy how all of a sudden the belly just grows!

12 Jessica @Myhealthypassion.com April 27, 2015 at 10:19 am

Your bump is so cute!! I am so happy for you that you seem to be more comfortable in your pregnancy and your glowing!!!!! 🙂
Jessica @Myhealthypassion.com recently posted..Spring Time Reading!

13 Stephanie @ My Freckled Life April 27, 2015 at 10:37 am

A stranger finally asked me at about 22 weeks and I was so taken aback I almost didn’t respond! I must have given her this crazy look, because then she started backtracking like she’d offended me, and I had to jump in an assure her that I WAS pregnant. I was just so surprised because I hadn’t quite popped yet and was still in that awkward “is she pregnant or fat” stage until about 26 weeks! Bold move asking, Clinique lady!
Stephanie @ My Freckled Life recently posted..I’m kinda liking this nesting thing…

14 Morgan April 27, 2015 at 10:38 am

I remember when people finally started to ask if I was pregnant, I was so relieved, because it meant I looked pregnant enough to risk it. Your Disney bump picture is adorable, most of mine were in front of a water splashed bathroom mirror…..

15 EB @ Running on E April 27, 2015 at 10:45 am

Your bump is growing so quickly! How exciting! Congrats again. You are just glowing! 🙂
EB @ Running on E recently posted..Friday Five: Running blogs to read

16 Laura April 27, 2015 at 11:54 am

Athleta maternity leggings are my absolute favorite maternity bottom. I’ve tried all kinds of brands and these are the best. I like the panel and just folded it over a little until my belly grew. They aren’t see through and I wear them to work out in and to wear just every day.

17 Nanci @ This Crazy Life of Mine April 27, 2015 at 12:13 pm

I am thoroughly enjoying your pregnancy updates!!! 🙂
Nanci @ This Crazy Life of Mine recently posted..You Are Not Alone – National Infertility Awareness Week

18 Erica April 27, 2015 at 1:00 pm

ADORABLE! I know what its like to pregnant at an amusement park 🙂 Due to our meet up, you were one of the first to know I was pregnant! So so happy for you guys and your little gal

19 Pam April 27, 2015 at 2:17 pm

Congratulations!! Very excited to read about your pregnancy going beautifully!
Pam recently posted..Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal Cookies

20 [email protected] April 27, 2015 at 2:38 pm

That last picture, you have totally popped and you look adorable 🙂
[email protected] recently posted..Fitness Friday

21 Amy April 27, 2015 at 5:02 pm

Don’t feel bad about not starting the nursery plans yet… I’m 30 weeks pregnant and still have about a billion ideas but no firm decisions made yet about our little beeb’s nursery. 🙂

22 Lindsay April 27, 2015 at 7:57 pm

I went to Disneyland when I was 32 weeks pregnant. I rode the kiddie rides like Toad’s Wild Ride. I also rode Pirates. The drops didn’t bother me too much. All the roller-coaster rides I skipped though. I got a ton of pictures of my bump with the characters instead! You need to go again around the same time. Minnie held my tummy & Dale asked if it was a boy or girl by pantomime & Olaf gave my bump a warm hug too!

23 Nikki April 28, 2015 at 8:32 am

Will you be having a gender reveal party for family/friends?