Burgers, Laser Tag, and Beach Sand

by Meghann on March 23, 2015

Hi.

I know. I disappeared again. Only a couple of more weeks until I’m back to normal hours (I hope!).  At least I was able to have a little fun this weekend. 😉

On Friday night Derek and I checked out Locale Market in Downtown St. Pete.

20150320_184635

Locale Market recently opened in the area and focuses on local, fresh food. The two-story market has several stalls that feature fresh seafood, unique cheeses, a salad bar, a bakery, gelato, wine, a gourmet market and so-on and so-on. You have the option of ordering food from any of the stalls or dining in the upstairs restaurant.

20150320_184450

I’d read a lot about Locale Market’s delicious burger options, so we opted to order from the grill downstairs. We placed our order, were handed a pager, and then waited a good 15-20 minutes for our food. It was a little longer than expected, but well worth the wait.

Screen Shot 2015-03-23 at 8.30.38 PM

Hello, friend.

The St. Petersburger: beef, freedom sauce, double smoked bacon, gouda, carmelized onion, mushroom, and romaine. Derek was even able to get his with a gluten free bun! It was freaking fantastic, just as rich and glorious as the photo makes it out to be. It’s definitely not for the faint of heart (I could only eat about half), but it is a delicious Friday treat.

Paired with bacon cheesy fries because why not?

20150320_191649

We spent the rest of the evening walking around St. Pete, watching the sunset behind the city.

20150320_195339

My friend Felipe turned 34 on Saturday – and what did a 34 year old want to do on his birthday? – play laser tag, of course! When’s the last time you played laser tag? Because I’m pretty sure it had been at least 20 years for me. And not much has changed in 20 years either. I mean, I’ve changed, but the look of the set-up looked exactly the same.

20150321_211545

We went into the first game all big and bad. We’re the “adults,” clearly all the kids playing would have some respect? ha! The kids MURDERED us. They weren’t kind about it either. They called us names, had major attitude, and basically walked all over us. Were we really that bad when we were 12? I take it all back now.

I ended the game 15 out of 15. Laser Tag skills? I have none.

20150321_204247

We went into the next game a little more prepared. It’s amazing what a difference a little strategy and knowledge can make.

Unfortunately I had to leave the birthday festivities early. I had an early wake-up call for work and needed to be in St. Pete Beach by 5:00am. Yikes.

Of course, work isn’t so bad if you get to play at the beach afterwards.

Screen Shot 2015-03-23 at 8.31.16 PM

It was crazy packed (hello, spring break crowds!) and I was only out there for a couple of hours, but it was amazing. I seriously need to get out to the beach more often!

Afterwards my co-worker and I found the cutest seafood shack tucked away in a little marina nearby.

20150322_144126

We ate fresh shrimp, coleslaw, and french fries and enjoyed the view of the gorgeous day.

20150322_142035

Perfection.

How was your weekend? Do anything exciting?

1 Courtney! March 23, 2015 at 9:01 pm

That burger looks incredible!
I haven’t played laser tag in YEARS. I’ve actually been trying to think of a FUN birthday party idea for my husband’s 30th that other people would actually show up to.. this might be it! I’m laughing at that old school print-out though.. nice to see that laser tag technology hasn’t improved much 🙂
Courtney! recently posted..Mrs. Robinson’s Romp Trail 10k: Race Recap!

2 Stephanie March 23, 2015 at 11:26 pm

Those burgers look amazing! I am jealous of you being able to go to the beach. I can’t wait for it to be in the 50’s! 🙂
Stephanie recently posted..Favorite Apps

3 Linda @ The Fitty March 24, 2015 at 12:27 am

You call them cheesy fries, we call them poutine here in Canada! You’re missing out if youve never tried them with gravy on top!
Linda @ The Fitty recently posted..Rawlicious + Chipotle Restaurant Visits! {WIAW #13}

4 mary @ minutes per mile March 24, 2015 at 6:34 am

that burger looks so good! i hope i’m playing laser tag well into my 50s 🙂
mary @ minutes per mile recently posted..14 little minutes + peruvian roast chicken

5 Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed March 24, 2015 at 8:32 am

NOM to that burger! Also SO jealous that you’re on the beach! I think I’ll be headed down to the Jersey shore in about a month, but we’ll be lucky if we’re in anything less than hoodies and jeans!
Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed recently posted..Guest Post: Leah’s Whole30 Results!

6 Lindsey @ Simply Lindsey March 24, 2015 at 9:46 am

That looks like a fun weekend! That burger looks amazing! Our weekend was fun but a little stressful. We’re house hunting and everything that we’ve seen has been snatched up immediately!
Lindsey @ Simply Lindsey recently posted..Pure Food | Cookbook Review

7 Paige March 24, 2015 at 2:02 pm

I have never thought that much about moving to Florida, but lately your posts have gotten me longing for it!!!! Maybe one day!

8 EB @ Running on E March 24, 2015 at 2:52 pm

That lunch at the marina looks awesome. Sounds like a great weekend!
EB @ Running on E recently posted..Miles for Maria Training Week #4

9 Sarah @ Runningchickago.com March 24, 2015 at 8:31 pm

wow – what a great looking burger!!

my weekend was more relaxing than “exciting” but, relaxing is good!
Sarah @ Runningchickago.com recently posted..House Hunting Roller Coaster

10 Laura March 25, 2015 at 10:41 am

I think it’d be interesting if you did a post about a day in the life during one of your busy work days the weekend of a race. Would love to hear about all the work and behind the scene details it takes to set up a race!
Laura recently posted..Meal Planning

11 Stacey March 25, 2015 at 2:44 pm

That food! That sunshine! So jealous!
Stacey recently posted..Going at it alone