Springtime

by Meghann on March 11, 2015

Hello, spring!

baseball

Compared to the rest of the country, Florida had it pretty mild this winter. It hasn’t been terribly cold, but it has been pretty cloudy, windy, and rainy the last few weeks. Thankfully the sun has finally broken through and there’s nothing but sunshine on the 7-day forecast – beach trip, anyone?

I had the opportunity to attend my first spring training game yesterday and it was such a fun time. Despite living in Tampa for the last 4 years – where there’s half a dozen teams that do spring training within an 60 mile radius – I’d never attended a game before.

Yesterday we watched the Toronto Blue Jays take on the Minnesota Twins at this great, old-school stadium in Dunedin. I loved the small, outdoor stadium. It had so much character and was a hundred times better than the indoor stadium the Tampa Bay Rays play at in St. Pete. It was also the perfect spot to enjoy the amazing spring weather. I’m sure it’s a different story in the heat of summer, but it was perfect for the mild spring day.

I’m hoping to bring Derek to another game in the next couple of weeks. I hear the Phillies have a great spring stadium in Clearwater. I don’t really care who’s playing, just as long as we’re outside and I have a beer in one hand and a hot dog in the other. πŸ˜‰

I’m still recovering from losing that hour over the weekend (the last couple of mornings have been brutal!), but I’m totally digging the pay off. It was so nice to spend the extra hour of daylight outside last night playing fetch with Maddie.

fetch

I could not have asked for a better evening.

I was tempted to throw my swimsuit on and float in the pool for a bit, but it’s still a wee bit cold for that. Give it a week or two of sunshine and warm temps and it should be ready. Who’s up for a pool party?

poolside

Welcome, spring. We hope you’ll stick around.

1 Kate March 11, 2015 at 10:00 pm

The Phillies stadium is great! We went to a game once and had a ball even though it was August and soooo muggy.

2 Linda @ The Fitty March 11, 2015 at 11:01 pm

I feel like it was just yesterday that we turned out clocks back and now we’re springing forward. In some ways i don’t understand the concept–if the. Sun is staying up later, why are we not turning the clock back to have more time to spend in the light?
Linda @ The Fitty recently posted..A (Shameful) Binge Day + Audition Recap {#LIPlinkup #19}

3 EB @ Running on E March 12, 2015 at 8:00 am

I’m struggling in the mornings as well, but the evenings are great. So jealous of all your sunshine!
EB @ Running on E recently posted..February Recap

4 Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed March 12, 2015 at 9:54 am

It’s in the 50s up here in PA and it feels amazing! I’m just happy the snow is finally almost gone. So jealous of your pool weather and beach plans haha. I would also love to come see a Phillies game at Clearwater… maybe one day.
Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed recently posted..Fifteen Point Two

5 Melissa T March 12, 2015 at 11:32 am

So who won the game? I am from MN. We’ve vacationed in FL a few times and have never gone during spring break! Bummer.

6 Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer March 12, 2015 at 12:00 pm

I went to high school in Dunedin. Played lots of games at that stadium. It is such a fun place! Glad to see you enjoyed it!
Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer recently posted..Wanting It Is Not Enough

7 kristin | W [H] A T C H March 12, 2015 at 12:10 pm

oh my gosh, i too am really hoping that spring sticks around
kristin | W [H] A T C H recently posted..BY FOOT: PICACHO NATIONAL PARK, HONDURAS

8 Megan March 12, 2015 at 12:18 pm

Psstt.. Baseball is played at “ballparks” not “stadiums”. Lol. I grew up with my dad correcting me of this all the time so it sticks out to me. πŸ™‚

Looks like fun! My sister lives in the Phoenix area and we went to some spring break games 2 yrs ago when we visited. It was a lot of fun!

9 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner March 12, 2015 at 12:34 pm

I miss the sun in the morning! I hate going to work in the dark. Soon it will be light out for a while though, so I shouldn’t complain. I just think Daylight Savings is a little silly.
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Another Update

10 Stephanie @ My Freckled Life March 12, 2015 at 12:45 pm

Hahaha, so jealous of your weather!!! I was happy to wake up to above freezing temps this morning! πŸ™‚ But springtime is finally breaking through here too (just in a different way!) and I couldn’t be more excited!
Stephanie @ My Freckled Life recently posted..Spicy Chicken Sausage Pasta

11 [email protected] March 12, 2015 at 2:40 pm

Spring is making its way to MI as well, but it’s not nearly as glorious as your weather!!
[email protected] recently posted..Emma {11 Months}

12 Jordan March 12, 2015 at 2:57 pm

You can always go see the Braves play at Wide World of Sports! That’s where they do their spring training.

13 donna March 12, 2015 at 7:17 pm

Sounds like a great time! We went to the town of Duniedn after the best damn race, great brewery there by the way. Had a great time walking around the town and checking out the farmers market.

14 Steph @ 321delish March 13, 2015 at 3:39 pm

I’ll go to a Phillies game with you!!
Steph @ 321delish recently posted..What’s Going On?

15 Tricia @ A Couple of Dashes March 15, 2015 at 9:55 pm

I live in Seattle and it’s actually been pretty nice here and mild this winter too, which I’ve been thankful for. I’m not much for cold weather and snow, so this winter has been perfect for me! A pool party sounds fabulous, but I think I’ll have to wait a little while before I can have one here. πŸ™‚
Tricia @ A Couple of Dashes recently posted..5 Things Friday – 5 Things About My Day

16 Sarah @ Runningchickago.com March 17, 2015 at 9:45 pm

Nothin’ better than spring time weather! It was 70 degrees in Chicago yesterday, and 35 today – ugh! I want spring to come & stay!
Sarah @ Runningchickago.com recently posted..House Hunting Roller Coaster