Birthdays and Pizza

by Meghann on March 8, 2015

Hi Friends!

Remember me? I used to be pretty regular at writing this blog. I promise I haven’t been ignoring you, it’s just a very busy time at work right now. We’re gearing up for our first event of the season, which includes working late hours during the week, and pretty much every Saturday leading up to the event.

Just to show you how lame I’ve been… Friday night I was in bed before 9:00, so I could be awake  at 4:00am, to make it to Sarasota before 7. I worked an expo until 3 and didn’t make it home until 5. Luckily the hubby knows how hard I’ve been working lately, and was kind enough to schedule us a couples’ massage that evening. It was 60 minutes of bliss and it was awesome. We had dinner at Sweet Tomatoes, then rented the Theory of Everything on AppleTV at home. (By the way, GREAT movie. I highly recommend it)

Sunday morning I opted not to fight the time change, and instead decided to sleep in and recoop as much sleep as possible.  I slept in until 9, then made pancakes and binged on Friends. It was the restful Sunday morning I needed.

It was a GORGEOUS day, perfect for celebrating Grant’s first birthday.

20150308_131625

I can’t believe Grant is 1! I swear it was only yesterday my friends and I were sitting around Jess’ living room, drinking a bottle of wine, and discussing our future baby plans after a night of celebrating at Jess’ bachelorette party. A little more than 6 months later Mary let us know that little Grant was on his way. Mary has been an incredible mom since day 1 (even before day 1) and Grant is one lucky kid to have both her and his dad, Marcus, in his life. It’s an honor to be a part of Grant’s life and I look forward to continuing to watch him grow into the amazing little man is already his. Happy Birthday, Grant!

If you live near a Publix, then you are probably already aware of the amazing Publix pizza crust dough they sell in the bakery section. It’s fresh dough straight from the bakery that makes the world’s best pizza crust. However, it’s near impossible to roll out. Over the years I’ve tried perfecting my pizza crust dough hand toss abilities, but despite my best efforts, I usually end up with a mishapened, uneven crust. It’s still an amazing crust – just a little doughier in some areas than others.

Well, the Publix gods must have finally heard my prayers because I’ve recently see pre-rolled Publix pizza crust dough appear in the bakery section. It’s a little pricier than the regular dough ($3.29 versus $2.65), but the extra $0.64 seemed worth it.

Look at the perfect crust distribution. Perfection.

20150308_183917

So good.

20150308_185939

And for dessert – fresh strawberries from Plant City (we bought a flat at the Strawberry Festival last weekend), Cool Whip, and Girl Scout Cookies.

20150308_194301

I’d been planning this dessert all day. Ah-mazing.

I’ll try to blog a little more this week. Pinky promise.

Have a great week, everyone!

1 Ash Bear March 9, 2015 at 5:14 am

I’m so glad you guys had a good weekend. I may actually rent Theory of Everything this week as Bo is out of town and I haven’t seen it! Thanks for the suggestion!
Ash Bear recently posted..Silent Saturday – Spring Ski Style

2 Linda @ The Fitty March 9, 2015 at 8:01 am

Oh my God, is that stone-oven baked pizza? Does it taste much different than baking pizza in an oven?
Linda @ The Fitty recently posted..Meditation + I Ate Dairy and Nuts + Other Tidbits

3 Nikki March 9, 2015 at 8:34 am

Only once a year on New Years Eve do my husband and I make our own pizza.

4 Courtney! March 9, 2015 at 9:04 am

I am SO happy that it is strawberry season again! I’ve been meaning to check out The Theory of Everything, glad you liked it! Hope you have an easier week 🙂
Courtney! recently posted..2015 Goals (February Recap!)

5 kristin | W [H] A T C H March 9, 2015 at 10:43 am

i totally went to bed at 9:30 on friday night. no shame.
kristin | W [H] A T C H recently posted..SUNDAY MORNING

6 Angie March 9, 2015 at 3:13 pm

OMG….what is on that pizza!! It looks DEEE-lish!!!!
Angie recently posted..Miami Weekend

7 Mabel @ Ma Bella Vita March 9, 2015 at 8:01 pm

Cant go wrong with pizza and cake. Simple yet delicious treats for a great bday celebration 🙂
Mabel @ Ma Bella Vita recently posted..What I know for Sure Sundays IV: Everything has a solution, except if you’re dead

8 Tory March 10, 2015 at 10:04 am

Those strawberries look delicious – I usually don’t spring for the healthy, but the Girl Scout cookies probably balance it back out!
Tory recently posted..Weekly Recap: March 2, 2015

9 EB @ Running on E March 10, 2015 at 1:22 pm

That dessert looks awesome. Now I’m all kinds of hungry.
EB @ Running on E recently posted..February Recap

10 Javonte March 10, 2015 at 2:36 pm

Mh, pizza is delicious!!
But following my new diet plan (http://wp.me/p5NIsT-k ) I cannot eat pizza.. 🙁

11 Tricia @ A Couple of Dashes March 15, 2015 at 9:52 pm

I think I’m going to have to check out The Theory of Everything now that I know it’s worth it! Thanks for the recommendation! I hope things start to calm down at work for you soon!
Tricia @ A Couple of Dashes recently posted..5 Things Friday – 5 Things About My Day

12 Sarah @ Runningchickago.com March 17, 2015 at 9:47 pm

that pizza & dessert look great! nothin’ better than a relaxing weekend with the hubby & friends!
Sarah @ Runningchickago.com recently posted..House Hunting Roller Coaster