This is Thirty

by Meghann on February 9, 2015

I made it. I turned 30 yesterday and survived. So this is thirty? Meh, doesn’t feel much different from 29 if you ask me. 😉

20150207_204757

It was a pretty kick-ass birthday weekend. Besides having to work Friday night and Saturday morning (hey, you gotta do what you gotta do), I spent the majority of it surrounded by friends and family.

On Saturday night I celebrated with close friends at pink, black, and gold themed party at my house.

30backdrop

There was delicious food…

30food

Chick-Fil-A chicken nuggets = birthday winner!

And the cutest cake ever.

30cake

30cakecandles

I was up early on Sunday to celebrate with my family at Disney. Yes, even after the Disney overload last weekend, I couldn’t wait to return for my birthday. My sister’s birthday gift to me was bringing my nephew Owen to celebrate. Seriously, it was the best birthday present ever.

classicdisney 20150208_114849 20150208_132238

Owen had a blast. There were enough infant-friendly rides to keep him entertained (pro-tip: as along as the ride doesn’t have any height restrictions, infants are allowed to ride it) and he developed a love affair with Mickey Mouse.

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7183777880

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7183777885 PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7183776804 OWENDUMBO 20150208_135729 20150208_154409 20150208_163845

We’re already planning his next trip. Nephews rock!

Thank you for all of the birthday wishes! Happy to hear there are so many fans of the Dirty Thirties out there. Now let’s hope they continue to live up to all those expectations!

1 Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed February 9, 2015 at 9:52 pm

Happy Birthday!!! Glad you had a fun time, loved your gold dress and those blue ray bans always catch my eye.
Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed recently posted..Our Menu for the Week & Reintroducing Beans

2 Kristin | W [H] A T C H February 9, 2015 at 9:55 pm

such a fabulous photo backdrop!
Kristin | W [H] A T C H recently posted..SUNDAY MORNING

3 Alisha @ Real Girl Running February 9, 2015 at 10:33 pm

Happy Birthday!! Welcome to the club 🙂
Alisha @ Real Girl Running recently posted..Week of Eats: A Birthday Weekend

4 Elizabeth E February 9, 2015 at 11:30 pm

I love the dress you wore to your birthday party! Where is it from, if you don’t mind me asking?
Elizabeth E recently posted..Struggle City

5 Meghann February 10, 2015 at 7:53 am

It’s from Rent the Runway!

6 Marju February 10, 2015 at 12:28 am

You look amazing in your party dress! Welcome to the next decade 🙂
Marju recently posted..Secrets and suspense

7 Mary February 10, 2015 at 3:16 am

Glad you had a fantastic birthday. Looks like it was filled with all the best things…friends, Disney and cake! That cake seriously looks amazing!
Mary recently posted..A Janathon and Jantastic review

8 Laureen @peachylau February 10, 2015 at 3:16 am

Happy Birthday again. You look absolutely fantastic. x
Laureen @peachylau recently posted..{Sunday pamper} Empties #2

9 Sarah F February 10, 2015 at 3:45 am

Looks like a fantastic birthday celebration! Happy 30th 🙂 Love the party dress!
Sarah F recently posted..How yoga teacher training changed my yoga practice

10 Linda @ TheFitty February 10, 2015 at 5:59 am

You are surrounded by amazing people who love and support you–I’m so glad you had a blast celebrating your birthday with your loved ones. 🙂 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Linda @ TheFitty recently posted..THE 100 WORKOUT

11 The Many Thoughts of a Reader February 10, 2015 at 7:30 am

Looks like fun! I can’t believe I’m almost 31. I keep forgetting that I’m 30!
The Many Thoughts of a Reader recently posted..Friday Five

12 Heather February 10, 2015 at 8:13 am

Happy Birthday! I hit the big 3-0 in September and was surprised at how ‘meh’ it felt. Glad to hear I’m not alone in that sentiment! Looks like you had a great weekend, cheers to a new decade with even better adventures!
Heather recently posted..A New Race and Some Training Goals

13 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More February 10, 2015 at 8:18 am

Happy Birthday!! Glad you were able to enjoy it!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..“Graveyard Whistling” Nothing But Thieves

14 Courtney! February 10, 2015 at 12:44 pm

Great dress!!
A fancy party at home with friends and a day at Disney! Sounds like the perfect birthday weekend to me! Happy Birthday!
Courtney! recently posted..It Starts…

15 Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate February 10, 2015 at 12:52 pm

Happy Birthday to you! Beautiful cake!

16 Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine February 10, 2015 at 1:14 pm

Happy Birthday dear!
Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine recently posted..My Yoga Is Not Your Yoga

17 Tricia @ A Couple of Dashes February 11, 2015 at 12:20 am

Happy Birthday! It looks like you had quite the birthday weekend celebration! I love how often you and your family get together to go to Disneyland! That’s such a fun tradition. I’ve only been to each park once, but want to go back to do more races!
Tricia @ A Couple of Dashes recently posted..Weekend in Review – Seattle Bike Swap, Dessert For Breakfast and More!

18 Stacey February 12, 2015 at 6:08 pm

Happy birthday! Your gold birthday dress is GORGEOUS!!!! I’m glad you’ve enjoyed 30 so far… it only gets better 🙂
Stacey recently posted..Sometimes I feel like a nut…

19 Steph February 13, 2015 at 10:06 am

I need to know where you got that gorgeous sparkle dress from. I NEED ONE.
Steph recently posted..2015 – Looking Ahead #Marathonpalooza