The Challenge: WDW44

by Meghann on January 29, 2015

A couple of months ago an article from the Orlando Sentinel popped up in my newsfeed about a couple of Disney fanatics who rode all 46 rides at Walt Disney World in a single day. I was intrigued. Very intrigued.

I immediately hopped over to the duo’s blog and poured over their very detailed recap. The whole time I was nodding my head thinking “uh-huh, uh-huh, I could totally do this.” On a whim I shared the link on my Facebook page with a call out for any friends who might be interested in taking the challenge with me. What do you know? I’m not the only Disney fanatic out there. My friend Stephanie immediately jumped on board and within a couple of hours we had a date set, hotel room booked, and were planning our adventure.

44_rides

Unfortunately we won’t be able to ride all 46 rides on property (Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids are currently closed for maintenance), but we still think 44 is a great challenge and we’re excited to take it on. You can find the full list of rules (yes, there are rules) for the challenge HERE.

Basically for the purposes of the challenge, only rides that move are counted. Shows or attractions where you sit and watch a screen do not count. All rides are taken from the official listing of attractions on disneyworld.com:

Magic Kingdom

2. Wildlife Express
  3. Kali River Rapids
  4. Expedition Everest
  5. Dinosaur
  6. Primeval Whirl
  7. TriceraTop Spin

There’s actually some rides on this list that I’ve never been on (or it’s been a while!), so I’m excited to branch out.

There’s also no cheating with lines. FastPasses are okay, as long as you use them as a regular guest would. Single rider lines are also okay. Skipping or cutting lines is a big no-no.

Stephanie and I have a hotel room on property to take advantage of Extra Magic Hours. If all goes as planned we’ll have from 8:00am – 2:00am to ride all 44. Can it be done? We think so!

Follow us on Twitter (@mealsandmiles and @goobermonkey78) and Instagram (@mealsandmiles and @goobermonkey) on Saturday. We’ll tag all of our posts #WDW44.

1 Jamie January 30, 2015 at 7:35 am

This sounds like such a fun challenge! And right up your alley since you’re such a Disney fanatic! I’ll definitely be following along w your hashtag – good luck! 🙂

2 Jojo @ Run Fast Eat Lots January 30, 2015 at 7:53 am

What a a fun challenge! GL!
Jojo @ Run Fast Eat Lots recently posted..I’m the Worst Blogger Ever (but here’s a soup recipe)

3 Emily January 30, 2015 at 8:31 am

Woah! That’s ambitious. 🙂 Hope it goes well and you aren’t too dizzy after all those rides ;D HAVE FUN!!!
Emily recently posted..Loving God more than Self.

4 Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed January 30, 2015 at 8:42 am

Oh my! Sounds like a long day. I think I’d be getting a fast pass for Snow White, Peter Pan, and Toy Story Mania. Good luck!
Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed recently posted..January Whole30: Meal Plan Days 26 – 30

5 Laura January 30, 2015 at 9:52 am

Dang, that’s intense!!! My fiance and I went to Disney in November and did three parks in one day, which we thought was ambitious. We left at midnight and I was absolutely pooped! I’m excited to read about it!

6 Carissa @Fit2Flex January 30, 2015 at 9:54 am

I love this and I’m exhausted reading about it! Have fun…and sorry I won’t be there to shout your name when you “finish”!!
Carissa @Fit2Flex recently posted..20 Week Pregnancy Update

7 Anna January 30, 2015 at 10:10 am

This is awesome!! I can’t wait to see/read how it goes!! Have fun!

8 Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine January 30, 2015 at 10:35 am

Haha, that is going to be so much fun!
Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine recently posted..Friday Finisher 1/30/15

9 Tory January 30, 2015 at 10:38 am

I want nothing more than to head back down to Florida and try this out for myself! Whenever I read that article you shared, I was already making travel plans. Alas, it looks like the next time I’ll be down is for Dopey 2017
Tory recently posted..My Backpack Tour

10 Erica January 30, 2015 at 10:55 am

I love this! I can’t wait to read your after post and follow you on instagram while you’re doing it 🙂

11 Michele January 30, 2015 at 11:27 am

This sounds so awesome! I’m very jealous and can’t wait to follow along!

12 Hannah @ Eat, Drink and Save Money January 30, 2015 at 12:33 pm

I love it! Can’t wait to follow your adventures. Have fun and enjoy a few drinks in Epcot to celebrate!
Hannah @ Eat, Drink and Save Money recently posted..Food Waste Friday and Seeds of Change Curry Meal

13 Courtney! January 30, 2015 at 3:31 pm

This is awesome!! I’ve never heard of it before, but it is absolutely on my bucket list now! I think it would be fun to also have another couple competing to see who could do it first (unless you have to ride them in order.. I didn’t read the full rules yet).
I’ll be especially curious, if you wear a fitbit, what your step count is tomorrow!
Courtney! recently posted..Things I’m Loving Lately (Jan 2015)

14 Jess January 30, 2015 at 5:01 pm

That sounds like so much fun!

15 Lindsay @ A Runnaroundd Life January 30, 2015 at 9:05 pm

Do you have room for one more???? 😀 😀

16 Laura February 1, 2015 at 8:51 pm

Awesome! Hope that you had a great time with all 44 rides 🙂
Laura recently posted..January Faves

17 Kim February 2, 2015 at 6:07 am

This sounds like the most fun challenge I’ve seen on a blog since the food stamps grocery shopping thing a while back – can’t wait to read how it goes – good luck! 🙂