Weekend Report

by Meghann on January 25, 2015

I love weekends.

I mean, I really, really love weekends. I could really get used to sleeping-in every morning, binge-watching Friends everyday, and staying in my pjs until noon.

Friday night was pizza night. Since Derek is gluten free, I rarely get to order pizza in, but every once in a while we agree to do our own thing for dinner. Derek had leftovers on Friday and I ordered a giant pizza from a local pizza spot. When I ordered it, I had just arrived home from work and was starving. A giant pizza? No problem. However, after waiting 60 minutes for the delivery and snacking on mixed nuts, chips, and whatever else I could get my hands on, I was pretty full by the time it arrived. Fail.

pizza

At least the one slice was delicious. It was the “house special” and came with ricotta, roasted red peppers, spinach, and fried eggplant.  You’ll never guess what I was eating the rest of the weekend. 😉

Saturday started with sleeping in and donuts.

20150124_110224

Perk’s Donut Bar recently opened in South Tampa and I’ve been dying to check it out. It’s a custom donut shop where you start with a cake donut base (a gf option is also available!), coating, topping, and drizzle.

20150124_105520

Everything is made fresh in house, and your donut is dressed while you wait.

20150124_105639

My donut had peanut butter icing, chopped nuts, and a chocolate drizzle.

donut

It was amazing. I can’t wait to go back and try other combinations, but I think the peanut butter/ chocolate will be hard to beat.

After donuts we headed to St. Pete for the Tampa Bay Home Show. You know you’re getting old when your Saturday includes….

We’re looking to redo our floors in the near future and wanted to get a feel for what’s out there. The home show was a little overwhelming – too many vendors trying to sell us stuff we really don’t need. We did a lap keeping our eyes down (never make eye contact!) and were in and out pretty quickly.

Since the weather was amazing, we decided to enjoy lunch by the water. We headed to Fresco’s Waterfront in Downtown.

20150124_133014

The scene just screamed Bloody Mary.

bloody mary

I had a grouper sandwich with fries and it was fabulous.

20150124_135629

Saturday night looked like this.

20150124_201816

I was up early-ish on Sunday for a 5 mile run. You really can’t beat Florida in the winter time. It was in low 50s for my run at 8:00am, the sun was shining bright, and the humidity was low.

20150125_072433

It was also great weather to test the latest additions to my running wardrobe: the Brooks Women’s PureProject SL II top and Women’s PureProject Seamless Ombre Capri.

I’m already obsessed with the PureProject SL II top. It’s light, airy, and really comfortable to run in. I also like the loose fit and fun, open detail on the back.

20150125_072550

I’m also a fan of the PureProject Seamless Ombre Capri. It’s functional (great integration of seamless pockets and comfortable DNA fabric) and really cute. I love the pink detail on the bottom.

The rest of Sunday involved running errands, cleaning the house, and an evening of grilling out.

20150125_172617

Have I mentioned how much I love Florida in the winter time? It was the perfect night for dining al fresco with the fam.

20150125_175319

Time to prep for another week and start the countdown to another weekend.

Good night!

1 Linda @ TheFitty January 25, 2015 at 10:01 pm

I love friends, but when you’ve watched so ma y episodes, the humor becomes predictable and you no longer enjoy it as much, you know? Also, love those leggings!
Linda @ TheFitty recently posted..The 3 Secret Ingredients For Perfect Chocolate Chili!

2 Caroline @ The Little Things Blog January 25, 2015 at 10:04 pm

That donut place sounds amazing!!
Caroline @ The Little Things Blog recently posted..NOTW + Friday Facts

3 Alisha @ Real Girl Running January 26, 2015 at 12:20 am

Wow, that donut looks and sounds amazing! And I love the Brooks running top! I’ll have to keep an eye out for it in our stores.
Alisha @ Real Girl Running recently posted..Australia Day Weekend Fun!

4 Ash Bear January 26, 2015 at 1:55 am

That grouper sandwich looks amazing! YUM!

5 Molly January 26, 2015 at 7:50 am

Nice post! I miss these!

6 Jennifer Lefforge January 26, 2015 at 8:09 am

So, that top is to die for. LOVE.

But why must you kill me with all the great food pics?? Trying to be good as we have a beach trip coming up for our anniversary but the food! Oh the food! Dying. Gonna go eat a banana and try to get over it;). Great post!
Jennifer Lefforge recently posted..A Reminder To My Blogger Friends – Your Words ALWAYS Matter

7 Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed January 26, 2015 at 8:23 am

SO jealous of all your warm weather fun. That donut place looks amazing! I would make something with chocolate, caramel, and coconut… like a donut version of a Samoa. That pizza also looks great. I love ricotta on a pizza.
Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed recently posted..January Whole30: Days 14 – 20

8 Lindsey @ Simply Lindsey January 26, 2015 at 8:40 am

Those donuts look SO delicious!! It’d be so fun to get one of those donut pans and have a donut “decorating” party for brunch!
Lindsey @ Simply Lindsey recently posted..Weekly Meal Plan 1/25 – 1/30

9 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner January 26, 2015 at 9:39 am

My friend is on season 2 of Friends, and he doesn’t like it. It makes me so sad, because it’s one of my all-time favorites! Clearly he’s missing out. Looks like a fun weekend, but I’m sure I would’ve demolished that pizza (well, more of it).
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Update

10 Katie January 26, 2015 at 10:07 am

Looks like a perfect weekend!! I love having pizza leftovers throughout the weekend.
Katie recently posted..Chance Chat 2015 #4: Tattoo

11 Jessica January 26, 2015 at 10:42 am

So- I am coming down to Tampa next week and thinking I need to find this Perk’s Donut Shop. Also that top is just amazing! Looks like a great top to run in!! Also, I saw in the pic of your table on Sunday night some greek yogurts. What did you use those for?? Trying to really make healthier swaps!

12 Stephanie @ My Freckled Life January 26, 2015 at 11:33 am

I started drooling over that picture of your pizza (it’s like all my favorite things in one!), but then I had a full on slobber-fest once you started talking about that donut. What a cool place! I love anything that is customizable, and donuts just take it up a notch. You’re making my lunch salad seem awfully lame now! ;-P
Stephanie @ My Freckled Life recently posted..The Weekend of Food

13 Rebecca @ Bring Back Delicious January 26, 2015 at 1:39 pm

I hadn’t heard of custom donut shops, but apparently we have a bunch of them here. I guess I shouldn’t be so surprised because it’s a great idea.

But now I want donuts 🙁
Rebecca @ Bring Back Delicious recently posted..Simply Delicious Flourless Chocolate Cake

14 Kristen January 26, 2015 at 2:30 pm

That pizza looks delicious! I took the fiance to have some mellow mushroom–can you believe he’s never had it! Looks like you had an awesome, relaxing weekend!

15 Stacey January 26, 2015 at 2:36 pm

I’m so jealous of your weather… and your running outfits!
Stacey recently posted..26.2 Thoughts I have BEFORE a marathon

16 [email protected] January 26, 2015 at 2:42 pm

That donut place sounds amazing! What a great idea!
Also, love those capris!!
[email protected] recently posted..100 a Day

17 Reenie January 27, 2015 at 11:21 am

Just curious, did Derek go GF by choice, or health? How could he resist that pizza!! 😮

18 Tory January 27, 2015 at 5:10 pm

Can donut bars become a thing all over the country? Like can they be the new froyo places? I would die for one of those!
Tory recently posted..Our Centralia Trip – August 2014

19 Courtney! January 28, 2015 at 12:28 pm

Custom donut shop!? I really want to try that!
Those ombre leggings are really cute!
Courtney! recently posted..Disney Bound! & A Runner’s Guide to Kansas City!

20 Star February 3, 2015 at 5:55 am

That pizza looks delicious! What’s the name of the restaurant? I’m also in Tampa and would love to try it.