A Special Visitor

by Meghann on December 29, 2014

Guess who ran 10 miles this weekend?! This girl!

10miles

Hey, that’s my longest run since June. I’ll take it!

I’ve been slowly building my mileage back up since October and am thrilled to finally be back in double digits.

So why all the miles? In less than two weeks I’ll be toeing the starting line of the Walt Disney World Half Marathon on behalf of New Balance.

wdwhalf

Woo hoo!

I’ve been slowly making my way through the RunDisney series (WDW Marathon, Princess Half, Disneyland Half, Wine & Dine, etc.) and am excited to add WDW Half Β to the list. Now I just need to find a way to get back to California for the Tinkerbell, Star Wars, and Avengers Halfs to complete the set. Β Everyone needs a goal, right?

Who else is running a RunDisney race in 2015?

I got my long run out of the way early on Saturday so I could spend the rest of the weekend hanging out with this guy!

owenderek

How lucky am I to get to hang out with Owen twice in a one-week span?!

My sister and brother-in-law braved the 2.5 hr drive (Owen’s longest car trip to date!) to finally see our new house and show Owen around Tampa. It was really nice having them here – we used the new grill (a Christmas gift!), watched movies, played board games, and took Owen to the aquarium. Basically we were boring old grown-ups and I loved every minute of it.

IMG_6079

IMG_6086

IMG_6103

IMG_6105

IMG_6121

IMG_6137

IMG_6138

By the way, 4.5 month olds love the aquarium. Owen was mesmerized by all the lights, colors, and moving shapes.

We said our good-byes this morning and Derek and I got started on our list of tasks to do during Christmas break. Both of our offices are closed this week, so we’re taking advantage by painting, hanging art, and taking measurements for new floors (!). Sleeping-in is on high on that list too. πŸ˜‰

1 Tricia @ A Couple of Dashes December 29, 2014 at 9:33 pm

Congrats on your mileage! I did the WDW Half last year and it was so much fun! You’re lucky to live close enough to do a ton of them!
Tricia @ A Couple of Dashes recently posted..Weekend in Review: My first acai bowl, chocolate chip pancakes and all of the movies.

2 kristin | W [H] A T C H December 29, 2014 at 9:59 pm

congrats on the double digit run! i absolutely loved the WDW half — have a blast.
kristin | W [H] A T C H recently posted..WHEN IN: ANTANANARIVO, MADAGASCAR

3 Linda @ TheFitty December 29, 2014 at 10:40 pm

Best of luck on your marathon!
Linda @ TheFitty recently posted..Paleo/Keto-Friendly Gift Guide + Stepping Back From Blogging

4 Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed December 30, 2014 at 8:30 am

Congrats on your long run πŸ™‚ We finally hung a few things on our walls last night. We’re having a NYE housewarming party so we’ve been running around doing a ton of last minute house projects. I’m so jealous that you’re off work, I could really use that time before the party haha. Sleeping in doesn’t sound too bad either. Enjoy your time!
Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed recently posted..Tis the Season

5 Courtney! December 30, 2014 at 10:21 am

I think the WDW Half is my favorite Run Disney race of the ones I’ve done. Long enough to be worth the hassle of travel and parking, not girl-y themed, and a fun course (I think WDW races are way better than DL course-wise). I’m jealous!.. but I am doing Star Wars the weekend after πŸ™‚

Sounds like a fun weekend. My cousin is expecting, so I can’t wait to have a baby in the family again!
Courtney! recently posted..2015 Goals (and WTF happened in 2014)

6 Kaci @ Running the Next Step December 30, 2014 at 12:13 pm

I’m doing the Glass Slipper Challenge this year! It’s my first, and probably only, Disney race and I’m super excited!
Kaci @ Running the Next Step recently posted..Christmas and Family Time

7 Amanda December 30, 2014 at 12:43 pm

Owen is adorable! That sign made me giggle.
Amanda recently posted..Belated Christmas

8 [email protected] December 30, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Your hair has been flawless lately! I love the bangs. πŸ™‚
[email protected] recently posted..Peace Out Holidays

9 meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles December 30, 2014 at 2:37 pm

I always want to run a Disney race especially the one next week! It’s just so complicated because I need to bring people with me to watch my son while I run. Ugh! Wish they would offer babysitting or something. We just came back from Disney, we love it there! Glad to see you are back to double-digit runs!
meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles recently posted..The Food Mistakes I Made In Disney

10 Blair December 30, 2014 at 3:29 pm

RE: RunDisney – I ran the Avengers last year and am on the fence about doing Disneyland this year – but, I am pretty sure I will be doing Wine and Dine.
Blair recently posted..Back in the Game

11 The Many Thoughts of a Reader December 30, 2014 at 4:19 pm

that looks like a great weekend!
The Many Thoughts of a Reader recently posted..Biggest Disappointments of 2014

12 AndreaClaire December 30, 2014 at 4:55 pm

A few friends and I are planning on doing the Avengers Half in November (seeing as sign up isn’t until April, we’ll see how many of us actually commit to it once we sober up πŸ˜‰ ). A chance to run through Disneyland sporting my geek status quite literally on my sleeve? DONE! (Although I will walk the vast majority of that, I’m not even going to pretend that I am going to attempt to run the whole thing.)

Love the ‘no hands in the water’ picture. Gave me a good chuckle.

13 Alisha @ Real Girl Running December 30, 2014 at 8:17 pm

Great job on the run! πŸ™‚

I’ll have to remember that babies love aquariums. I’m sure it will come in handy one day πŸ™‚

Happy New Year!
Alisha @ Real Girl Running recently posted..5 Tips to Making Habits Stick

14 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner December 31, 2014 at 8:35 am

How awesome that you both have the week off together! Happy New Year!
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Update

15 Jessie January 1, 2015 at 5:58 pm

Nice job on the mileage! I’m running the WDW Marathon the day after your race, I’m excited, it will be my first time at Disney! And then I’m running the Tinkerbell Half and 10k in Disneyland in May. I figured i might as well go big if I was to do one disney race this year.

16 Rachel Boldman January 2, 2015 at 10:35 pm

I’m running the half next week, too! It will be my first rundisney race and I can’t wait! I doubt I’ll see you there but if I do, I will definitely be one of those weird people who come up and say hi πŸ™‚