Christmas Recap 2014

by Meghann on December 26, 2014

Happy Boxing Day! 🙂

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, filled with lots of family, love, and joy. This year’s Christmas celebration was extra special thanks to little Owen and all the Christmas magic babies bring with them.

Mom tree

I mean, does it get any cuter?

Owen Lights

It was my parents’ turn to host the annual Anderson family Christmas eve dinner.  They ended up having 53 RSVPs and did an amazing job throwing a fabulous party. My parents have the best house for Christmas celebrating.

IMG_5981

IMG_5989

IMG_5996

IMG_5997

Christmas Sisters

IMG_5999

IMG_6019

Once the extended family left, we opened our traditional Christmas jammies presents and tracked Santa as he started his U.S. trek in the Northeast, before making his way down the coast.

IMG_6023

Christmas morning was all about Owen. That kid’s enthusiasm for wrapping paper is never ending. Next year I’m just wrapping empty boxes in paper and calling it a day. 😉

IMG_6034

IMG_6028

IMG_6040

IMG_6042

owen xmas

Merry Christmas, Owen!

IMG_6064

How was your Christmas? Does your family have any unique traditions?

1 Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine December 27, 2014 at 8:34 am

I love the HUGE gathering! So much fun to have so many people together!
Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine recently posted..Friday Finisher 12/26/14

2 Nikki December 27, 2014 at 8:46 am

My son is 6 months old and he would love that car Owen is flashing.

3 Linda @ The Fitty December 27, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Happy boxing day indeed. I love your matching PJ’s.
Linda @ The Fitty recently posted..Paleo/Keto-Friendly Gift Guide + Stepping Back From Blogging

4 Traci December 27, 2014 at 10:19 pm

No, it doesn’t get any cuter! Owen is an adorable name, too. (Isn’t being an aunt the best?)
Traci recently posted..Just One of Those Days

5 Tricia @ A Couple Of Dashes December 28, 2014 at 12:07 am

You’re parents threw an amazing looking party! I can’t believe they were able to fit everyone there for a sit down meal that looked so beautiful!
Tricia @ A Couple Of Dashes recently posted..5 Things Friday: My Top 5 Favorite Songs in 2014

6 Alisha @ Real Girl Running December 28, 2014 at 5:02 am

I love your fringe Meghann! It looks amazing on you.

Our family doesn’t have any unique Christmas traditions, but just being together is the best part of Christmas ever. We spend the day with people we really love, and it just doesn’t get any better.
Alisha @ Real Girl Running recently posted..An Aussie Summer Weekend

7 Janice- The Fitness Cheerleader December 28, 2014 at 7:47 am

Merry Christmas!! It looks like you had a fantastic holiday full of family, friends and love. We sharae the same Christmas traditions as you – a nice Christmas Eve feast + we all open new jammies on Christmas Eve. I love the idea of matching ones, I might have to steal that idea for next year. Cheers!
Janice- The Fitness Cheerleader recently posted..My Top Five Favourite Things About the Holidays

8 Courtney! December 28, 2014 at 4:25 pm

I’m so jealous of your giant (and close) family! With Christmas being in the middle of the week, we didn’t get to go home and see family this year, but it was still nice having the whole day for just my husband and I. We always watch Mickey’s Christmas Carol on Christmas Eve and then this year we went out for Mexican food and margaritas. I’m okay with that tradition sticking 🙂
Courtney! recently posted..Meow-y Christmas!!

9 Nora @AdventuresMotherDaughterDuo December 28, 2014 at 8:42 pm

Baby Owen is so cute!! And it looks like you had a wonderful Christmas, I love the idea of matching holiday pjs! 🙂
Nora @AdventuresMotherDaughterDuo recently posted..Home For the Holidays

10 crystal December 30, 2014 at 1:16 am

I love the necklace! Our only real tradition is Christmas jammies.