Weekend Updates

by Meghann on December 14, 2014

Happy final full week before Christmas!

Have you finished all of your Christmas shopping? I’m getting close. About 90% of my holiday shopping was done online this year. I haven’t stepped in a mall since before Thanksgiving and I’m pretty happy about that fact.

20141214_191313

Our Christmas tree is looking good!

I took Friday off of work and started my weekend a day early at the Magic Kingdom.

MagicKingdom

MyΒ plan was to finally ride the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. The ride has been opened for months and is notorious for long lines and hard-to-get Fast Passes. I hate waiting in long lines (yes, this Disney lover HATES lines), so I’ve been avoiding the ride like the plague. However, sometime last week it hit me enough was enough and I had to ride this ride now. So I loaded my iPad up with People Magazine, bought a Starbucks coffee, and prepared myself for the 70 minute wait (almost as soon as I stepped in line they upped the sign to 90 minutes).

SevenDwarfsWait

72 minutes later I had finished my coffee, read an entire issue of People, and caught up on all my social media networks – it was time to ride!

20141212_144322

I lucked out with a front row seat for my first ride.

FrontRow

The ride was great. The look and feel reminded me of Thunder Mountain with similar animatronic technology you see on the Cars ride at Disney’s California Adventure. The best parts were the amazing views. The ride is right in the middle of the park with great views of Cinderella’s Castle, Beast’s Castle and surrounding Fantasyland.

20141212_144554 20141212_144604

I’m not sure I’ll wait 70+ minutes to ride it again, but I’d be open to anything 40 minutes and under. πŸ˜‰

On Saturday morning I decided to switch my running routine up a little bit by heading to Bayshore to get my 7 miles in.

ChillyRun

It was a little only the chilly side so my Brooks PureProject Beanie, Essential Gloves, and Race Day Armwarmers came in handy.

Besides dealing with a pretty nasty fall less than a mile into it, the run was great. The blue skies and cooler weather reminded me why Florida rocks in the winter time.

After catching up with great friends over breakfast, the rest of my day was dedicated to laundry, present wrapping, and yard work.

That evening Derek and I got the play dress up for his holiday work party.

20141213_182852

I love playing dress up. πŸ™‚ Β (p.s. the dress is from Golden Tote <– I have a full review coming Wednesday!)

What work party is complete without a photo booth?

xmas photobooth

Let’s just say Sunday morning was a little rough. You know it’s a good party when…

My weekend was complete when I invited these lovely ladies over for an afternoon of cookie decorating.

cookie friends

I prepped the sugar cookie and gingerbread dough that morning. When Jess and Courtney arrived all we had to do was pull the dough out of the fridge and get to work rolling and cookie cutting it.

20141214_155319

20141214_162724

We had so much fun playing catch up while decorating the cookies. If you’re looking for a fun girlfriend activity this December, I highly recommend breaking out the icing and having a cookie decorating party.

allthecookies

How was your weekend? Do anything fun?

1 Molly Rose December 14, 2014 at 8:17 pm

I’m pretty positive I waited 90 minutes for Cheetuh Hunt at Busch Gardens… because my husband decided we HAD to try it the weekend it opened -ahh!- never again πŸ™‚ Curious, where do you keep your iPad during the ride??

Bayshore is the bomb, and now is deff the time to go. I can’t deal during the hotter months… being under direct sunlight for so long zaps my energy, I swear.

You are rockin those bangs. BTW.
Molly Rose recently posted..I Mustache You Some Questions

2 Meghann December 14, 2014 at 9:02 pm

The iPad fits in my purse, which was by my feet for the ride. Unlike Universal (not sure about Busch Gardens?) Disney allows you to bring a bag on all of their rides. πŸ™‚

3 Beth December 14, 2014 at 8:17 pm

I love your iPad case. What is it? I’m shopping for one now and having such a hard time choosing one!

4 Meghann December 14, 2014 at 9:07 pm

It’s from Target! I love it.

5 Linda @ The Fitty December 14, 2014 at 8:43 pm

Looks like a great Sunday despite being a little hungover! πŸ™‚
Linda @ The Fitty recently posted..Why You Should Eat Liver

6 Sara @ Lake Shore Runner December 14, 2014 at 11:29 pm

I love your dress! Can’t wait to hear more about Golden Tote πŸ™‚
Sara @ Lake Shore Runner recently posted..Breakfast in Bed with Link Love #4

7 Alisha @ Real Girl Running December 15, 2014 at 1:19 am

I love the Golden Tote dress – it looks amazing on you! And well done on being so organised for Christmas! I’m not too far off, but it’s only going to get more hectic from here, so I’ll be seeing if I can wrap it all up this week.
Alisha @ Real Girl Running recently posted..Quick Update on an Amazing Weekend

8 Linda December 15, 2014 at 1:56 am

I love the mine train! I am normally really afraid of roller coasters because I am afraid of heights but the mine train just has one small drop. I love the dwarves! When we were there 3 weeks ago we lucked out with some anytime fast passes we got from DVC and we rode it 3 times with like 10 minute waits. It is now my second favorite Magic Kingdom ride.

9 Hilary December 15, 2014 at 12:40 pm

I love playing dress up too! It’s so fun πŸ™‚ You’re dress is so cute too by the way!
Hilary recently posted..Why We Should Treat Everyday Like The Most Important Day In Our Lives

10 Stephanie @ My Freckled Life December 15, 2014 at 3:33 pm

Looks like such a fun weekend! I’m always jealous of the Floridians who are so close to Disney that you can just pop in for an afternoon! Also, I can’t wait to read this review, because I LOVE that dress! You guys look so great!

Also, side note: Has anyone ever told Derek that he kind of looks like Troy Brouwer from the Washington Capitals? I think that every time I watch a game! http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capitals-insider/files/2013/03/sp-capitals_0391361503691.jpg
Stephanie @ My Freckled Life recently posted..I’m noticing a trend here…

11 Amy @ SouthernMiles December 15, 2014 at 4:09 pm

We rode the mine train at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas and waited about 40 minutes so sounds like we got lucky! I can’t think of a better way to spend your time in line than with a Starbucks and reading material. Love the dress!! πŸ™‚

12 Kristi December 15, 2014 at 6:54 pm

My weekend ROCKED! I was the maid of honor in my BF’s weeding at … Wait for it… Disney’s Grand Floridian weddig pavilion. it was AMAZING. I can’t stop smiling and gushing about it. The couple were married at 10:11 on 12/13/14. There were even some party crashes. Mickey, Minnie and Stitch made appearances at the reception. We started the week off on Tuesday at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. I’m the one who tweeted you about the Starbucks. I finally made it to the Starbucks on Sunday night after we watched Elsa cover the castle with ice. The castle is rediculously beautiful. It was a truly magical weekend.

13 Meghann December 15, 2014 at 8:43 pm

That’s funny, an acquaintance from high school was at a wedding at Grand Floridian on Saturday – I wonder if it was the same one? I’m sorry again about the delayed twitter response! I’m glad you finally found it!

14 Courtney! December 15, 2014 at 7:14 pm

Love the Golden Tote dress!!
I rode the Mine Train for the first time on Friday too at Mickey’s Christmas Party. I was a little disappointed in the ride. I thought there would be more “dark” portions, but the coaster was a really smooth ride and those animatronics are incredible! I also rode it at night, so we couldn’t see anything outside. I’ll have to give it another chance someday in the daylight!
Courtney! recently posted..#TBT Travel: Hawaii (August 2014) Part I

15 Katie @ Balanced RD December 15, 2014 at 8:54 pm

I love that dress! It can be so hard to find cute, winter dresses. That one definitely works perfect!

16 Rebekah Smith December 17, 2014 at 1:10 pm

You look so great girl!!! Your bangs are on point and you look fab. FAB!!!!! Love that dress you wore to the party.